Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-24-2009, 10:10 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As I must say so myself, the head above the player looks rather "lacking".
It seems to be a problem with the Graal Client.

Quote:
He was comparing Zenox's fighting system to Zodiacs in the sense that all you're doing is running around pressing S to swing a sword and kill monsters.
The sense of Zenox isn't only the fighting system...
You only see that and not the other things that are not comparable to other servers. The only thing you guys are doing is to look for similarities...
Old 10-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
It seems to be a problem with the Graal Client.

The sense of Zenox isn't only the fighting system...
You only see that and not the other things that are not comparable to other servers. The only thing you guys are doing is to look for similarities...
That would probably be because all we can SEE is similarities.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Quote:
That would probably be because all we can SEE is similarities.
Examples?

Differences:
  • global and local fighting systems (area and player specific)
  • weapons
  • baddies
  • quests
  • levels
  • inventory (server-side and also client-side)
  • mining system
  • shop/item system
  • partying
  • guild system
  • player kill / baddie kill system
-> no similarities

Depends on the point of view...
Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Examples?

Differences:
  • global and local fighting systems (area and player specific)
  • weapons
  • baddies
  • quests
  • levels
  • inventory (server-side and also client-side)
  • mining system
  • shop/item system
  • partying
  • guild system
  • player kill / baddie kill system
-> no similarities

Depends on the point of view...
Uh we (Zodiac) have all of those unless you're referring to specific differences in those systems.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Uh we (Zodiac) have all of those unless you're referring to specific differences in those systems.
As I said: depends on the point of view

And if, how are the differences between GK, Zodiac, Unholy, Zenox and all the other classic servers?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
As I said: depends on the point of view

And if, how are the differences between GK, Zodiac, Unholy, Zenox and all the other classic servers?
Because they are all built differently. Some revolving around different aspects.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:30 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Awesome review, thanks.

A+++++++ reviewer
this.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 10-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Veteranspy is an unknown quantity at this point
I think your review on Graal Ghetto was lacking the effort needed to look into a server. Sure they only have those colors, but thats because it is a GHETTO. Its supposed to be kind of dark and dreary, walk down a sidewalk one day could be mugged. The next, possibly killed. So think about that before hitting on the tiles. But the other things (pumpkins, webs, and trees I do agree. They were stolen by two staff who should of never been hired, trying to talk shadow into fixing that.)
*edit* Also to change from the scroll over nickname style to the one thats on all the other graal servers, you press n and go to options. Then in there you click interface. And there you have it. You can change the name stuff. Should ask around before jumping to conclusions that that is the only thing you can do.

To be reasonable is impractical. To be unreasonable is being above the rest. To reason with another is death, to get rid of them and tell them no is quite the best for generations. Don't be reasonable, ever. Its improbable to help you in the future. To be unreasonable, makes you solid in stance and ready to fight all you might. Keep it up!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:49 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteranspy View Post
I think your review on Graal Ghetto was lacking the effort needed to look into a server. Sure they only have those colors, but thats because it is a GHETTO. Its supposed to be kind of dark and dreary, walk down a sidewalk one day could be mugged. The next, possibly killed. So think about that before hitting on the tiles. But the other things (pumpkins, webs, and trees I do agree. They were stolen by two staff who should of never been hired, trying to talk shadow into fixing that.)
Ghettos != gray. Dark and dreary != gray, dangerous != gray. There is a pattern here, I think.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Ghettos != gray. Dark and dreary != gray, dangerous != gray. There is a pattern here, I think.
Not really quite like that, blame Mesh_P2P for all the similarities. Unfortunately for the LATs, he didn't add color to it. Its rather annoying. But still, its supposed to be shady and dark. You can't walk around a ghetto and hope to see every corner and know "Oh there is a mugger right in this alley. Let me avoid him!" So really, its tiles are decent for me to say in the least. Its not perfect, but its good enough for now. (Until Mesh gets intelligent enough to add some kind of umph to it which I hope he will soon...)

To be reasonable is impractical. To be unreasonable is being above the rest. To reason with another is death, to get rid of them and tell them no is quite the best for generations. Don't be reasonable, ever. Its improbable to help you in the future. To be unreasonable, makes you solid in stance and ready to fight all you might. Keep it up!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Old 10-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Not really quite like that, blame Mesh_P2P for all the similarities. Unfortunately for the LATs, he didn't add color to it. Its rather annoying. But still, its supposed to be shady and dark. You can't walk around a ghetto and hope to see every corner and know "Oh there is a mugger right in this alley. Let me avoid him!" So really, its tiles are decent for me to say in the least. Its not perfect, but its good enough for now. (Until Mesh gets intelligent enough to add some kind of umph to it which I hope he will soon...)
The point is, is that gray does not portray those things you want. There are better ways to convey a style of dark and shady without even using gray. You need to set up an atmosphere to do so, not just use gray. Use desaturated colors if you need to, but even so it comes from a combination of colors, lighting, atmosphere, design, concept. Were references even used?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
The point is, is that gray does not portray those things you want. There are better ways to convey a style of dark and shady without even using gray. You need to set up an atmosphere to do so, not just use gray. Use desaturated colors if you need to, but even so it comes from a combination of colors, lighting, atmosphere, design, concept. Were references even used?
For the original Graal Ghetto, yes. For the current, no. Mesh decided he wanted it that way, which is bothersome. The new tileset is rather tricky to work with in the way that it is made specifically just for Mesh. He wanted one he liked, and didn't care about quality. But Shadow is always like "Yea omg that works I will rock with that!" so there is no kind of quality assurance.

*edit - Should you like more information I'm sure that Alfonso would be glad to help. Preferably to him, probably not. I don't work there, I just like to use an Online Editor on there. But on this subject, I'm sure only on a few topics. Others I am incapable of answering to the fullest content, sorry :S.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
*edit* Also to change from the scroll over nickname style to the one thats on all the other graal servers, you press n and go to options. Then in there you click interface. And there you have it. You can change the name stuff. Should ask around before jumping to conclusions that that is the only thing you can do.
Shadow won't fix graal ghetto, Infact he is one of the problems...
Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Rusty Bedsprings
Rice2k will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rice2k Send a message via MSN to Rice2k
I do love graal ghetto pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOd View Post
did anyone else see "Cubical killed rice2k with lightning (spar)" flooding the right side of the screen yesterday? You killed the poor guy like 5 times a second