Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2014, 07:19 PM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Gang system suggestion

The system we have now even has really tailed off from what gangs used to be.... All raiding takes place at one base, and gangs really have no base to defend in general. The system is flawed.

Before we implement the idea of this draft, I would like to offer one last suggestion. As new of a system as drafting gangs is, it kills what gangs have always been on Era.

1. Re-establish a more classic gang system: Yes, I know the classic gang system was changed, but with adjustments made to the system, it can be a good change. I am not necessarily sold on the number of gangs (either 3 or 4 along with Era Police) with 15, 18, or 20 man caps per gang. Give the gangs their own base back as well.

2. Either make an island for gangs where their bases are all close to each other to PK or put all bases the same distance from unstick. I think the island idea would be a nice fix, but putting bases next to unstick could work as well. This way there is not raiding at one base only.

3. Punish gangs for not defending their base. If a gang is not defending their base, punish the gang in ways similar to rewarding gangs for holding bases (reduced bullet damage, higher chance of bleeding, melee does more damage, etc.) to give gangs a reason to defend their base.

4. This might be the most controversial part of the system: Eliminate gun racks, and re-introduce gang guns as an item, and untaglock them. Bringing back the gang shop with the ability to buy the gang weapon at a high price (not necessarily set, but thinking in the range of what you would pay for a tier 3: 600-900k). This would give players in the gang an incentive to be active and raid, and stay loyal to the gang they are in. It also makes the leaders be careful of who they give their gun to. This idea still probably needs some work, but I do think it would make things much more enjoyable.

This is simply a suggestion. I think it can be a good way to increase gang activity, because of the incentives provided to players for playing.

The draft system would kill what a gang really is. It just turns into party PKing for the most part, and who you pk with changing every week. That is not what gangs have been.

Feel free to offer feedback on this. I just wanted to put this out there before we were sold on this system.