Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Bugs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-03-2004, 06:28 AM
CyberWitness is on a distinguished road
Angry My character restarted during server crash

Stefen,

On Friday, March 26, 2004, I logged on during a server chrash. When I tried logging on after some time, it went to the character create screne. Because of this, my character has been restarted against my will. I lost many good items and countless hours of exp. Needless to say, I am pretty upset about the whole thing. But, I have been told that you can restart my character to the last point that I typed, "/save". I do this very often, so if my character can be re-created to the last time I did a "/save" I will be content. Until then, I am very upset about the days of my Graal Gold subscription flying away without me being able to play with my hard-earned character. I ask that you will re-create my character (username CyberWitness) to the last time that I typed a "/save". Another thing that I would like to ask of you is that you give me back the days on my subscribtion that I have lost. I understand that this will be hard (if not imposible) for you to do. If you cannot do it, that is ok. If you can though, right now I have 218 days left. Since I lost my character on March the 26th, that means that I have lost 7 days. So if my account can be updated to that, I will be very please with your exelent service. Otherwise, just restart my character to the last "/save" poin as soon as posible.

-CyberWitness
Old 04-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
How did you lose days of your subscription? You can still play, i.e. have access to the server - whether it's fun or not in this state isn't part of the contract. besides, try to contact Loriel about this, he may be able to help you.

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 04-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Satrek2000
How did you lose days of your subscription? You can still play, i.e. have access to the server - whether it's fun or not in this state isn't part of the contract. besides, try to contact Loriel about this, he may be able to help you.
Yeah, and its not stefan's fault you waited 7 days before saying anything about your reset character? o_O
Old 04-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Contracts are tricky. Read the small letters ;o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 04-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Quote:
True, I can still log on to Graal Kindoms, but I have better things to do then waist my time on a level 1 Character with no items. That's not what I payed to do. So although I didn't really loose days in a glich or something, the last 7 days have been days that I would LIKE to play, but CAN'T if I have anyhope of getting my well-earned character back.

Quote:
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee

Yeah, and its not stefan's fault you waited 7 days before saying anything about your reset character? o_O
Accually, do to some weird glich, I have been unable to post for the last 7 days. It would keep saying that my password was wrong (which I know it wasn't, I would copy and paste). I've tried post every day after it happened, I was finally able to post yesterday. So, can my character be re-created yet?
Old 04-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
Originally posted by CyberWitness
That's not what I payed to do.
Actually, it is - you didn't pay for any items or experience, just the ability to gain both - and you still can do that

Quote:
Old 04-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
I do not think that /save has any effect.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Quote:

Actually, it is - you didn't pay for any items or experience, just the ability to gain both - and you still can do that
No, it's not what I payed for. It's like buying, say, a TV. It only comes with one chanel at the begining, but work on the TV and eventually can get more. Then the TV breaks down and all that time has been waisted. But I can get it repair, after all, it has a warenty. Are you saying that you would just use that one chanel when you can get all the others back? Come on, put yourself in my place.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
The analogy does not work.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:

No, it's not what I payed for. It's like buying, say, a TV. It only comes with one chanel at the begining, but work on the TV and eventually can get more. Then the TV breaks down and all that time has been waisted. But I can get it repair, after all, it has a warenty. Are you saying that you would just use that one chanel when you can get all the others back? Come on, put yourself in my place.
Graal doesn't have a warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 04-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
Quote:

True, I can still log on to Graal Kindoms, but I have better things to do then waist my time on a level 1 Character with no items. That's not what I payed to do.
Uh, yeah it is.
You didn't start playing the game at lvl115, you know
Old 04-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
It's like buying, say, a TV.
A TV is a way to access media broadcasts. You cannot sue the company that made the TV set simply because there's only crap at primetime. Same with graal, you paid for access to the servers, and you still got it.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2004, 05:48 AM
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! STOP BEING SO LITTERAL! I LOST MY CHARACTER DUE TO A GLICH DURING A SERVER RESTART AND I WANT HIM BACK! IS THAT A CRIME?!? Come on, this is supposed to be where we can post to report bugs. That's all I'm doing. You all are making good points, and ok, my comparison to buying a TV was losy. All I know is that my character was NOT supposed to restart like that, but it did. Ok? Wouldn't you want the same thing if you where in my position?

PS: Please don't keep filling this thread up with spam. I was only adressing Stefen when I wrote my first post. And unless any of you have to ability to help me, I ask that you all would just stop wasting time posting pointless messages just to make me mad.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
See, folks, this is not the way to get attention.

Perhaps I can help this person tomorrow if I got spare time after school.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Loriel

See, folks, this is not the way to get attention.

Perhaps I can help this person tomorrow if I got spare time after school.
Ha ha, very funny. Now would you cut it out please?