Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I'd rather shell at money once a year from my own pocket than having kids running around being better than me because they have mommy's credit card
Most cash-shop games offer no real 'benefits' other than cosmetics.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:34 PM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You have 5 hours of real free playing time, the observer mode is starting after that.
if you're going to give them any free playing time, it may as well be 10 to 15 hours so new players can actually look through the variety of servers and see if they think upgrading would be worth it or not
Old 02-14-2009, 07:46 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I'd rather see Graal pull away completely from trial's and subscriptions and focus on cash-shop type income, solely. It's a reason nearly every free game is cash-shop now.

People would rather feel like they are freely paying for advantages(no matter how cosmetic they are) rather than being pressured to pay for subscriptions.
Almost all MMORPG's that are available for free have cash shops, but this only works if there are enough players and the items in there doesn't give much of an advantage at all, if any.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:21 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Quote:
You have 5 hours of real free playing time, the observer mode is starting after that.
When I Said free Gold Period
I meant free subscription period for new players to let them have a taste of what they'll receive.

It could help boost sells, the period doesn't even need to be long, like maybe
1-2 days for each computer.

For Stefan:
Just think about what the players think, because they are the current players and they should have a say in what happens with the game, and their ideas should be taken into account when you think about updating the game. I can clearly see that us players have alot of ideas which are just remaining ideas because you Stefan and Unimax just don't really take us seriously by the looks of things, which is irritating since we can all clearly see the game slowly degrading.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:42 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
For Stefan:
Just think about what the players think, because they are the current players and they should have a say in what happens with the game, and their ideas should be taken into account when you think about updating the game. I can clearly see that us players have alot of ideas which are just remaining ideas because you Stefan and Unimax just don't really take us seriously by the looks of things, which is irritating since we can all clearly see the game slowly degrading.
Current players should not have any say.
Suggestions should be wanted, but that doesn't mean that you should be able to say "Make my playerworld Gold because it's cool" and have Stefan do such.
It doesn't work that way. He develops the game how he wants, and that's what happens. Sometimes if there's a player (or a few players) that are respected by him/greatly respected by the community, he might do something small.
That's how the gaming/design business works. Deal with it.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:42 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Well we all know Graal has never been the epitome of great business decisions. Oh well. I really wish Graal would do well.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:12 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Well we all know Graal has never been the epitome of great business decisions. Oh well. I really wish Graal would do well.
Actually Graal was doing fine for its first few years up till around the beginning of 08 or late 07 it started to fall, for some reason.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
Actually Graal was doing fine for its first few years up till around the beginning of 08 or late 07 it started to fall, for some reason.
I think it was at its peak in '01, but business-wise I never think they made very good decisions. I think Graal could have turned out way better with better business practice and decisions. For some reason they always try to be different with their trial modes. Ghost mode nor Observer were ever very... appealing.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:47 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I think this is most effective when it's a massive amount of players. I'm not even sure how much 1 player costs CJ on average.

Last edited by Sam; 02-16-2009 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Quote deleted
Old 02-15-2009, 10:46 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
For alot of people, it'd take atleast a full week to get into a game to decide whether it's worth their time or not. 5 hours is like a tease, and will just anger most people especially if they didn't experience much of anything interesting within the 5 hour period of game play. There's my opinion.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 AM
hi
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
We could go back to the old way where trials didn't have the ability to save.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:02 AM
im not MT the knight
Motherat is on a distinguished road
You're not entitled to your opinion. I copyrighted all of the stupidest opinions in the universe so they can never again be uttered.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:15 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Create a small "trial server" that any trial can play for free for as long as it takes to get them to buy an account. Give it like, 2 events a week, few NPCs, and little to actually do, like limited spars (each person gets 5 rounds a day), restricted pk'ing (very few pk levels), and lots of ways to separate players (5 islands, like GK, with no way to get between them; you log on, and are confined to your island; and having unchangeable nicknames and guildtags). Constantly have the PRs, the main staff team, telling people how awesome upgrading is, and have high quality ingame billboards depicting servers they could be playing. It could be an alternate for of advertising playerworlds too!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:36 AM
hi
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
The normal PR's barely help regular players :X
Old 02-17-2009, 12:32 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugo View Post
The normal PR's barely help regular players :X
PR on the trial server would be more so Public Relations (making sure players are on good terms with graal in general and entice them to upgrade) than the Player Relations whose only purpose is to have a staff tag sans developer skill.