Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 04:36 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
There are many ideas that have been proposed. Businesses need to be reintroduced to classic, and that doesnt take scripting an economy. I'm not going to take credit for the idea to bring this back as it was someone else, but things like the old Pizza Team need to be brought back. Social activities that the players can have fun with.

We need interconnected businesses and server events (note, not just GC events but server 'happenings') that involve players beyond the use of scripted NPCs and fighting. Social activities that tap into these player run businesses and groups.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:23 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
^Agreed. But really, innovative ideas need to be introduced. Bringing back old things won't make things much better in my opinion.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-06-2009, 05:58 AM
►Point Man◄
Terazel Tenjin is on a distinguished road
Though the forum population is most probably an inaccurate gauge to sample the actual server population, the support for DC to take up the Manager position on Classic is obvious. If that's what the people want and he has the potential as well as the skills to improve the state of the server, then why not let him take the helm?

Even though I no longer access the server, word through the grapevine is that he listens to player demands and acts accordingly in that regard. That should be qualification enough, especially seeing how the server degraded drastically over the years under the "current" Manager.

My two cents as an observer is that eventually people that still hold faith to the server have to realize that the server in and of itself, regardless of the current content, is the great potential resource that needs to be utilized. If the slate needs to be cleaned, why not? It's far too late into failure to try to bring old things back. As mentioned, new things need to be introduced (or at least old ideas reintroduced as new ones) and innovation needs to be encouraged and brought to life.

Fearless Leader of the Squirtle Squad Initiative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Once again I flipflopped
Old 03-06-2009, 06:42 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
^Agreed. But really, innovative ideas need to be introduced. Bringing back old things won't make things much better in my opinion.
Agreed, it's just that Pizza Team was a good example of the style of community gaming I was referring too.

Management should be seperate from LAT. You don't have a project manager in any corporation or business focusing only on programming- they delegate responsibility and meet actual deadlines.

Results drive success rather than the way you get there. We need to focus on bringing GOALS rather than BEHAVIORS. Someone scripting stuff and making a lot of levels is great, but thats just part of the way to get there, it doesnt bring the culminating end result.

I would bring as manager IDP and IPA's (Individual Development Plans and Individual Performance Assessments) to the staff that focus on quality results. This is the way to get things done. These reviews would be public access. I also recognize that these are volunteer positions and I will insure incentive will be there to produce for the community with valid recognition for efforts that bring positive results.

Listen, I know some of you may not like me due to my character in game- but if any of you have any experience with corporate business you understand that there is a strong difference between developing a professional rapport with someone rather than a personal one.

Like I've been saying- I can drive results on this server. You basically have two choices right now. You can choose a manager who is going to be scripting and making levels the entire time, neglecting 'management' duties, or you can choose someone with actual management EXPERIENCE and CAPABILITY such as myself. I've shown you I have an actual plan to manage and retain staff and I can bring players (new and old) to the server. Thanks for reading.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:24 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
I think it's funny that anyone is even acting as if the position for manager is available. Pointing out why you think you'd be appropriate isn't going to make the PWA team any more likely to remove Storm. You're doing nothing but boasting.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:32 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
no one asked you for your opinion freddie
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-06-2009, 07:41 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
I think it's funny that anyone is even acting as if the position for manager is available. Pointing out why you think you'd be appropriate isn't going to make the PWA team any more likely to remove Storm. You're doing nothing but boasting.
I don't see what this has to do with PWA team as this is Classic not a playerworld server
Old 03-06-2009, 07:43 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOA--Paul View Post
I don't see what this has to do with PWA team as this is Classic not a playerworld server
Who else is going to remove Storm? If you honestly think he'd leave on his own, I think you need to try talking to him yourself.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The PWA were given some level of power over Classic not too long ago, though it mostly started with just Bell being the one with any sway.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Quote:
Yeah, this guy would definitely be a great candidate for Manager.
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 03-06-2009, 07:48 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD View Post
The PWA were given some level of power over Classic not too long ago, though is mostly started with just Bell being the one with any sway.
Oh makes sense I guess, but the name doesn't match now. It should just be "Server Administration"

And I dont really have anything against Master Storm, but I feel that he'd be better able to contribute in a head scripter form or something. I think most players want some management to lead the teams on the server as a whole. Management needs to be something responsible for the basic running of the server as a whole, rather than just levels development. It's more of an ADMINISTRATIVE job rather than a TECHNICAL one (or rather it needs to be made such)

Honestly the reason things are like they are and HAVE BEEN under every manager is because they try to lead from that technical position rather than administrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
Yeah, this guy would definitely be a great candidate for Manager.
I don't see how that relates to my ability to administrate and lead a team? I don't need to know the 'latest drama' of a misnamed team in order to help lead a team to success. Servers aren't run by being on top of drama. Like I said I want to bring IDP's and IPA's to the staff and LEAD the team to success. Let's get back in this for the better of the server rather than grandstanding for internet fame and other useless things. There needs to be some sort of accountability as far as production goes. I will institute cycle times that need to be met for projects and I guarantee results.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
Storm 4 Manager.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
Storm 4 Manager.
TURN AND FACE THE STRANGE C-C-C-CHANGES

Time may change us, but we can't change time.

Post related.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Rak makes a good case, but ranger has a point. The manager position is currently filled, and last time I checked we don't hold elections every four years.

Do we need a new manager? Possibly. Are we going to get one in the near future? Not likely, unless someone with major authority decides to make a move.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
This thread was dedicated to the current manager's inability to get things moving foward, and also to discuss potential new replacements for Storm hence NEW MANAGER. Nobody said Storm was being removed, but we all assume his time is near end.

Last time I recall, it shouldn't be who the PWA wants as manager in all honesty. That's like saying the people can't vote for president. I'm quite surprised Storm isn't removed yet since we as players don't want him to manage Classic anymore. Manager isn't a popularity contest, but when everyone doesn't want you to be manager because you simply do a poor job, then you probably should quit. We as the players payed for this game, and we as the players should have a better majority in saying who we don't want as our manager. Storm hasn't gotten that yet though.

I think Rak is right on the ballpark with what Classic needs, and how the manager should get it done. There

@Gladius: Your pessimistic attitude is seriously aggravating to read at the slightest. Develop your own point of view or something. Also, stop using 100 rhetorical questions in your posts that you answer yourself.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Closed Thread