Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Ohk4y is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ohk4y
Security View

Hello again. I am wondering if it's possible to make a gui that can display views of any level that is listed in a given array, Like a security camera that can view players in the levels listed in the array and their chat, ect. Or you could view an individual player's screen or a majority of their screen when typing in their account.

--

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:53 PM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
I beleive it's possible. I'd first off go about constructing an image on the appropriate scale using the file I/O, for this I'd use a multitude of showimgs but with 4096 tiles to compute there might be a more elegant solution. Next off I'd scan through the initial conditions of each npc:
onCreated() and onPlayerEnters().

Lastly I would scan through the all players array and pick out those in the specified level, find out there x and y coords and display only there head scaled down a suitable size in accordance to the rest of the image.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:13 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
There used to be/still are (?) a couple scripts doing this on Era. They are all in individual levels that would just copy the tiles of the target level into the one where the script is located, then synch the players/npcs from the other level into the one with the script. Used to use a ****load of resources.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 PM
penguin.
Tolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the roughTolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tolnaftate2004
Step 1. Create transparent GUI
Step 2. Chat: warpto *some account*
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit!!

Killa Be: when i got that locker in 6th grade the only thing in it was a picture of a midget useing a firehose :/
Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Ohk4y is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ohk4y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
There used to be/still are (?) a couple scripts doing this on Era. They are all in individual levels that would just copy the tiles of the target level into the one where the script is located, then synch the players/npcs from the other level into the one with the script. Used to use a ****load of resources.
Sounds a little above my ability!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:27 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohk4y View Post
Sounds a little above my ability!
It's not like you would need anything like that anyway.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:28 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I wrote one that:

1. Opened the level the player was in. (loadlines)
2. Stripped the NPCs out and overwrote my "spy" level. (savelines)
3. Created a bunch of actor NPCs with an account attached to it and joined my actor class that updated the actor's look, x, y, ani, and attrs. (putnpc2, join)
4. The main script would check for new players entering the level and add/remove as necessary.

You're in over your head!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Coder
Gunderak is on a distinguished road
It just looks like he is making a little staff tool for some fun.
Maybe you could just screenshot each level use them images and then use a guishowimgctrl of the target player and when they move it tells your showimg to move in scale.
Maybe just try making it for one player for now..

Or maybe just use Fowlplays screenshot script and make the targeted player make a screenshot every say 5 seconds and then make your "camera" GUI show the image every 2 seconds.
Not sure if that would work..

Gund for president.

Remote PM {P*}x (Graal813044) from eraiphone -> Stefan: I hav 1 qustion
*Gunderak: he hav 1
*Gunderak: qustion
Old 11-11-2011, 03:08 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
I wrote a spy tool that did exactly that, showed it in a GUIControl. It worked on gmaps and stuff too, displayed all the players in the level and certain NPCs by parsing the file and deciding if they were props or not. I was on UN when I was NAT there until someone noticed it and deleted it.