Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
rc bug/not working

So I am using Windows 8.. I opened my RC and now it won't work. It show's wrong font is my guess, any idea how to solve this? Is it just a fon't thing? It gives me an error full of box's when I try and login.. Below is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	188
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	55209  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Aeko had this problem as well.

Not sure if it was ever resolved..

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 12-05-2012, 01:26 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It's ****ed and Stefan wouldn't answer my email about it.

If you change to non-graphical you can get into RC but every window is like that with blocks instead of read-able font. It also seems to ignore the theme because in Windows 7/Vista/XP the background is a light gray/silver and not dark like in that picture.

What'd you use to make your windows transparent like that?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
I fixed it with a hex editor after like 8 hours of boredom at work but that was a few months ago and I'm on linux now.

edit: could never get the serverlist to work though because the text just disappeared so I had to type the name of the server i was trying to log onto. Also all my RC images disappeared so I had to guess where they were at but I didn't have too much of a problem with that.It was worth it not to use Client-RC. It may have been something I did though.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It's ****ed and Stefan wouldn't answer my email about it.

If you change to non-graphical you can get into RC but every window is like that with blocks instead of read-able font. It also seems to ignore the theme because in Windows 7/Vista/XP the background is a light gray/silver and not dark like in that picture.

What'd you use to make your windows transparent like that?
Nothing, it's just how window's 8 is I guess.. it worked fine for Windows 7, then I did an upgrade to 8 and blam, it broke.

I did see people got itunes working on linux now... so I might migrate to linux because I honestly hate all microsoft products.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
calling win 8 an upgrade over 7 is a stretch tbh
Old 12-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
calling win 8 an upgrade over 7 is a stretch tbh
Yeah I agree, but since I really want the sufrace tablet.... I think there tablet is probably on the best track to how a tablet experience should be... I want to get used to the Metro UI before I get it..
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Nothing, it's just how window's 8 is I guess.. it worked fine for Windows 7, then I did an upgrade to 8 and blam, it broke.

I did see people got itunes working on linux now... so I might migrate to linux because I honestly hate all microsoft products.
Nah, I like microsoft products I switched because my RTM ran out a while ago. Also I like being able to work from home in a native linux environment. Also since quitting WoW and since I moved on from other third party software that isn't supported by linux other than Office 2010 which I have to use for work. I have a windows XP vm that I have running in Virtual Box with a shared folder that's sitting in my home folder.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
OpenOffice? Btw, running WoW in WINE works better than running it native in windows for some people.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
OpenOffice? Btw, running WoW in WINE works better than running it native in windows for some people.
doesn't surprise me.. lol

back to the bug im getting.. ive read other forums other people have posted.. no resolution.. i think cubes said he did it with a hex editor? mind sharing info for the rest of us?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Stefan stated in another thread that he won't fix the issue, in favor of pushing the Client RC on everyone.

Would be nice to have a fix though.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
External RC > Client-RC
Old 12-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
Stefan stated in another thread that he won't fix the issue, in favor of pushing the Client RC on everyone.

Would be nice to have a fix though.
I know, and I don't believe it's something stefan needs to fix. I think the problem is window's...

oh, FP4.. I think it's just like an Aero theme or somethign the transparency.. it was like thatfor me on windows 7 then I did an upgrade and it just kept everything.

Last edited by scriptless; 12-06-2012 at 03:25 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I know, and I don't believe it's something stefan needs to fix. I think the problem is window's...
I don't think it's entirely Windows' fault. And I do think this would be an easy fix for Stefan if he actually just checked it out.

Maybe he just needs to update the GTK-libs he used, the latest external RC is from like, 2006 isn't it? That's 6 years ago!

Has everyone with Windows 8 tried both the RC and the RC-compatible version(For Win 95/98/ME)?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
InfamousPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousPride
I have Windows 8 on my other PC I'll test it out tonight.