Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Yes, Unixmad said because it's basically a list of all Graal accounts nearly.
I think there was also something said about spamming members, probably through emails.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-25-2009, 01:05 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I think there was also something said about spamming members, probably through emails.
I dunno, I post on a forum containining over 157,000 members and the members list is public there. Naturally the member's list should be disabled for non-members.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Yeah, there are loads of bots out there that harvest vBulletin member lists and send emails to them.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Yeah, there are loads of bots out there that harvest vBulletin member lists and send emails to them.
That's what I thought
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Every single member is easily accessible on Google, why wouldn't bots be able to use the same method? It's not as though our e-mails are public either.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Every single member is easily accessible on Google, why wouldn't bots be able to use the same method? It's not as though our e-mails are public either.
Was thinking the same thing. I'm not even sure how bots work but wouldn't you be able to "lock" them out by making the memberlist only accessible by forum members?

Last edited by Darlene159; 11-25-2009 at 04:09 AM.. Reason: removed reply to deleted post
Old 11-25-2009, 04:10 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Was thinking the same thing. I'm not even sure how bots work but wouldn't you be able to "lock" them out by making the memberlist only accessible by forum members?
Yea, that's possible, whether or not they decide to do so is another story.