Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like to see GK totally broke down and redone. The problem is that each system is built to function on it's own. All or some of the each individual systems should rely on each other, and the system should be built as a whole.

Storyline:
- Add a storyline that means something. Put backstories on kingdoms.
- add FMV sequences to tell storylines (It is unattractive for new players to scroll
through only endless lines if text).
- Add voices to the texts option. Some people like to listen instead of read.
- Storylines also add more options for Rping purposes

Questing:
- There should be a lot of quests pertaining to the different Systems on GK. Quests for combat, Alchemy, Smithing, mining, crafting, searching, ect
- This brings in a lot of possibilities.

Skills:
- Rename current skills to abilities, or something of the sort, and add a leveling system to the current basic skills (mining, crafting, smithing, baking, fishing, ect)
- Each skill would level up. the higher you level the skill. The better stuff you produce.
- This would bring in the possibilities of adding new skills. Examples would be Hunting, Sailing, breeding (pets,) ect.
- Fot the crafting skill. You should have different ore's/items to obtain to craft certain gear. gear should be lvl based. crafting skill would work off of smithing and mining.
- Baking skill should be based on farming, so on and so forth.

Leveling:
- Make it so it is not so easy to get to lvl 110. You have 6 different skills. I shouldn't be able to reach lvl 110 unless I max out all or most of my stats.
- Make useful and interesting ways to level each stat. Something like quests for each of the skills.

Pets:
- Pets should actually mean something. X pet gives X buff.
- Rare pets are harder to obtain.

Armor/Gear:
- I addressed lvl based gear previously.
- People need some form of goal to work for other than getting lucky and winning events...
- Armors shouldn't hinder the player so much making most armor useless.

These are just a few suggestions. I hope you are getting what my goal would be. This is probably just wishful thinking. People in mmo's need a clear goal to follow with lots of options to keep busy.

Or maybe a whole new game built from scratch would be a better alternative...
Old 02-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
I would like to see GK totally broke down and redone. The problem is that each system is built to function on it's own. All or some of the each individual systems should rely on each other, and the system should be built as a whole.

We are waiting for Stefan to launch us on FB. We're not going to recreate an entirely new server.

In fact - let me be clear - moving forward, if you make suggestions so completely outrageous I'll simply delete them as spam.

GK operates with limited development resources - most of which are not just paid for but paid out of the pocket of GK management, namely Nico. I think you can understand why a suggestion like the one I've quoted smacks of ungratefulness.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:

Storyline:
- Add a storyline that means something. Put backstories on kingdoms.
- add FMV sequences to tell storylines (It is unattractive for new players to scroll
through only endless lines if text).
- Add voices to the texts option. Some people like to listen instead of read.
- Storylines also add more options for Rping purposes

Questing:
- There should be a lot of quests pertaining to the different Systems on GK. Quests for combat, Alchemy, Smithing, mining, crafting, searching, ect
- This brings in a lot of possibilities.

Skills:
- Rename current skills to abilities, or something of the sort, and add a leveling system to the current basic skills (mining, crafting, smithing, baking, fishing, ect)
- Each skill would level up. the higher you level the skill. The better stuff you produce.
- This would bring in the possibilities of adding new skills. Examples would be Hunting, Sailing, breeding (pets,) ect.
- Fot the crafting skill. You should have different ore's/items to obtain to craft certain gear. gear should be lvl based. crafting skill would work off of smithing and mining.
- Baking skill should be based on farming, so on and so forth.

Leveling:
- Make it so it is not so easy to get to lvl 110. You have 6 different skills. I shouldn't be able to reach lvl 110 unless I max out all or most of my stats.
- Make useful and interesting ways to level each stat. Something like quests for each of the skills.

Pets:
- Pets should actually mean something. X pet gives X buff.
- Rare pets are harder to obtain.

Armor/Gear:
- I addressed lvl based gear previously.
- People need some form of goal to work for other than getting lucky and winning events...
- Armors shouldn't hinder the player so much making most armor useless.

These are just a few suggestions. I hope you are getting what my goal would be. This is probably just wishful thinking. People in mmo's need a clear goal to follow with lots of options to keep busy.

Good luck.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well right now magic is not the only mouse-required activity on GK. To use the inventory you must use the mouse. Also, to use the kingdom interface you must use the mouse. It's not ideal but these are smaller details in the big scope of things.
Maybe I am missing something here but what about bow's and gambling ??

I still highly recomment in-game storyline being told. Somehow the phrase "tune in next week to find out what happens next" kinda makes me want to actually log back on the server.. and find out.. And you know I'm going to keep suggesting this until it happens.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Graphics Artist
LightDamage will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
maybe i am missing something here but what about bow's and gambling ??

I still highly recomment in-game storyline being told. Somehow the phrase "tune in next week to find out what happens next" kinda makes me want to actually log back on the server.. And find out.. And you know i'm going to keep suggesting this until it happens.
+1
Old 02-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Duergar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
We are waiting for Stefan to launch us on FB. We're not going to recreate an entirely new server.

In fact - let me be clear - moving forward, if you make suggestions so completely outrageous I'll simply delete them as spam.

GK operates with limited development resources - most of which are not just paid for but paid out of the pocket of GK management, namely Nico. I think you can understand why a suggestion like the one I've quoted smacks of ungratefulness.
That was just a statement. There are some suggestions in there that are possible. I was just stating what i would like to see on GK like the thread said.
I wasn't saying That it should be done right away... but would like to see it done in the future...

I know how limited GK development is. Those are just suggestions. If Kingdoms on facebook brings in a whole new group of people. It will also bring in a whole new source of revenue. In turn, it should bring in more development opportunities.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:31 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
That was just a statement. There are some suggestions in there that are possible. I was just stating what i would like to see on GK like the thread said.
I wasn't saying That it should be done right away... but would like to see it done in the future...

I know how limited GK development is. Those are just suggestions. If Kingdoms on facebook brings in a whole new group of people. It will also bring in a whole new source of revenue. In turn, it should bring in more development opportunities.
revenue != development.

While GK is not entirely impossible to develop for, there are a considerable amount of factors hindering progress (i.e. mudlib and some inaccessibles / unchangeables) that make changing a lot of systems up nearly impossible (if not impossible).

Something as drastic as starting from the ground up will never occur on the Graal Kingdoms as you know it, and having popped in here and there occasionally since the start of it, I think it's for the best (albeit, I choose not to invest time in it...) -- but in contrast, Kingdoms Iphone has the ability to take advantage of several enhancements over the past 12+ years (ex: SQLite....) to offer better playability (character slots, more item dynamics, etc...) than PC / FB GK.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:36 AM
DraxxTeazok is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DraxxTeazok
You guys probably don't even want me to start in on this again...
I have laid out many good professions to help balance the system and bring the community before. Slade has the right idea about balancing the system. It does not require a revamp of the whole system, but honestly it cannot be done properly until you find a way to make the trade and barter system self sufficient and self stabilizing, meaning every item would have to have a value to become something greater then itself. This is not something i just suggest lightly, it's something I was working on by myself for many months. When I suggest a detailed fishing system where you can level to catch better and more valuable fish with your increase in skill, it's a system i was building alone. I can lay it all out for you if you like but it's going to take some time because I no longer have a PC and I'm doing this all from my phone...

I'm still sitting on all the gfx work I did years ago in hopes that they would hire staff that didn't have their head up their ***, and actually wanted to bild a game that would bring the community together the way MMOs are supposed to be designed. With that said, more monsters, dungeons, loot drops, and holiday events would in no way entice me to return to go with its broken system. Restoring my hundreds of lost items would surely help but it wouldn't fix the game I love so much. Only newly designed content will do that. My fishing system for example would have around sixty different fish. The fish you catch would be based on the weather, day/night, location, and skill level of the player. You would start off with common and cheap fish, maybe enough to make a little cash but nothing more then that. There could be NPCs that would require you to catch a certain number of the rarest of these cheap fish in return for better fishing equipment, which would put you in a different skill bracket, allowing you to not only catch the cheapest fish but a few slightly more valuable fish. This would continue on up the line to master fisherman. These fish could also be used to create better foods you could use to make money, or keep your food meter up, even allow for some special buffs. They could also be used to trade to certain fisherman or scientist NPCs for study, which in return may give you a piece to an item that could become very valuable and powerful down the road. Same idea goes for the bug catching, plant farming, animal farming, fruit growing, wild play picking, detailed mining, crafting, and hunting systems I was working on alone. Every item would have a value to become something greater in one form or another. I should have continued this idea regardless of GKs standing but i honestly lost heart over the years, or I would have much of it finished by now.

I also had ideas for a house upgrade system tat would allow for larger levels, more floors, and custom wallpapers and carpets. A bank system that could store money and jewels as well as mail, and for a certain price recover that lost house for you (hopefully possible). A postal system that worked and not only allowed you to leave messages for people that were offline but attach gifts to them as well. Museum stands instead of shop stands that would allow players to see the rare items you have collected but never use, and maybe even tell a little backstory on said item. NPC menus that would allow you to choose specific topics to discuss rather then long lists of jibberish. Then you could tell a shop np you want to sell, highlight all items you want to sell, and sell them all at once, as well as a buy back option just in case you sold something of value by accident. And also class specific skills. I'm not saying a warrior shouldn't be allowed to steal but maybe a good thief can learn to hide in plain sight asking as he stays still. I have a long list of those skill ideas as well. All just food for thought I suppose but I'm glad to see people thinking again....

As for the gfx I had finished, I had some of the wild plants in different levels of growth, some fruit, veggies and other foods, a cow, a squirrel, a wolf, quite a few of the bugs in motion, and about 45 of the fish, all in different stages of development. Honestly I'm not the best GFXer so I have always welcomed assistance, but these are the type of things i personally would prefer to see i production.

Here's my thought on it:
Item A comes from mining and crafting, maybe high level skill maybe not.
Item B comes from collecting certain items and "alchemizing" them.
Combine item A with item B and get Item C (might be a useful item or maybe just a means to produce a useful item)
Item D comes from gathering, maybe bugs, maybe wild plants, and trading them to an NPC who's looking to study them in return for said item D.
Item E comes from making a specific food product, maybe from farming , or fishing, or fruit, or a combination and giving it to a hungry NPC in return for item E.
Combine item D and item E for item F, rather it be crafting or alchemy.
Togeher item. C and item F create a rare item worthy of some use.
This can continue down the line as well.
H+I=J
K+L=M
M+J= rare N
Then maybe G combined with N = inferno sword...

You get the idea. They all come from different professions. Maybe some come from hunting certain creatures (white wolf), maybe some even come from trading arras farm animal that you had to breed in a certain manner (black chicken, or a spotted cow). Every item has a value and each profession can make money or items in trade. This is how you build a self sustaining barter system.

Now I'm not just talking out my *** here. I'm not telling you to build it. I'm saying together we could build it. Yes it would take years of work, but upon it's release it would be far beyond any other MMO ever created. It would extend gameplay ten fold. It would bring in a whole new generation of gamers from all over the world. Imagine not only the six skill you have now but twelve to fifteen professions to specialize in. Everyone having no choice but to work together to really make progress in the game. A miner would have to supply a blacksmith materials, and the blacksmith would have to build better equipment for the miner (copper pick, iron pick, mining hat to prevent hose pesky monsters from popping out) even the baker could gather supplies to sell food with mining buffs to the miner (one less hit per rock). It would be a full community effort for once and for all. Bug catchers, and pet breeders, and jewelers, and farmers , and fisherman, and alchemist, carpenters, hunters, all working as one big unit...
Now it wouldn't fix the pvp system by any means, but it would certainly be a big step in the right direction , especially with the addition of class specific skills that could be used to balance the system like slade was saying.
You want a large community having fun and workin together for long periods of time? This is how you do it.

Last edited by NicoX; 04-09-2014 at 11:50 AM..
Old 04-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
I merged your posts. Please do not spam the threads. Also please do not use bad language here.

Thank you.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 PM
:p

Thanks.
It wasn't easy typing it all on an iphone4, that's why it was in pieces. Sorry about all that. Also I didn't actually use foul language, I blanked it out myself, just making the point is all. Sorry about that too.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:00 AM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
I like some of your suggestions Draxx, seeing the fishing system improved would be pretty cool.

Another simpler addition I think would be nice would be an update to the farming system as it's a pretty cool system. Perhaps some herbs you can grow to use in alchemy to make some buff potions (speed,damage,hp, etc). Could be really fun and helpful to lower level players to close the gap to the higher tier player.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:55 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboi View Post
I like some of your suggestions Draxx, seeing the fishing system improved would be pretty cool.

Another simpler addition I think would be nice would be an update to the farming system as it's a pretty cool system. Perhaps some herbs you can grow to use in alchemy to make some buff potions (speed,damage,hp, etc). Could be really fun and helpful to lower level players to close the gap to the higher tier player.
Indeed, I do love the fishing system, but there just isn't any reason to fish. You need to give players a REASON to do these things.

I really wish there were potions that lasted longer than 4 minutes at max. I love the potion system on GK, but it lacks a lot of content. No timers? It doesn't tell you exactly what the potion does (Even though most are self explanatory). What about all these potions that really mean nothing other than taking our plat to just sell back to the shop for 3 less then what we originally paid for them just to do the same process over and over 1000 times.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Well as I said it wasn't just for the fish. I wanted to include them all as part of a much larger system which would give everyone a reason to fish. It could all lead to somehing better. Same idea with the farming system. I have about twenty plants I wanted to include. The more skilled you become you could plant more at once and work on unlocking more expensive and more useful plants, all eventually leading to better foods, better buffs, equipment, and yes even potions. With fishing you could even include length or weight into the description of each fish and hold tournaments to see who could catch the best of a certain type. I also wanted a seperate screen showing all the types of fish you have caught, if onl for bragging rights, but apparently the mudlib will not allow for any of this to easily intigrated into the system so it's not lookin promising. Someone would have to script an entirely new background system for all of it and I don't see anyone taking the time to do it...
Old 04-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Duergar
As i said it would be nice to see a new server gk style from the ground up so you can include systems such as these. This is just wishful thinking as i know it will never happen, and i mean no discredit to the people developing for gk. I just remember Exploring gk for the first few years. It was amazing. If gk had more of these styles of systems i would have played longer than the 5+ years i did play for.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:26 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
As i said it would be nice to see a new server gk style from the ground up so you can include systems such as these. This is just wishful thinking as i know it will never happen, and i mean no discredit to the people developing for gk. I just remember Exploring gk for the first few years. It was amazing. If gk had more of these styles of systems i would have played longer than the 5+ years i did play for.
Get to work!