Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Laggers

Gang bases should have lag limits. If your over 375MS lag then GTFO aka Angla
Old 05-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I did this at one point, while it was hilarious it's unfair to prevent certain players from things, even if they have unfair advantages.

I'd like to see something like another idea I threw out, where bullet damage can scale up percentages when you hit players who are within certain lag thresh-holds. If someone has double the limit, they'd take double the damage from your bullet for example. (700ms is utterly ridiculous, you'd probably not even be able to move at this point)
-----

Anyway yeah, this is the only game I know of where cheating/having a bad connection is advantageous or rewarded.

I say cheating cause some cases are blatantly obvious. For example, Dusk lives 15 miles away from me and in recent days has been playing with double my ping. Angla's lag is blatantly controlled as well; if there is a limit for spar, 300 to play? He will be 290 without jitter. Go to a raid without limits? He won't drop under 600, ever.

I tried a bunch of things the other day to modify my ping. And something as simple as downloading a game on steam gave me a constant 360 ping I could control by changing the priority of Steam in task manager. After setting it to low I was 310-320 effectively for the duration of the download. Which allowed me to win a handful of events with about 20% effort. (I would sit in a corner and let people tie with me... I always won the tie due to this delay) Borrowing a 25 damage gun like most of these laggers only made this range of 'tie' wider for every bullet. They seem to be professionals at this lagging.
-----

Overall, this is on Stefan's end though. While there's a handful of these professional laggers, most of us have had increased pings every-time the server has been changed.

Last edited by Supaman771; 05-16-2014 at 06:35 PM..
Old 05-17-2014, 12:31 AM
Ramsfan is on a distinguished road
I don't think having a bad connection is advantageous.
People just have a hard time accepting the fact they lost a fight after hitting someone one-hundred times on their screen
Old 05-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
i don't really know how lag on era works. i know that there are different types of lag on era. there is lag that gives the person lagging an advantage and there is lag that gives the person lagging a disadvantage. actually, the former might be something called delay. but isn't that some type of lag too? what about when other people see that one person getting hit one hundred times too? i know some people are good regardless of lag, e.g., wil and corey, but perhaps lag can also give the person lagging an advantage when it comes to spars and whatnot. i live in california and have a decent connection, so i constantly have one of the best connections on era. when i used AOL to play era back in 2002 though, i had delay. i was able to get into bases without breaking down doors because the levels didn't load right away. i actually got banned on the zone for a while because someone thought i was using a program that gave me god mode or something.

anyways, i agree with some of what rams said. too many people use lag as an excuse as to why they lost. can't win them all; sometimes you just lose to someone better. fact of the matter is that the servers are so bad, that pretty much everyone lags.

Last edited by Zongui; 05-18-2014 at 09:16 AM..
Old 05-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
i don't really know how lag on era works. i know that there are different types of lag on era. there is lag that gives the person lagging an advantage and there is lag that gives the person lagging a disadvantage. actually, the former might be something called delay. but isn't that some type of lag too? what about when other people see that one person getting hit one hundred times too? i know some people are good regardless of lag, e.g., wil and corey, but perhaps lag can also give the person lagging an advantage when it comes to spars and whatnot. i live in california and have a decent connection, so i constantly have one of the best connections on era. when i used AOL to play era back in 2002 though, i had delay. i was able to get into bases without breaking down doors because the levels didn't load right away. i actually got banned on the zone for a while because someone thought i was using a program that gave me god mode or something.

anyways, i agree with some of what rams said. too many people use lag as an excuse as to why they lost. can't win them all; sometimes you just lose to someone better. fact of the matter is that the servers are so bad, that pretty much everyone lags.
When your trying to fight and it looks like a shitty stop-motion film, it gets pretty annoying
Old 05-19-2014, 01:39 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
true
Old 05-20-2014, 01:11 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Gang bases should have lag limits. If your over 375MS lag then GTFO aka Angla
What greatly annoys me is the fact that almost all players who do NOT experience lag for some reason think it is an advantage. You delay just as bad on my screen as I do for you.

The only difference between the two is; We (The laggers) have learnt to play with the lag, we have learnt to predict movement at all times and play 1-5 tile(s) ahead, if we didn't have lag I would go ahead and say we would be on ontop of the top tier since most of us already are in the top 10.

I'm not attempting to toot my own horn or anyone elses but thats my view.

We have learnt to deal with it over the years and years of playing, you lag for us, we lag for you, it's the same thing, it's just we constantly play at the same rate but you face people who lag and don't lag so the styles are completely different and cause you to be thrown in a spiral of panic.

I know that I have been caught in positions where I have screamed "WOW IF I WASN'T LAGGING!!!" and then I have been caught in positions where I have screamed "OMG I LOVE LAG"

In all honesty we're handicapped, regardless of your view, it's the truth. We have just learnt to make our handicap look like an advantage.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:55 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
This must be the first thread to complain about laggers
Old 05-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
This must be the first thread to complain about laggers
u r stopid
Old 05-22-2014, 07:13 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Lagging is unfair, thats why I quit. Didnt feel right stomping everybody so easily all the time.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Anyway yeah, this is the only game I know of where cheating/having a bad connection is advantageous or rewarded.
You apparently missed out on the laming by modem tapping in halo 1. It was probably some of the most fun I've ever had on xbox.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:01 PM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
rofl. just put a lag limit on everything already. it's already in spar, and events, why not in bases? Next thing you know, you have to be under 300 to even walk out of unstick me...

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 05-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb_P2P View Post
rofl. just put a lag limit on everything already. it's already in spar, and events, why not in bases? Next thing you know, you have to be under 300 to even walk out of unstick me...
sounds good to me and my NOT Walmart modem
Old 05-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
lag gives no advantage at all. you actually have a disadvantage since you can get owned with melee weapons and can't melee for ****.

you americans should consider that having 150ms in the US is like having 300ms in Europe more or less when you're talking about quality of the internet connection. the problem is with the servers not the players since my average lag used to be 160-200 and now it's over 250
Old 05-24-2014, 01:11 PM
you sir are a piece of **** ^