FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
give me a TLDR plz
Old 06-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I think Koho still thinks it's about money. But he doesn't realize that the same amount of money would be spent whether you're able to load 9999 ammo or 999999 ammo in your gun, because ammo would cost the same, and people would still need to buy the same amount as they always would because their ammo consumption rate won't have changed (or may even increase).
The only difference is in which quantities people would buy them (1000 boxes instead of 100), and how frequently (once a week, instead of twice a day).

Like Rogue said, it's all about convenience. Nothing to do with money, or with how much ammo people use.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I think Koho still thinks it's about money. But he doesn't realize that the same amount of money would be spent whether you're able to load 9999 ammo or 999999 ammo in your gun, because ammo would cost the same, and people would still need to buy the same amount as they always would because their ammo consumption rate won't have changed (or may even increase).
The only difference is in which quantities people would buy them (1000 boxes instead of 100), and how frequently (once a week, instead of twice a day).

Like Rogue said, it's all about convenience. Nothing to do with money, or with how much ammo people use.
A part of it is about money and another part is what Amsel said.

Ammo costs the same but then you would need to buy more. Increasing the amount you spend.

Unlimited ammo. You just spam all day because well.. unlimited.

Quote:
But this is not true. It's been this way before and people didn't do that, why would they start now.

1000 boxes a week would cost. $8000. That's a massive increase from $3000.

With more people buying ammo reduces the amount stocked in stores. Increasing the amount of work and employees created. Increasing employment.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:13 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
1000 boxes a week would cost. $8000. That's a massive increase from $3000.
We weren't talking about unlimited, Eclipse asked to have the 9999 max limit raised to meet a similar convenience that unlimited ammo provided.

And who would use 100,000 ammo in a week..?
Hell I probably used barely 3000 ammo a week, I just logged on for events and popped my potions/unlim ammo so I didn't have to worry about it; and it worked for all my guns (I switched between a Rifle, Uzi, Ak, Shotgun, Flak, even Stungun sometimes... having to individually monitor all these ammo sources is a huge hassle).

For you and your math, that's $240 worth of ammo.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
(I switched between a Rifle, Uzi, Ak, Shotgun, Flak, even Stungun sometimes... having to individually monitor all these ammo sources is a huge hassle).
That actually brings up a good point. What about an ammo box, call it "Assorted Ammo" or something, that gives you 100 ammo for all of your guns per box. It could cost the same as if you had bought them all individually, just be like 400% more convenient.

(and maybe add in a part in the script for it to handle ammo overflow by changing the overflowing ammo that it would have added to a different kind, maybe whichever ammo you have the least of.
like if you have 9999 AK ammo, 7845 Uzi ammo, 8756 Shotgun ammo, and 4583 Uzi ammo, it would take the 100 AK bullets it would have added and change it to Uzi.
And maybe give less of more costly ammo and more of cheaper ammo.)