Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Graal iClassic Art Contest

As long as the server doesn't randomly make everyone lose farmed Gralats, I am holding an Art Contest for iClassic. The prize is 5,000 to 10,000 Gralats and the Gralats are currently in my guildhouse.

August 23rd, 2011

So far I have seven lanes of Gralats which means seven winners. I have a contributions list but since this post won't be able to be edited, I won't include it here. The main details are on Facebook at: (There may be lanes later, which means more winners)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=204516309606198

But to sum it up:

Due 8:00PM (-5GMT), December 18th || Prize Given Dec 25th
(This contest is for iClassic members only, since I do not play iEra)

The contest will be judged by myself and four other Graal players who I know are very much into art.

1. David K?
2. Jester Jacks
3. Pimpsy Georgerick
4. Sui Sui
5. DannxThree

=== RULES ===

Theme: You must create a piece of art that represents your self, and how you perceive your self on Graal. Also, a few sentences about the art piece. This can be, but not limited to a picture of your self, for instance slashing at someone. If it does not look or sound like it relates to Graal at all, it probably won't win.

EXAMPLE WILL BE PUT UP SOON.

=== CONTACT ===

Please send a picture of the art piece to: [email protected]
With your Graal Facebook NAME, AGE, GENDER, and FEW SENTENCES.

ALSO Please include your program, or medium of choice.
Maybe you sketched or used photoshop, perhaps you used coke cans or video...

We will not accept anything inappropriate. No drugs, no alcohol, and no sexually explicit material.

QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Please message me at:

David K Graal on Facebook,
[email protected]
Or on here. (slower responses)

=== Why? ===

I'd like to have a Graal art contest for fellow artists. Since I believe Graal is a great place for people to gain an interest in art. I feel Graal helped me learn art programs in the past that I would have never tried otherwise.

I love art, and I'm sure many of you do too. The contest is scheduled for December 25th for those who many not celebrate the holiday, or might celebrate Kwanzaa or Chanukah instead. It can also be something to give to those less fortunate as well.

=== Don't play iClassic? ===
If you'd still like to enter, please let me know you don't play and won't be collecting the prize. All pictures will be going up on a set up Deviant Art account.

Staff Members and Judges can enter but cannot win the prize, it would go to the next person in line.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 PM
David K?
My example, since I'm a digital artist, I used Illustrator, and I'd probably go under Photoshop to add touch-ups and shading. You are not limited to drawing, or sketching. Art can mean a wide variety of things, be creative. :]

======= EXAMPLE =======

To whom it may concern,

Hi, my name is David K?, and I created my picture on a killing spree on iClassic. In the background you can see a bomb explosion and a dead person named Dannxthree Graal. I am usually perceived as, viewed as, think of my self as, blah blah blah, a ruthless killer on Graal, and use bombs often. I think of my self as a crazy person, yet the environment is happy going since I am down to earth and nice when I am not killing.

Sincerely,
David K?

====== End of Example ======

It does not have to be that long, but should represent your Graal Character. Please do not send images/videos already found on the internet, or images/videos that you have not taken pictures of, created yourself. If it looks nothing like Graal, it most likely won't be accepted and you will get an email back stating why. Feel free to explain yourself.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 08-24-2011 at 02:31 AM..
Old 08-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Banned
blader2007_p2p is on a distinguished road
Not gonna lie, that face scared me.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:27 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
I think it´s a nice idea but try to explain that to the iGraalians they are gonna flip out and probably just gonna send in some stickmans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blader2007_p2p View Post
Not gonna lie, that face scared me.
It´s just a noobs face... So you are scared everytime you join a new server?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:24 AM
David K?
Woh, the image shouldn't be that big o.O;; I'm sure I made it smaller on the photobucket.com website... Anyway so far there are 80 people attending, and a few submissions, one is pretty good, two are not what we were looking for or even of Graal.. but so far they are doing alright.

If they want to send stickmen I say let them. It could be neat having a Graal Stickman video. Most of the people are around 13-16 years of age, and I don't expect them to be amazing. Either way all the entries can be unique and fun anyway.

The point is I want them to do something artistic, and have fun doing it, not to mention there is an incentive / award. :]

-EDIT-
Re-uploaded it under a different name and fixed it.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 08-24-2011, 03:24 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
how do we know you will pay up in the end?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Because he'll be publicly tortured, ridiculed and the soles of his feet beaten with a floppy disk in level 14 (or its equivalent for those who have no idea what I'm talking about)
Old 08-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
I don't understand why age and gender are necessary ? I understand that it really doesn't matter, but why would you ask for that?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Because he'll be publicly tortured, ridiculed and the soles of his feet beaten with a floppy disk in level 14 (or its equivalent for those who have no idea what I'm talking about)
Exactly. :]

Quote:
I have the only hat I wanted on iClassic, a panda that sits on my head, and I only use it on special occasions. If you have not noticed by now, this time around on my Graal session (1 year approximately) I have been dressing as a noob. I have no need for accessories, clothing, or head, and I'm not a collector. I've been asked once if I've been tempted to take the money before, and my answer was no, because I don't need it.

I'd much rather see the Graal community having fun doing art than trying to farm for money and collecting things. I enjoy it much more... That and it helps create Art connections.

Although, due to recent events on iClassic, I may be switching to iEra as soon as the event is over. I just hope there will be a trading system for when I decide to do contests on iEra, and I may continue every once in a while to do them on iClassic. (Don't expect it, I'll be trying to get a job soon, while going to a university starting next week)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
I don't understand why age and gender are necessary ? I understand that it really doesn't matter, but why would you ask for that?
Again, all the images will be going on a Deviant Art account with your gender, age, and Graal name. Who knows, maybe the females will do better than the males? ;o You can leave it out if you'd like.

If I may, I'll continue to update the farm status by dropping by and leaving pictures.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 08-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Ignorance has no future
wip
Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
2007 is a really odd year to declare graals death o.O
Old 08-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
2007 is a really odd year to declare graals death o.O
its when the "new" subscription system came out.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I agree this choice of year makes little sense, Graal is pronounced dead every year...
strange that.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Ignorance has no future
Well it doesn't really matter the year, I just choose 07' because observer mode came out and prices sky rocketed. But I agree, had to put a year though or maybe i should leave no 1998 - and have a grave dug for it waiting.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
I almost thought this was something official... Sounds good though.