Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 05:24 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
This is why your system will suck, because "Pking is just hitting arrows and reloading"
It's not even my system nor my idea, this system manages gangs through captains and drafts.

Quote:
When was the last time you raided, owned a gang, pked for more than 3 minutes. You were NEVER a good pker or even relevant in eras past, yet you are going to cal the shots
I've been calling the shots for a while now, not every little change I make is advertised. I don't have to PK everyday to know what players will enjoy.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Most good developers are no good at PKing because they played era from the beginning to make new things, and not to raid bases. We get most of our ideas ultimately from players, and try to put things together in a way that's fun. But players have such contradictory ideas about everything. Most of the time, it stops being about appealing to all players with each idea, and more about giving each player something to enjoy.

---- (dashes like rogue uses to separate sections of his posts cause that's cool) ----

I think we're too quick to ditch the current system. Everyone seems to want to, but other than a few minor problems that we could work through, the system functions really well. A lot of ideas were suggested that would require little to no development work (IE different incentives, fewer gangs, higher gang caps, owning bases, having limited gang guns or having to purchase them, etc), but rather than giving any of these things a shot, everyone got totally gung-ho over this drafts system. Once the drafts system does go in, we will lose all of the current gangs (which would make it hell of a lot harder to revert to a 3 or 4 standing gang system, or a system where people have ownership over their gang base, etc).

To be honest, most of the people I was talking to about 2 weeks ago said there was almost nothing at all wrong with the gang system. They all had ideas to how they would make it better, but nobody had a distaste for it until they heard we were considering developing a new one. Merc hasn't even been much of a superpower recently in comparison to the other top gangs.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
---- (dashes like rogue uses to separate sections of his posts cause that's cool) ----

I think we're too quick to ditch the current system.

(which would make it hell of a lot harder to revert to a 3 or 4 standing gang system, or a system where people have ownership over their gang base, etc).

Merc hasn't even been much of a superpower recently in comparison to the other top gangs.

-----

The system has been around for half a year in it's current state, and prior to that was used on two other occasions for similar durations since it was made. I'm not usually one to quickly throw away things that work fine (ie. the ongoing fight over the inventory).. hell, Wil and I even helped Alfonso through almost the entire creation of this current system.

But switching back and forth 3/4 times always for a similar reason (stagnation, gang stacking, etc.) lead me to this idea originally. The goal was something that is always fresh. The built-in win or go home reward structure on a short enough time-frame will allow every single player their chance should they be able to reach high enough to grab it. Everyone wanted to lead their own gang, but we only wanted 4 gangs so... here's both in a model that would virtually last forever given applicable participation/sign-ups.

I have no idea if it will work. I have a 100% assurance that at least 1+ people will fight against it till the end of time. But what the hell, you never know until you try it.
-----

Last I checked, you just right click in the gang SQL and type in a gang name/leader to create them. I also believe you can just store/copy the information currently populating this page in some sort of way (there's already one backup 'gangs' page).
-----

Maybe. I haven't played more than a hour these past 2 weeks and I still got my 10 free EC. Events were also cancelled once, or maybe even both of these weeks? I don't remember.

Edit:
Quote:
hasn't even been much of a superpower recently
http://imgur.com/1P6FpST
http://imgur.com/A7M0H7A

I believe I deleted a few of them, IIRC we've lost 4 gang weeks in 6 months (we are #1 this week ending in 2 hrs). A week for BB being formed, a week for RoD being formed, and some inactivity/rest ykno? This is blatant domination given half our roster slots are generally in-actives. With 12? 15? there was 28 gangs at one point... this should not happen. I can see a gang stringing together a couple weeks of activity, maybe a month... but since the system was changed back before JEM quit -- we simply haven't lost.

@Whoever wants to keep the current system: This is all you're getting; losses.

Last edited by Supaman771; 05-25-2014 at 06:28 PM..
Old 05-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaman771 View Post
:d:d
-----

the system has been around for half a year in it's current state, and prior to that was used on two other occasions for similar durations since it was made. I'm not usually one to quickly throw away things that work fine (ie. The ongoing fight over the inventory).. Hell, wil and i even helped alfonso through almost the entire creation of this current system.

But switching back and forth 3/4 times always for a similar reason (stagnation, gang stacking, etc.) lead me to this idea originally. The goal was something that is always fresh. The built-in win or go home reward structure on a short enough time-frame will allow every single player their chance should they be able to reach high enough to grab it. Everyone wanted to lead their own gang, but we only wanted 4 gangs so... Here's both in a model that would virtually last forever given applicable participation/sign-ups.

I have no idea if it will work. I have a 100% assurance that at least 1+ people will fight against it till the end of time. But what the hell, you never know until you try it.
-----

last i checked, you just right click in the gang sql and type in a gang name/leader to create them. I also believe you can just store/copy the information currently populating this page in some sort of way (there's already one backup 'gangs' page).
-----

maybe. I haven't played more than a hour these past 2 weeks and i still got my 10 free ec. Events were also cancelled once, or maybe even both of these weeks? I don't remember.

edit:
http://imgur.com/1p6fpst
http://imgur.com/a7m0h7a

i believe i deleted a few of them, iirc we've lost 4 gang weeks in 6 months (we are #1 this week ending in 2 hrs). A week for bb being formed, a week for rod being formed, and some inactivity/rest ykno? This is blatant domination given half our roster slots are generally in-actives. With 12? 15? There was 28 gangs at one point... This should not happen. I can see a gang stringing together a couple weeks of activity, maybe a month... But since the system was changed back before jem quit -- we simply haven't lost.

@whoever wants to keep the current system: This is all you're getting; losses.
+1
Old 05-27-2014, 11:18 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
+1
Did the images delete again?
Imgur keeps crashing lately.

I attach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	topgang.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	55656   Click image for larger version