Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should the Irician Spawns be Returned to Their Former Glory?
Yes, they should be 5 38.46%
No, they are fine the way they are 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 07:26 AM
"Sneaky"
alexrox222 is on a distinguished road
Base Laming

I've seen updates that seem to me like attempts to get players back on the server such as rolling, the new HP/Energy display, and other things that aren't at the top of my head. The one that really jumped at me was the new Iricia spawns. Not only can you pick a base to spawn at (provided your team owns that base), but you spawn at a random location on the map if you are spawning at your home base. Now, I whole heartedly agree that this going to almost remove base laming entirely, but I for one enjoyed base laming in a way. I think the reason Iricia was so popular was the fact that you could get right into the action because of one single spawn point, on the opposite side of the map. Now with the new updates, you have to run about the map looking for players to kill. Maybe, if we had more players, this spawn system would be appropriate, as you would still be able to find players to prey on. Since we have so little active players, maybe we could compensate by changing it back to the way it was, where your bunker lead to base 1 and you spawned at your home base. And also, in the sense of [sci-fi?] realism I don't think the dropship would go through all that trouble to take you to your favourite little spot on the planet.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
its not much fun for the people who die upon spawning in everytime, then they all start arguing which is less fun, its better like this even tho no1 plays.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:05 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Play the game like you're supposed to, get the bases, and be sure to expect them to go after the bases aswell, so you can fight.
If you want to fight alot, go into spar, or DM.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:58 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrox222 View Post
And also, in the sense of [sci-fi?] realism.
This made me lol

Anyway, I don't see the point of making a thread asking to bring back base laming, about a year ago there was a new thread every week with ideas to stop base laming.

Base laming wasn't even "fun", I don't see how staring at your screen to kill defenseless noobs instantly when they spawn, enjoyable. No challenge at all. There were times I remember seeing 10-20+ players at one base laming that **** outa it. Explain to me why that is fun and I'll change my mind.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:45 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
QQ u took all mai keelz away how dar u try 2 make dis game fair and enjouable 4 every1 dat plays iricia
*cough*

Last edited by pooper200000; 03-07-2010 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Fixed your quote to comply with the forum rules.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:00 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
And also, in the sense of [sci-fi?] realism I don't think the dropship would go through all that trouble to take you to your favourite little spot on the planet.
no offence, but it's a warper, input coordinates and ur done, beam me down scotty, the dropship doesn't really fly around.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:42 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Base laming used to be a legit strat until no one cared about the bases anymore.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
"Sneaky"
As stated in this topic, base laming wasn't that fun anyway. When people played objectively, it wasn't much of a threat to our enjoyment. Maybe, nerf the random spawns and keep the spawns at any base your team owns... that would make things carry on more objectively. And man, I could swear rockects are allowed to be launched from your home base now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
*cough*
Ugh, you're still alive ? BTW, next time try reading forum rules regarding quoting .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
no offence, but it's a warper, input coordinates and ur done, beam me down scotty, the dropship doesn't really fly around.
None taken. I havn't studied the dropship's methods yet ty for enlightening :3.

Last edited by alexrox222; 03-07-2010 at 11:23 PM..
Old 03-09-2010, 04:14 AM
"Sneaky"
I prospose we remove the random spawn, and keep the base selection spawn .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
Base laming wasn't even "fun", I don't see how staring at your screen to kill defenseless noobs instantly when they spawn, enjoyable. No challenge at all. There were times I remember seeing 10-20+ players at one base laming that **** outa it. Explain to me why that is fun and I'll change my mind.
Not even sure why I called it base laming because I'm not really talking about laming the hell out of a spawn with a mortar, I just mean that I like knowing that (If I'm on Storm Riders) left = danger, right = safety. I falso like getting the crap lamed out of me, or holding the S key to kill people :P. I just don't like having to scour the map looking for intelligent [?] life forms.

Last edited by pooper200000; 03-09-2010 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: Reply to deleted post.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 PM
kadaj15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to kadaj15
Im thinking the random spawn is ***. i like starting at home base to warp to b1 if i didnt have a bike or jetpack.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:40 PM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadaj15 View Post
QQ u took all mai keelz away how dar u try 2 make dis game fair and enjouable 4 every1 dat plays iricia
*cough*
Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 PM
"Sneaky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
*cough*
As right as you may be, the spawns sure don't help the playercount.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:37 AM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
*cough*
Old 04-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
One of Zone's big hurdles is that it's not the right product for the attending market.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:41 AM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
One of Zone's big hurdles is that it's not the right product for the attending market.
Throw a one hit weapon in there along with one spawn point, I'm sure you'll get your PC back.