Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-24-2009, 01:27 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Tilelayers (For Stefan!)

This is going to be my bump thread for tilelayers support. I know it's already been mentioned but I don't want Stefan to forget to add it. Feel free to contribute with suggestions for tilelayers.

Right now, tilelayers need

PHP Code:
tilelayers[tilelayer].layer 
Tilelayers need layers that can draw over player, under player, etc. This can make level editing pretty awesome.

I just want to make sure this (very necessary) functionality isn't left out of the new client. Tilelayers need to be able to draw over player!

I think it would be interesting to change the tilelayer that the player is on too although I'm not sure how well it would work. That way all other layers would be nonblocking. This would enable things like bridges, balconies, etc with no scripting required.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-24-2009, 01:30 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
I support this because of the awesome abilities we could have for creating new levels!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:32 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
I support this
Old 03-24-2009, 01:42 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Yes please, for convenience.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:53 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Bridges, trees, mountain ranges...
Old 03-24-2009, 01:57 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Hell, I dont script and even I see the use in this! :O
BumperdieBUUUUMP
Old 03-24-2009, 01:59 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
It would eliminate 30% of the images used online.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:33 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
For the children Stefan, for the children.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Great Idea.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Yes, please.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
If possible, instead of a scripting feature can't we infuse the script in to the editor as a built in component? I know you probably won't understand this, however; there are built in features already in the editor such as the flowers, there are 4 flowers on the tileset, the one top left of the tileset has a prominent part to change to the other tiles once used thus making it look like the flower is blowing in the wind. As a level designer I believe this would be easier and more efficent to add this advancement as a built in feature for everyone to use in a non difficult manner.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
If possible, instead of a scripting feature can't we infuse the script in to the editor as a built in component?.
Yeah but you know that Stefan will never update the Level Editor for some strange reason.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:44 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
If possible, instead of a scripting feature can't we infuse the script in to the editor as a built in component? I know you probably won't understand this, however; there are built in features already in the editor such as the flowers, there are 4 flowers on the tileset, the one top left of the tileset has a prominent part to change to the other tiles once used thus making it look like the flower is blowing in the wind. As a level designer I believe this would be easier and more efficent to add this advancement as a built in feature for everyone to use in a non difficult manner.
I have made an online level editor that already supports tile layers and is fully functional just like the offline editor. It doesn't save level updates yet though and it's not quite done.

I could perhaps show progress updates sometime, not sure.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-24-2009, 06:39 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I have made an online level editor that already supports tile layers and is fully functional just like the offline editor. It doesn't save level updates yet though and it's not quite done.

I could perhaps show progress updates sometime, not sure.
I can say one thing so far: it friggin rocks.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
This would be helpful