Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
Now, if the job of a classic manager is to bring in the dev team each week and check on their progress towards goals X, Y, and Z....then we need a new manager b/c storm hasn't done that.
I would give that job to the Dev Admin... in my view on how things go down, the manager communicates with the admins to make sure everything is running fine, if there is a problem relating to the bureaucracy of the server, he should handle it. Nothing else. The fact that Storm lends a hand and occasionally makes stuff isn't a handicap it is a perk. Everyone likes to assume him as the owner of a playermade world, which he isn't he is the manager of an existing server...
Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
A basic business model on a server would work out well if people were being paid to do their jobs; Managers could targets for different team leaders, who then go on and set targets to their subordinates in order to achieve the target set by the manager. It sounds basic and it sounds fair, but in reality nobody gets paid at all, so where is the motivation to work like that?
Old 03-07-2009, 04:50 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
There isn't one. The idea of being motivated to make a server better b/c you use the stuff you dev...it doesn't really work out b/c they're working more than playing. Or at least they should be.

@ zip. But if the dev admin isn't working the team towards a goal that solves the servers problems, the only person with the ability to fix that is the manager.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Cetellic is on a distinguished road
Taking cheap shots at storm isn't going to help anything. I can understand why everyone is at his neck but you have to realize his position. We can find much better ways to solve these issues then "Manager waves his wand and says bye bye to all problems" anyway.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
The fact anyone can even say Storm has been doing a decent job sounds appalling. Classic has been deteriorating for years from what I hav eseen, and was just about getting worse than ever. I'm not sure who there is to blame for Classic's stagnation but obviously some people still think he's doing a job.

The Staff team is already slow as it is, so yes, Storm is doing a bad job atm. Dev Team has very little developers who even stay on task. (Quite Frankly, I haven't seen one other person than Thor and WD making something as a team rather than their own ****.). DC has been doing a great job with GC Dev lately when he came back. Ranger is keeping FAQ team in line. GC team can manage, and Half the GP team makes an average log in of 2 minutes per week.

@Clel: It's not that we want to take cheap shots at Storm. We want a manager who can actually MANAGE. If he can even keep all the staff teams in check, then that would be fine too. But he hasn't. This server won't see much progress if we don't either make it apparent that Storm needs to get off his ass and start getting more active, or that we just need a new manager who can brief the server on a good basis.

Storm hasn't done much of anything that we all suggested was of a manager.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Personal views on each division?

GP is in a fine place, could be a couple more, but thats a double edged sword.
Stryker should fire the blatantly inactive ones though.(Eillen?)

FAQ is doing extremely well, I like where its headed, I like where Ranger is taking it, and I'm saying that on a basis of being the previous FAQ Admin back when they did a lot more. He has a lot of good guys under him(FAQs helping off tag!)

GC is declining heavily.
Night is becoming less active(dont really blame him)
Ticket economy has exploded and become awful.
Events participation has gotten even worse, probably due to the above reason.
So GC has basically turned into 2.5 active GCs who are CTF junkies because they have to, noone else wants to play anything else, because theres no ticket incentive any longer.
I'm working on it, but its an uphill battle.
Also needs to do some firing though.

Dev Team intially was doing well, but I see them starting to wear down.
It's an overwhelming task they have at hand, so I can see where its coming from. As long as Thor keeps trying at 100%, things will get better, but if Thor loses his motivation, I honestly don't know who else is remotely qualified compared to him.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint

Last edited by DarkCloud_PK; 03-07-2009 at 08:46 AM..
Old 03-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I can agree with DC here.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
GP is in a fine place, could be a couple more, but thats a double edged sword.
Stryker should fire the blatantly inactive ones though.(Eillen?)
I attempted to reset GP times today to really see where everyone is at. I suppose the command was changed since it wasn't working at all.

The GPs do need to be more active. I've told the ones I've seen that. The ones I haven't seen, well, I hope they're reading this.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:43 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Don't really need times to see the clearly inactive ones to be honest.

StrykerTFFD
Mighty,
Deophite18
ILENplanes7

EclipsedAngel
02illusionco
Crimson2005

i bolded the inactive ones, obviously.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
Don't really need times to see the clearly inactive ones to be honest.
Maybe, but I need to see everyone's level of activity.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
►Point Man◄
Terazel Tenjin is on a distinguished road
I can agree with Stryker here.

Fearless Leader of the Squirtle Squad Initiative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Once again I flipflopped
Old 03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD View Post
I attempted to reset GP times today to really see where everyone is at. I suppose the command was changed since it wasn't working at all.

The GPs do need to be more active. I've told the ones I've seen that. The ones I haven't seen, well, I hope they're reading this.
Not sure why the development team changed a perfectly working stafftime system...
Old 03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
So either you think it is a democratic nation, and your proof is terrible, or your rebuttal is irrelevant to my statement and shouldn't have a "but". I simply stated that mystic's analogy is wrong.
No, neither. My point is that yes- Graal is run by a corporation. However, the way they handle things is very atypical to the way almost every other corporation does. They have a history of listening to players in certain situations, and disregarding them in others. It's hit or miss as far as that goes. What I'm trying to say is if you look at the bigger picture decision wise there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to the decision making process. So to say that player input is futile no matter what is wrong- it might make a huge difference, might not- there's no telling
Old 03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I can agree with Terazel here.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
I can agree with Joshie here.
Closed Thread