Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
My Era Ideas

Mange and Sales are gone, along with Andy and myself, making this, for the second time in the last months, an extremely inactive staff team.

The biggest issue to be worried about right now is the reset. It's obvious that it still needs to take place as the economy of Era is completely screwed up far beyond repair, especially now that it's been announced for over a year. So how will it be accomplished? The biggest thing that needs to be done is the new systems. Sales and Andy were creating almost everything themselves previously, and now they're both gone. We now have Tig and Crow, and the new tag team needs to fix the Gang System, Business System, no-drop system, the primary/secondary weapon system, as well as finishing all the random systems that Vulcan/Hachi/Andy started, many of which will need to be started over. Tig and Crow should have a main priority of finishing these systems and be given a break on everything else.

Deophite and Tig are both close to ineligible to being Manager. Tig is manager of GK and Deophite is awaiting a PWA position, which is why he was placed as GP Admin on Era to begin with. Both could be temporary managers or temporary admins, however, but a more permanent fix is needed, especially after watching the trends of staff movement. So who's left? The only person left on the staff team who has the ability to move up is Meph. He's active and is now known as a fair administrator, so he would be most likely to move up. Besides that, the only other option is to bring in a non-staff member and get them to work their way up. Either way, a manager is going to be needed and very soon, and I think the recent events should light that up as well. Servers fail when there is no authority, and it's been proven many many times.

The economy of Era, after the reset, should be much better because all methods of duping have been fixed/patched. However, the economy is not 100 percent safe of falling. There will always be people who are willing to spend 24/7 earning virtual money. So how can we fix this problem? My suggestion is to make some of the most lucrative businesses in the game NPC owned. This would take out a lot of the money from the economy. Additionally, quests should have things that are mandatory to buy in order to complete them. If there is a quest that awards +10 hp, then the person should have to buy a universal door key for 1000 dollars in order to enter the first room. Again, this would take out hundreds of thousands of dollars from the server.

With gangs and businesses, many many fixes need to be made. I'd been watching a few as GBA but never had enough information to make some of the necessary moves. BHer is falling and not earning money and needs a new leader, PPA needs a system to operate or needs to be removed, PT needs a new owner because of Amber's inactivity, BB needs a new owner because of noto/BP's combined inactivity, ALS needs a warning because of spikekid's inactivity, though he was never warned before, DD needs to be watched because of prior offenses by Nas, and LC needs a permanent owner, as it is currently being run by Nas and Exolia in order to bring activity back to the gang, and DH needs to be completely overtaken as Omar has been inactive for a very long period of time and they have kind of been forgotten about. Also, on top of that, GRC needs to be converted to the SP system or given a new owner in order to keep it stocked.

Anyone else have ideas on top of this? (this thread doesn't include the whole four-corners gang idea as it's been outlined in about a trillion and three other threads).
Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Very good Amsel,
My question is, we've seen people on Era buy guns low and sell them high, what will make the giant leap from low to high impenetrable?

Could it be possible to make gangs and attribute to the economy? Force them to pay to even get a gang gun, and force them to make replicas of this gang gun AS WELL as stock it (the difference between now and if this were to happen is, they'd have to pay lets 15K + Gang Gun Price = Total Cost).

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 01-02-2009, 08:56 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Both Deophite and Tig both stated that they don't want the manager spot. Therefore, right now I have no clue who is eligible for the spot.

A few key things that I guessed you missed since you were gone a few days.
Noto/BP both quit BB. Sigma is the new leader.
LC right now is doing pretty well. No offence, but I think it's one of the top two gangs currently.
Amber is inactive yes, but she hired a new co-owner.
PPA system is already drawn out, however, we need someone to actually make the system. Andy said he was going to do it, but he quit before hand.
For GRC, players are now allowed to stock the drinks.

I agree with you though. The economy getting reset should be the main focus, and for that to happen they have to focus on the key systems. Tig recently hired new Development staff members. Let's see how this turns out
Old 01-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Quote:
For GRC, players are now allowed to stock the drinks.
Yes, but we don't get paid if we stock them.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

-John Stuart Mill
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
One click stocks 11 of them.. I don't think it's that hard
Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait -- you suggested that businesses should be NPC-owned, yet you are also suggesting that PT and DD need new owners?

Sorry if I misread your post, but that's how it sounded to me.

Everything should be NPC-owned to keep the money as low as possible.

I am quite fond of what you have provided here. Good thoughts.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I know, but if we made it harder we could make the GRC system similar to Speedy Pizza's like he mentioned. There are those materials in the back.

What WOULD be cool is that each drink you MAKE and each drink that is bought that was made by you, you will get the amount of money that bought of the coffee made by you.
Do you understand?

-John Stuart Mill
Old 01-02-2009, 09:23 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
The economy of Era, after the reset, should be much better because all methods of duping have been fixed/patched. However, the economy is not 100 percent safe of falling. There will always be people who are willing to spend 24/7 earning virtual money. So how can we fix this problem? My suggestion is to make some of the most lucrative businesses in the game NPC owned. This would take out a lot of the money from the economy. Additionally, quests should have things that are mandatory to buy in order to complete them. If there is a quest that awards +10 hp, then the person should have to buy a universal door key for 1000 dollars in order to enter the first room. Again, this would take out hundreds of thousands of dollars from the server.
Actually, the way Andy and Sales were planning on releasing the new server there would be even worse problems with the economy. They were proposing that they release all of the new systems at once, sort of like a surprise attack. The chances of there being several economic exploits in a massive release of new system is so high it's almost guaranteed. These plans have been put to rest now though. Instead, new releases will be added before the reset so we have time to test them & patch any security exploitations prior to the reset.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Amber needs fired, she is inactive.

So what if she hired a new co-owner?
He is running the place and she is collecting the cash.

Are you telling me if im GP Admin, and hire a -asst- admin and log on once a month im not going to be fired?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Actually, the way Andy and Sales were planning on releasing the new server there would be even worse problems with the economy. They were proposing that they release all of the new systems at once, sort of like a surprise attack. The chances of there being several economic exploits in a massive release of new system is so high it's almost guaranteed. These plans have been put to rest now though. Instead, new releases will be added before the reset so we have time to test them & patch any security exploitations prior to the reset.
Yeah, I understand, I wasn't suggesting releasing them all at once after the reset, that was just my list of what needs to be done before we reset. I think we should release stuff one at a time before the reset to do bug-control and then reset when everything is finished.

As for other people, lets see:
Squirt: I was unaware about BB switching hands, and being one of the best gangs right now doesn't make LC a good gang. I really think the new BB owner should be given a shot as well as gnome with BH, but a new leader for every gang should be lined up and ready to take the spot soon if needed. And my idea with GRC is, like Gab said, to make it more like Speedy Pizza, or give it a real owner. At least put some sort of use to it, otherwise you might as well just make an infinite stock of coffees and call it a day.

Aldaris: Businesses are a HUGE part of Era. Removing them is out of the question. What isn't out of the question is severely changing them. The ideas that have come up that I liked a lot/sort of altered was the idea of "reputation" in a business that decides your position or having things converted back to the small biz system, and change that to include food businesses. With the small biz system, the largest businesses with the "set prices" that the rest would have to compete with would be npc owned and make the largest portion of the money, however once they go out of stock, they're out of stock for like a month at a time, giving the small bizes a chance to pick up the pace and make their own money. Removing them entirely isn't a good idea.

Gab: I like the gang gun idea, it's been sort of mentioned before, but that's not a bad explanation. With the whole buying low-selling high thing, that's just economics with supply and demand and scarcity, that can't be fixed in the real world yet alone on Era.

Edit: I forgot to say something about Amber. Someone else said it quite nicely though. If she's inactive, she shouldn't own the business regardless of whether or not she has an active co-owner.

Last edited by Spikedude; 01-02-2009 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 01-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Freudian_slip is an unknown quantity at this point
Amber has always been a **** owner and I was going to remove her but Frankie, EC and a few other douch bags cried when I even warned her to shape up and constantly made it ridiculously easy for her to stock her items after I changed it so she atleast had to grab the item a few times as well as actually having to use items to stock her ****. Several staff kept changing the PT stock level without my permission (obviously) so many times where she didnt even have to use minerals at all just to make her stocks high.

Also, when i raised her prices so she wouldn't have to keep up with such a high demand (more demand for an item and the less supply she can make, OBVIOUSLY the prices need raised) she whined she wasn't going to make as much so again I was stepped over by other staff and someone set the prices back.

Basically one of the main reasons I quit being the Gang/Business Admin is just immaturity of Amber and the staff team at that time.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I've never EVR seen Amber online lol
Old 01-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Eagle11 is on a distinguished road
They should just make Amsel Manager ;O
Old 01-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
I dont want to make a thread about this so ima post it here, hopefuly it gets fixed.

Als gang gun "FnMark" (SP?) IS pretty over powered.
It has the same clip as BAR, but has a faster reload and better spread then a BAR. it also does 25 damage.

You can now leave the PK arena by saying "leave" Thats pretty lame and makes players run ...
Old 01-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
I like the gang gun idea, it's been sort of mentioned before, but that's not a bad explanation. With the whole buying low-selling high thing, that's just economics with supply and demand and scarcity, that can't be fixed in the real world yet alone on Era.
As far as this goes; I can explain that the main reason for this is as I've suggested before.

Staff are releasing such a low-quantity of these items, that if another player was to want one -- he/she would be required to pay 20x the amount that it costed to begin with.

A prime example is the PBP. I believe it originally sold for $60,000, and now it's selling in the millions. This, along with the WW2 guns and other shotguns have helped increase the price on MANY things.

As other things are concerned, gangs need to be changed as a whole. I don't know how to utterly explain this, but walking into a gang-base and claiming that as a 'raid' mixed in with a few battles just doesn't seem appealing to me.