Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
it's gonna be like that gang from old era called the syndicate or whatever. the leader called for a gang meeting and then broke out the news that the gang was getting removed, and then everyone in the room was killed with explosives. i wasn't in the gang, but one of my friends was in it and he told me what happened.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
This "free access before closing" thing also happened with Star Wars Galaxies. :o
But yeah, The only similarities Iera and Era from PC have are the tileset and the name, otherwise it's a completely different game.
Edit: Oh they have guns, I guess that too, but so does Atrius (Aeon did as well) so I don't really count that.

Last edited by shrimps; 06-07-2014 at 12:14 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
But yeah, The only similarities Iera and Era from PC have are the tileset and the name, otherwise it's a completely different game.
the same can also be said of the other main mobile server

unfortunately stefan seems to have this stubborn delusion that pc and mobile servers are exactly the same whereas unixmads stance is one where he wont allow "similar" content to co-exist
Old 06-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Well I know if Iera replaces PC Era, I wouldn't be switching. But that's just me, don't know about other players.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
iEra is just so limited in comparison. You can only have so many controls on a smart phone. Graal PC will always offer something the mobile platforms can't; especially the ease of development.

I think Graal would be well off if they sold their game as an educational platform to schools with computer science programs. Sell it in a way that the school can rent a server through Graalonline, and they get some sort of "Development Education Package" with scripting documentation, instructions on using graaleditor/graalshop, a link to pixlr.com, and a list of "suggested exercises." I bet a lot of modern highschools and colleges would be interested in it as a method of getting people interested in video game development.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
I enjoy playing era, but if it were to reset it would be a great chance to find a game with a larger playerbase or just quit playing videogames
Old 06-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
iEra is just so limited in comparison. You can only have so many controls on a smart phone. Graal PC will always offer something the mobile platforms can't; especially the ease of development.

I think Graal would be well off if they sold their game as an educational platform to schools with computer science programs. Sell it in a way that the school can rent a server through Graalonline, and they get some sort of "Development Education Package" with scripting documentation, instructions on using graaleditor/graalshop, a link to pixlr.com, and a list of "suggested exercises." I bet a lot of modern highschools and colleges would be interested in it as a method of getting people interested in video game development.
This is a great idea. Too bad Stefan is deaf when it comes to marketing or new initiatives
Old 06-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
Too bad Stefan is deaf when it comes to marketing or new initiatives
like mobile and facebook?

i think hes just deaf when it comes to ideas that either arent his own or would benefit graal developers more strongly than its owners
Old 06-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Era since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
like mobile and facebook?

i think hes just deaf when it comes to ideas that either arent his own or would benefit graal developers more strongly than its owners
that's creating a new game for new platforms, it has nothing to do with the promotion of the existing games (which have more potential the new games he created)
Old 06-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
that's creating a new game for new platforms, it has nothing to do with the promotion of the existing games (which have more potential the new games he created)
while i do agree this is not a form of promoting an existing game, in his own mind they are exactly the same
Old 06-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
I fear our community may not make it much better, as any cross-platform Valikorlia would be precisely the same (totally empty, ha ha! but seriously), and we would probably be fine with being weaned off of the desktop client entirely assuming the RC tools remained the same.