Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Another Gang Idea

This is a sort of "Gang idea" from Hector. I like it, at the end I wrote a "Too Long; didn't read" with my own opinions on it and changes I'd make as well as a summary, or you can just read the whole thing. To take place after the reset.

"Ok, you know how Era's new Gmap will be the four corners right? Each corner has its own gang and it can be captured into a new gang, and they get privledges in their area, blah blah blah.

I say, screw that. Well kinda. Each corner has its own.. lets say, Organization. As in.. in one Corner, there could be the Mafia Section, in another, A police, in another, MAYBE another mafia section... like 2 mafias against each other, and another with another Group i'm still thinking about.

Well anyway, instead of having a gang rule that area, Its the organiziation itself. There is a leader, or Don of each group. You ask him for missions, you complete them and get reputation with that group, the higher rep you have, the more privledges you get.

Say you do a mission, you help out the Don's boy in prison by sneaking in, go back, you get 100 dollars and 5 percent reputation. You can only do 1 mission every 2 hours so they don't have 50 people being at 100 percent rep on the first day. The higher rep you get, say... 25 percent? You get access to the hat shop, witch has 3-4 Hats that are related to the group. For the mafia, it would be some kind of fedoras. You can purchase and wear any of the hats and they cannot be traded.

The organization also will rule their area and will have Houses around their in witch people in that group can purchase or rent. Also they will have a real modern theme as in.. in the Police area, there will be donut shops, in Mafia type areas... maybe coffee shops?

You can switch groups by simply doing missions/quests for the other group but you cannot use anything you gotten from the other group as in you must have a certain rep to use that item.

I say they balance out every single gun they have now that are like 5mil. The reason is because when people hit a certain ammount of rep they can purchase and use a certain one of the groups guns, I say around 3-4 guns per group so it isn't boring with only 1 gun, the guns aren't random. They should be related to the group, as in the Mafia group I'd say Tommy Gun, Morano Thompson, PPSH41, and Shipka seeing they were all part of a Mafia/Mobster gang.

As goes for gangs, there still will be gangs, they just don't control anything. They get a base, and protect it. Simple as that. They get no gang gun so people can't buy it, then get kicked out and lose their money.

They also need to make a system for the groups as in.. Mafia(s) can take hits on people for money, police can protect people, ect ect for more different groups jobs.

I also think that the group can take up as many members as it want. There is no tag for it. Just the reputation you make of it. For police group, I'd say the guns would be Glock M4, M16, and M3 or an unbreakable night stick.

Also to add that when you have more reputation with the group, you get discounts on stores and such like ammo stores, food stores, car dealers, ect ect. The guns should be nerfed to were everything is even and people aren't joining groups cause of the guns they want but because of the theme. I think this will bring more role play to Era and will give alot more player count.

Each group has its own Missions to do for health, as in for police, catch some robbers and stop a huge blow out crime that could cause deaths to millions of npc citizens. For the Mafia, they have to break into jail and help the Don's son every time he asks, and eventually break him out. It won't be as easy as the todays quest were people go through an hour of killing random NPCs and getting some keys to get health. Not sure for the other 2 groups yet. Maybe some kind of Ninja Group with Katana, Bamboo Bow, Bamboo stick, and ninja stars but I don't think that would work out very great.

This is an idea in brain storming and can be changed please give me feed back and don't just take this idea and ignore me about it.

I'd also like to add that players shouldn't be notified by the group or staff about how they can earn guns from the gun store from the group because they will just want to join a group for a certain gun.
-Swift/hector"

The basic idea is that there would be 4 or so organizations that run quests, which accomplishes the idea of quests that we have. By completing quests for this gang, people get more and more accepted to the gang. I don't like calling it "rep" but maybe each quest gives you a new benefit from the gang. At a certain level, you get things like gang guns or locker access or something cool like that, maybe different hats...
My own idea on top of this would be that each organization would have one themed gang. The person with the highest level of acceptance would be given control of the gang and be able to give tags to people who have a certain acceptance as well. By doing missions to another organization, your acceptance for the current one goes slowly down, so you can only have a total acceptance of 100 percent at all times. You could have 25 percent to all 4 organizations, but then you couldn't own all 4 gang guns, for example.
Maybe each organization could own x number of "small bizes" as well. Thus working Gangs and Businesses together.
Just an idea, I think it could be worked into a pretty cool one.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I like the idea overall, I support it

Though I think it'll require a lot of development work.

Mexican mafia ftw.

More gang themed ideas:

A hippie organisation that promotes peace. And runs a important ilegal business lol.

A acuatic gang that focuses on Everything realated to the sea. Like the beach... Ship fights maybe? Etc.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Okay, I think I understand what this is saying -- but it's kind of confusing. It looks like you've taken a LOT of what is already being worked on and/or discussed and just reworded it a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
"Ok, you know how Era's new Gmap will be the four corners right? Each corner has its own gang and it can be captured into a new gang, and they get privledges in their area, blah blah blah.

I say, screw that. Well kinda. Each corner has its own.. lets say, Organization. As in.. in one Corner, there could be the Mafia Section, in another, A police, in another, MAYBE another mafia section... like 2 mafias against each other, and another with another Group i'm still thinking about.
So you're saying screw the idea, but use it anyways? That is EXACTLY what was already proposed and is being worked on. Currently there's an asian section, an industrial section, and a mafia section -- we're still thinking about the 4th corner (leaning towards military-esque).

Quote:
Well anyway, instead of having a gang rule that area, Its the organiziation itself. There is a leader, or Don of each group. You ask him for missions, you complete them and get reputation with that group, the higher rep you have, the more privledges you get.
If I understand correctly, it sounds like having an "organization" and a gang in a particular area is kind of redundant. With the current plan, each corner will be heavily themed with a gang, businesses, quests (even though I hate calling them that), etc all revolving around that theme.

Quote:
Say you do a mission, you help out the Don's boy in prison by sneaking in, go back, you get 100 dollars and 5 percent reputation. You can only do 1 mission every 2 hours so they don't have 50 people being at 100 percent rep on the first day. The higher rep you get, say... 25 percent? You get access to the hat shop, witch has 3-4 Hats that are related to the group. For the mafia, it would be some kind of fedoras. You can purchase and wear any of the hats and they cannot be traded.
See Demisis' thread on quests. You won't get "rep" but they work very similar.

Quote:
The organization also will rule their area and will have Houses around their in witch people in that group can purchase or rent. Also they will have a real modern theme as in.. in the Police area, there will be donut shops, in Mafia type areas... maybe coffee shops?
See above.

Quote:
You can switch groups by simply doing missions/quests for the other group but you cannot use anything you gotten from the other group as in you must have a certain rep to use that item.
I don't like the idea of limiting what players can and can't do in this way.

Quote:
I say they balance out every single gun they have now that are like 5mil. The reason is because when people hit a certain ammount of rep they can purchase and use a certain one of the groups guns, I say around 3-4 guns per group so it isn't boring with only 1 gun, the guns aren't random. They should be related to the group, as in the Mafia group I'd say Tommy Gun, Morano Thompson, PPSH41, and Shipka seeing they were all part of a Mafia/Mobster gang.
As discussed in several other threads, guns are being completely rebalanced for after the reset.

Quote:
As goes for gangs, there still will be gangs, they just don't control anything. They get a base, and protect it. Simple as that. They get no gang gun so people can't buy it, then get kicked out and lose their money.
Gangs are a HUGE part of what Era is all about. The only reason I (and others I have talked to) played the damn game for so long was to try to move up the ladder in gangs (and businesses depending on which your prefer). Gang guns are already being taken out of the economy by introducing the "gun rack". See other thread for more info.

Quote:
They also need to make a system for the groups as in.. Mafia(s) can take hits on people for money, police can protect people, ect ect for more different groups jobs.
Bounty Hunter. After the reset it will most-likely be public for anyone to take hits and located in the "mafia" corner.

Quote:
Also to add that when you have more reputation with the group, you get discounts on stores and such like ammo stores, food stores, car dealers, ect ect. The guns should be nerfed to were everything is even and people aren't joining groups cause of the guns they want but because of the theme. I think this will bring more role play to Era and will give alot more player count.
This is similar to how it is going to work. By joinining a gang in a certain area, you gain benefits in that area's businesses etc. You already mentioned guns.

Quote:
Each group has its own Missions to do for health, as in for police, catch some robbers and stop a huge blow out crime that could cause deaths to millions of npc citizens. For the Mafia, they have to break into jail and help the Don's son every time he asks, and eventually break him out. It won't be as easy as the todays quest were people go through an hour of killing random NPCs and getting some keys to get health. Not sure for the other 2 groups yet. Maybe some kind of Ninja Group with Katana, Bamboo Bow, Bamboo stick, and ninja stars but I don't think that would work out very great.
See Demisis' thread on quests. We are already working on quests that will work in a similar fashion.

First, I think you need to organize your thoughts a little more. Overall, a lot of it is either identical or very similar to things that have previously been suggested or are currently being worked on. The idea of "organizations" and "rep" sounds good, but when it comes down to it, making everything revolve around those things will hurt gameplay. Players need variety, and options...doing this would limit what they can do.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Sales, I think the main thing surrounding this idea is making quests and loyalty more important to gangs, since everything revolves around 4 different themes and you get more benefits in all aspects of the game based on that loyalty. I just think the current gang system could adapt a few of these ideas, not saying to use this verbatim.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:21 AM
xFuture is on a distinguished road
Nice idea, lots of reading tough
Old 12-09-2008, 02:26 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
like I said for sale's idea, it sounds good here, but once implemented it probably won't be too hott.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
I like it I actually think it would work and I like the idea better, maybe the gangs that are still there could be like subsidarys (aka crews or Regimes) of the area they are in I mean anyone could still earn rep for the gang in the area but like the gang base would be styled after the area..I probably am not talking to straight right now im about to rip my computer to shreds because theres a pop up problem that still pops up with blocks on and when set to work offline, I get like 200 an hour im ready to kill it

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.