Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Same thing happened to me. I fixed it by just using an older Graal folder, can't really remember but I'm pretty sure that's what I did.
If that somehow fixed the problem, it sounds like there's a problem with the current build of the game that the other games didn't have, aka some form of missing data.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
No, the old version or folder is tagged as "good" by the anti-virus checker while the new one not. Kind of like the protection on Mac Mountain Lion, existing apps are running fine but new applications must be signed.

Can you send me a list of processes running on the computer, possibly by forum PM?
Old 11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
If that somehow fixed the problem, it sounds like there's a problem with the current build of the game that the other games didn't have, aka some form of missing data.
Not sure, I don't use anti-virus and it still wasn't working. Could be related to registry settings or something, because I know if you launch the Graal client even without installing it properly, it had its own registry keys (last I checked anyway).
Old 11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Wondering if its this?

Open the Control Panel (Classic View), click on the System icon or
Open the Start Menu, right click on Computer and click Properties.
Click on Advanced system settings. (in upper left green area)
Click on the Continue button in the UAC prompt.
Click on the Settings button under Performance section.
Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab, and select one of the two options below:
- Turn DEP On for Essential Windows Programs and Services Only. This turns on DEP for only the 32 bit system programs and services. This is the default setting. Select this option and go to step 9.
- Turn DEP On for All Programs and Services Except for the Ones you Select. This turns on DEP for every 32 bit program except for the ones that you add to the list. The listed program will have DEP turned off for it. Select this option, then click Add to add the programs (32 bit) that you do not want to use the DEP feature. This opens a file browser. Navigate to the program's .exe file that you want to add to the DEP exclusion list and select it, then click on Open.
Click OK to apply, and restart the computer to apply changes.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
It was Windows 7, but the weird thing was it look liked he more than just AVG as the virus protection. Looked like cheap knock offs, it could be the issue.
I use this if this is what you mean: http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcarepro.html
Old 11-06-2012, 06:05 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreak250 View Post
I use this if this is what you mean: http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcarepro.html
You're running an application that purposely ****s with your registry. No wonder you encounter weird problems like Graal not opening. If possible do a System Restore back to the time it did work and then try running it.

You can achieve the same effects with that program by learning how to disable services and programs on startup using MSConfig, and cleaning out your temp files (which can be done freely by CCleaner) and by using Microsoft's Disk Cleanup.

I would suggest backing up and doing a complete reload of Windows via the Factory Restore options on your laptop if you have them, and if it's installed remove all the OEM-provided software (Decrapifier helps with this) that you don't use or need and then installing only one anti-virus program that offers real-time protection.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Graal Administration
Sometimes such programs can be a bigger problem than what the solve, e.g. Graal is not starting when there is a memory monitor running.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You're running an application that purposely ****s with your registry. No wonder you encounter weird problems like Graal not opening. If possible do a System Restore back to the time it did work and then try running it.

You can achieve the same effects with that program by learning how to disable services and programs on startup using MSConfig, and cleaning out your temp files (which can be done freely by CCleaner) and by using Microsoft's Disk Cleanup.

I would suggest backing up and doing a complete reload of Windows via the Factory Restore options on your laptop if you have them, and if it's installed remove all the OEM-provided software (Decrapifier helps with this) that you don't use or need and then installing only one anti-virus program that offers real-time protection.
Thanks, i'm just gonna try restore it to factory settings
Old 11-07-2012, 02:24 AM
The Bacon Man
BboyEatsbacon will become famous soon enough
If all else fails, you may not have VC++ redist files installed.

I know the error here is from Windows XP, but maybe he is experiencing the same problem on Windows 7?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I would also suggest a complete wipe or restore from your backups. Once you've installed that kind of junk, it's pretty much impossible to completely undo everything it did.