Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
It may be something totally different, but something like this is already on graal classic, just check out the bridge to the right of futaids house.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:33 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
It may be something totally different
It is.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
I found a way to do this just simply setting a client.var when a player 'touchs' an npc (like going up a ladder or hill), basically it sets to a "layer" the player is on and the image detects what layer and adjusts what parts it blocks and is it drawn above or below the player.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:23 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
I found a way to do this just simply setting a client.var when a player 'touchs' an npc (like going up a ladder or hill), basically it sets to a "layer" the player is on and the image detects what layer and adjusts what parts it blocks and is it drawn above or below the player.
Yes, that would indeed work. At least on the clientside. The troubles begin when there are more players around.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Yes, that would indeed work. At least on the clientside. The troubles begin when there are more players around.
Exactly. If you "drawoverplayer" to draw the bridge over yourself, then the bridge will draw over ALL players whether they're on the bridge or under it.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:44 PM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
just a thought experiment, boat could you possibly make the bridge a gani and work with the layers from there or would the same problem arise as before in script?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:36 PM
One More Time
Also wouldn't changing changing just changing a var like player.layer work the same?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
changing changing just changing
Someone needs less chemicals.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Bump! Come on Stefan, do want.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-28-2012, 04:55 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
I agree! I'v heard of this LE in the making for to long! It would make life so much easier.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
I agree! I'v heard of this LE in the making for to long! It would make life so much easier.
It's not really a level editor that's being requested, rather some tilelayer features. You can already create layered levels with Gonstruct and use them online.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Banned
Well I heard they were adding all these new and great things to the new LE. Though I would be more than content with new feature added to the current one.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Well I heard they were adding all these new and great things to the new LE. Though I would be more than content with new feature added to the current one.
I've personally not heard of "a new level editor" aside from vague mentions of possibly getting a scripted one soon™.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Banned
I'v heard, from what I believe to be quite a reliable source, within the graal team, that it has been in the making.

on a side note, I have tried to use Gonstruct, but for some reason I cannot get it to work. It's always a black screen, and even if I place anything down, it just disappears. But then again, I have heard people have had trouble with it too.

Last edited by Ducati_Link; 03-28-2012 at 08:44 AM..
Old 03-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
on a side note, I have tried to use Gonstruct, but for some reason I cannot get it to work. It's always a black screen, and even if I place anything down, it just disappears. But then again, I have heard people have had trouble with it too.
Sounds like you haven't configured tilesets properly or alternatively not set the path to your Graal folder. There is nothing wrong with Gonstruct at all aside from a minor display bug when scrolling in tileset.