Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 04:00 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Give trials more freedom like they used to have. Bring some of the old stuff that made it great back.

--New--
-Maybe add a new vehicle like a truck on Ircia? (Only 1 in a random location with a turret on its top?) Maybe noobs will like shooting people with the turret?

-Maybe remove bunker planet? (If possible) Why keep it if no one plays it. Try and keep a low number of planets that people play. Ex: Koth, Spar, Ircia, DM and the Events Planet for the newbies.

-Putting in more achievements/medals? I mean when I was getting medals it was kinda fun.

-A more squad based/team based Ircia? Maybe each Ircia team can be divided into 3-4 squads. When you die and go in the portal, if you have teammates still alive you could respawn in their location to help them out?

-When you run out of ammo with a weapon you could press P and punch people? Lol I think that'd be funny. Punches should do 15 damage. It'd be hilarious to watch.

-Maybe for each team, 1 member is chosen at that particular round to be the leader. This "leader" can make himself invulnerable for 4 seconds (He can't move though) if he's getting damaged and waiting for backup. The "leader" can only do this once every round. Once a team wins a new leader (for each time, of course) will be chosen randomly again to use it again ONCE (Per round)

-Make the roll make your energy go down. You don't have any kind of cool armour on that will make you stronger. Your a human in clothes in Zone in a futuristic time. Rolling should make your player tired, thus making your energy go down.

-Capturing a base. Most bases, you will just stand on top of it and capture it. In base 1, however, because there is a bunker, you should have to go into the bunker and destroy some kind of computer device kind of object by shooting it. It has some health so you have to destroy it. Once you destroy the computers controlling the base as one team, the guy on top captures the base. Once they capture the base another team must come in and destroy the computer device and then go on top and re-capture it.

-Maybe putting turrets on Ircia that don't shoot lasers would be okay. Like they shot bullets like a chaingun, the same speed, just less bullets so its fair. And while you turn the turret it slows down its gun fire and has to be powered up again.

-Add a new kind of thing to get in the Zone-Money shop to get. TNT! Players can buy TNT (Only holding 1 at a time and they have to come back to buy another after they use their first) . They take their TNT out on the icy land of Ircia and plant the TNT. The TNT has the same explosion as a mortar but you can carry it while being any class. You just press D and it plants down on the ground and it has a time limit. Its almost like a proxmine. If someone steps on it, it'll explode. It can be seen like a proxmine from a speed bike.

-Put mini map back!

Last edited by scooter123; 05-24-2010 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add something?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:13 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
Give trials more freedom like they used to have. Bring some of the old stuff that made it great back.
Quote:
--New--
-Maybe add a new vehicle like a truck on Ircia? (Only 1 in a random location with a turret on its top?) Maybe noobs will like shooting people with the turret?
Depends on how much health it has.

Quote:
-Maybe remove bunker planet? (If possible) Why keep it if no one plays it. Try and keep a low number of planets that people play. Ex: Koth, Spar, Ircia, DM and the Events Planet for the newbies.
People only play Koth and DM if events going on. So by your logic, they should be removed? No. Improved? Yes.

Quote:
-Putting in more achievements/medals? I mean when I was getting medals it was kinda fun.
Agreed.

Quote:
-A more squad based/team based Ircia? Maybe each Ircia team can be divided into 3-4 squads. When you die and go in the portal, if you have teammates still alive you could respawn in their location to help them out?
Other words, you want iricia to be like Battlefied?

Quote:
-When you run out of ammo with a weapon you could press P and punch people? Lol I think that'd be funny. Punches should do 15 damage. It'd be hilarious to watch.
Hotkeys fixes this problem (Should be removed...)

Quote:
-Maybe for each team, 1 member is chosen at that particular round to be the leader. This "leader" can make himself invulnerable for 4 seconds (He can't move though) if he's getting damaged and waiting for backup. The "leader" can only do this once every round. Once a team wins a new leader (for each time, of course) will be chosen randomly again to use it again ONCE (Per round)
Sounds alot like Armor Lock in Reach.

Quote:
-Maybe make the whole "combatknife" even better to use? A player could either stab with his combatknife or chose to "Throw it". Throw the knife in all directions. Would be fun seeing people "throwing knives in spar or Ircia.
You know you can already throw the knife in any direction?

Quote:
-Make the roll make your energy go down. You don't have any kind of cool armour on that will make you stronger. Your a human in clothes in Zone in a futuristic time. Rolling should make your player tired, thus making your energy go down.
Agreed.

Quote:
-Capturing a base. Most bases, you will just stand on top of it and capture it. In base 1, however, because there is a bunker, you should have to go into the bunker and destroy some kind of computer device kind of object by shooting it. It has some health so you have to destroy it. Once you destroy the computers controlling the base as one team, the guy on top captures the base. Once they capture the base another team must come in and destroy the computer device and then go on top and re-capture it.
Depends on how much health the computer device have.

Quote:
-Maybe putting turrets on Ircia that don't shoot lasers would be okay. Like they shot bullets like a chaingun, the same speed, just less bullets so its fair. And while you turn the turret it slows down its gun fire and has to be powered up again.
Put this in the iricia bases, shoot the enemy team automatically. 100 Damage. Prevent base laming.

Quote:
-Add a new kind of thing to get in the Zone-Money shop to get. TNT! Players can buy TNT (Only holding 1 at a time and they have to come back to buy another after they use their first) . They take their TNT out on the icy land of Ircia and plant the TNT. The TNT has the same explosion as a mortar but you can carry it while being any class. You just press D and it plants down on the ground and it has a time limit. Its almost like a proxmine. If someone steps on it, it'll explode. It can be seen like a proxmine from a speed bike.
No, if you're facing a team of Dutchies, it'll be over for the other team.

Quote:
-Put mini map back!
Do this.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:27 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:

--New--
all ideas except invulnerability idea
I agree, these are excellent ideas. It would be interesting if TNT could make traps in the ground (Pit of death, ankle injuries from rough ground (Speed reduction), lava flows revealed to possibly change the map (That'd be a bit far fetched)). These types of ideas in a group update could be a wonderful breath of fresh air. I'm not sure on the minimap.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't have enough developers and no administrative support.
Wait.. Isn't this supposed to be the part where the GDT comes flying in on white stallions?

Change the GFX and name of the Gravity Hammer.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:25 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Wait.. Isn't this supposed to be the part where the GDT comes flying in on white stallions?
If they are ever going to help a server it should be the golden ones.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:30 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If a server is known to be low quality, it shouldn't be a gold server.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
They're for playerworlds, I don't want them on a Gold servers. They cannot develop anything but trouble.

Quote:
I like the idea of team vehicles, which I think is already mostly developed as "Super Bikes"... but I have a lot of doubt in legacy content quality.
Quote:
Achievement definitely need to be improved and I'm pretty confident it would be a focus in core revisions... but we're not at that point yet.
Quote:
Bases need to be refocused as a central part of the gameplay, although I don't think this is the right solution right now. Additionally, I don't think it's the "first move" we should make - maybe later on.
Quote:
-Add a new kind of thing to get in the Zone-Money shop to get. TNT! Players can buy TNT
That's a similar line of thought to my initial suggestion of sticky grenades. I think we need something a little bigger than a new weapon, even if it's an effective system revision.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 AM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
They're for playerworlds, I don't want them on a Gold servers. They cannot develop anything but trouble.
I'd rather have something, than nothing.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
I'd rather have something, than nothing.
That's cute, but I'd rather have half of a kick ass project than a full half-assed project. No more discussion off topic, please.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:46 AM
JOK3RZLEADER is on a distinguished road
Umm, can you get rid of that DAMN RED BLOB!? It is extremely annoying because it glitches 24/7. Also there should be an option to toggle the HP bar on/off. I know this has been suggested but I just wanted to repeat it.

Anyways, there were a few neat ideas suggested in this thread and some of them should definitely be implemented (but I honestly do not see this happening anytime soon). Avoid updates like a new planet (Bunker was definitely the biggest flop of ALL TIME, it is a terrible planet). Also avoid useless updates like the spar focus, I doubt anyone uses that thing.

Honestly, if people would just LOG ON to zone, other players would log on as well. People tend to usually log onto servers which their friends are on. (Just saying)
Old 05-24-2010, 01:53 AM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOK3RZLEADER View Post
Umm, can you get rid of that DAMN RED BLOB!? It is extremely annoying because it glitches 24/7. Also there should be an option to toggle the HP bar on/off. I know this has been suggested but I just wanted to repeat it.
Get rid of all of this.

Here's another idea to support trials to become gold.

People who have gold get early access into stuff. (Atleast a week before trials.)

Last edited by Shadow5596321; 05-24-2010 at 03:21 AM.. Reason: SN QQs hard.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 AM
"Sneaky"
alexrox222 is on a distinguished road
Don't be so lazy people...

C: \Program Files\Graal\Levels\Images lies the HP bars. Open one, colour it in with transparency. Copy the one you changed, and paste it over each of the HP bar stages.

Same goes for the Menstruational blob.

As pertaining to small/large updates... we need a large update to achieve playercountness. We need small updates to keep the playercountness playing as playercount.

We need a point to play the game. Why would we play, anyways? I wouldn't like to see Zone go down the road of a non skill based game, but there needs to be some kinda of balance. The reason nobody plays is because it's boring.

This isn't going to happen, but if Zone were set back to the V4 times, life would be sweet.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Spirit Crusher
Nasgoroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Nasgoroth
Quote:
I've been waiting for instructions from on high; Stefan. Not anymore.
He's not around to give you instructions because he is busy developing the next client. When v6 is out he should have a lot more involvement if you bug him enough