Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Arch_Angel - Image thread

So I always wanted to be more active in this image thread, to help get better in some of the stuff I design. And also to see what most people think or have to say about my work.

So I'll start my own image thread and see how this works out. To start off, I'm having a touch time deciding which style of tiles I want to play with next. Here's the 2 styles of brick I'm deciding over. One is a simple style, just cartoony-ish. Other is more texture into it, and could be worked with to be less repetitive and colors could be better but meh.

also, just having a little fun.. Probably won't finish this, plus its way too large for ingame. Its about a full level wide

Last edited by Arch_Angel; 07-10-2011 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: thnx dusty
Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Use imgur, or attachments
Old 07-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Quick Level NPC-images

update of the simple bricks. Pretty easy and low-defining style. Bland if you ask me, but I had fun playing with them. Will probably add some more in the near future.

If any server wishes to use anything I post in the future, forum PM me, and we can discuss if its being used, or will eventually be thrown in free tiles section, or can be dedicated to your server if you need some GFX help. I know I'm not the best, but I also know I'm better than nothing. So, feel free to swing a PM.

edit:

more

just base walls and roof - this building has a SoG/Vesporia style. Roof is very very lightly transparent. If you look closely you can see my guy in there. And the plan is for it to go to about a .5 alpha with the lighteffect script when player walks under it.

and lastly for this post - semi-trans'd overpass thingy, along with some various tile work with tiles posted above. and fountain posted in free tiles section with its animation cap'd. blahblahblah

Last edited by Arch_Angel; 07-11-2011 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: more
Old 07-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned
ThomV is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks pretty good . Not sure why Era doesn't step up their game and hire people such as yourself.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Very impressive work!! Greatjob
Old 07-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I like your work, but do not like your color choices at all. Everything always seems too dark.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Banned
ThomV is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Everything always seems too dark.
Reduced the contrast & increased the brightness. Seems very usable.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Good stuff like usual, but I agree with you always making stuff too dark. Bad monitor configuration?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Playing with a couple tiles today. Mesh was goofin with the poles, don't mind that ugly pattern of them on walkway. But ya, just experimenting with possible new OSL designs on a small outside/inside gMap (3x2 levels)

and here's the majority of the tiles I used in that screeny that i made today

and lastly, I know this isn't much yet. It only took me roughly ~10mins to make I'd say. But I do play on adding more detail to it, and finishing it. Could look pretty cool in the end, and I would make it so it could be repeated as NPC-images to extend it to more than one length that you see there.