Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-03-2009, 11:48 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Dragonish thingy

This is my first serious pixel art since last January so I'm surprised it turned out this well, though I think I'm still a little rusty.

This was originally from a Pixel Joint contest around Halloween for coloring in these cool monster outlines and adding backgrounds but I never got around to it in time, but I wanted to finish it so I came up with this:

Roughly...3-4 hours of work? Unsure, time flies when you're pixeling.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 12-03-2009, 11:57 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I like the wrinkles on it's toes and the way it's lower jaw looks/works

Nice coloring job, but the line between the red skin and orange belly looks rather blurred.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's head looks retarded (eyes, jaw). Liking the rest so far.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Hah I had that one too, i think you have slightly too many colors, use them for textures and such aswell, not just plain areas

Old 12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I think it looks great. It should be blowing out fire, or thats what I think it should be doing when I look at it's facial expression/features. Wings would also be cool, but not required.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Whoa, nice.

I actually don't have much of a problem with the eyes. They remind me of a hammerhead shark for some reason, but I love those, and it's interesting to see on something else. The split jaw is undoubtedly my favorite part, though. Great work.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:24 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Looks pretty nice. Great job.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
It looks good, and with a background (Volcanish landscape like?) it would look pure awesome.

Very well made.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:07 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I think it's head looks retarded (eyes, jaw).
was thinking that too, but the colors are nice.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:06 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Keep in mind I didn't design the thing, just colored it. You can give your praise to the girl who made the outline about that. :P

I always use a lot of colors, but I've never really seen a problem with that. *shrug* I'll get working on some things tho, like the line between the belly and the rest of the skin.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 12-04-2009, 01:59 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I like the coloring.

Good job
Old 12-04-2009, 04:24 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
nice
Old 12-04-2009, 04:33 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Hah I had that one too, i think you have slightly too many colors, use them for textures and such aswell, not just plain areas
I've always wondered...what's with pixel artists and using the least amount of colors as possible?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 AM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I've always wondered...what's with pixel artists and using the least amount of colors as possible?
I believe it's from the era where pixelart originated from, the computers could only handly 8 colors or so, and pixelartists try to continue that now. Less colors makes you optimize the use of your colors.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:59 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Kind of like how LATs make levels with the least amount of NPCs possible, atleast good ones. Or how scripters try to reduce the amount of lines/redundancy.