Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 02:33 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Why aren't mvp guns tradable?

Every other mvp item is tradable besides the vector, ar-15, and aa12. If players can get rich from buying the mp5 sd/pl9/samurai sword with mvp coins I don't get why the other 3 aren't tradable?

Same with the EC items, the ares and saber both sell for 1mil+ and they're tradable, I don't get why the 3 mvp guns aren't. Because they're blue? Doesn't make any sense, it should all be consistent.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:21 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Simply put, because different people did the different things. Some don't have vision or really care while others actually plan things and take their time.

The set of MVP guns is just that, a set of matching weapons of different types. The point was to collect the set and have them be somewhat of a recognizable showpiece: "Hey that guy has a MVP gun! He must be pretty good and not just spend all day mining."

I never liked the idea of trading any EC/Mvp items into the economy, that's pretty much the same thing as mixing currencies and they might as well make a EC:MVP:Money conversion at that point to stabilize the price; similar to how guns all have a shop and pawn price.

Winning/being good at events shouldn't be another job.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:07 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
with the ec items i can see what the TC is saying. they need to put a limit on those ec items. getting 700 something EC isn't that difficult anymore for a lot of the elite players on era (especially if you are in a gang that basically keeps winning multiple gang events and top gang every week). they give out EC coins like candy on halloween nowadays. im not saying that is a bad thing though. i remember in the old days where events were rarely hosted.

you can then buy one of those ec items that sell for 1 mil + and just keep on banking with that.

as for the mvp guns, i think they should be made public ( i am for making basically every gun buyable in the shop). using mvp coins to buy them is just an alternate way to get them. the other way would be with cash.

and i heard those weapons don't have anything special added to them. the mvp aa12 is the same as the regular aa12 that you can buy from the shop (this is the only mvp gun that has its counterpart in the shop). the mvp one is just blue and you can buy it with mvp coins. the ar used to be in the shops, but they removed it for some reason in the gun update. i dont think the vector has ever been in the shop?

i can see what the 2nd poster means too. havin those mvp guns usually mean that that person is good at pking or whatever or that their gang members are willin to lose so that certain members in the gang will be able to get them ^_~. but you can still do both at the same time. when people see that you have the blue colored version of the weapon, then they know you got them because you are good at pking or whatever. regular means that you bought it from the shop.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
Every other mvp item is tradable besides the vector, ar-15, and aa12. If players can get rich from buying the mp5 sd/pl9/samurai sword with mvp coins I don't get why the other 3 aren't tradable?

Same with the EC items, the ares and saber both sell for 1mil+ and they're tradable, I don't get why the 3 mvp guns aren't. Because they're blue? Doesn't make any sense, it should all be consistent.
this shouldn't regard you sine only good players can win MVPS
Old 04-25-2014, 01:07 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Just had a cute idea pertaining to this.

Since the Skin shop accepts multiple currencies, start pumping out MVP skins that cost a few MVP coins -- there will be no blending of currencies and it will fulfill all the original ideas of having the MVP versions of the guns. Small batches of coins will have an viable use rather than only having value in piles of 20. There will be a much broader set to show off this way without being limited to using just those items.