Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Here ya go.
looks awesome

Old 11-26-2009, 08:09 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
I really like the peppermint shield/ ice axe revisions, the peppermint shield ACTUALLY looks like a peppermint shield, and the ice axe looks amazing, much better then before. Makes me wish i owned one after the (hopefully) revision.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:16 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
I love them
Old 11-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Events Admin
Noobie8205 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Noobie8205
new ice shield please that thing might as well be bullet proof it's so thick, nothing about it gives me the image of anything related to ice.

Hearing the music is like seeing the colors of trance and feeling the power of acid

Old 11-27-2009, 04:50 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I couldn't get the actual shield form(depth and shape) to it, but make someone else can take a stab at it:

Meh

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 11-27-2009 at 05:15 AM..
Old 11-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I couldn't get the actual shield form(depth and shape) to it, but make someone else can take a stab at it:

Meh
You have to do all the other views too.

I like the spirals you have going on, but I don't care much for the added edges in the bottom copy, other than the one on the left. The others look too dark. I tried to save you some time by moving your design over to the version I made in order to save you saome time on doing the backside and other views, but the shield looks a tad too large. (It's kind of oblong, too.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie8205 View Post
new ice shield please that thing might as well be bullet proof it's so thick, nothing about it gives me the image of anything related to ice.
You mean Shield of Frost? Or the Hexagon-shaped one?

Last edited by Draenin; 11-27-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Old 11-28-2009, 05:46 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Tig, I know you said you'd probably never replace this, but I did an edit for Frost / Forgotten Frost Shield.

When tested in-game, the paneling on the shield should look somewhat see-through, and icicles run down the framework, as though it were like a window. I tried to stay true to the design for Shield of Frost, while cleaning it up and straightening some of the edges.

Before and after:
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2009, 06:04 AM
Events Admin
Noobie8205 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Noobie8205
I ment the xmas item from years back but that looks good too. I've always pictured the ice shield as a snowflake duno why.

Hearing the music is like seeing the colors of trance and feeling the power of acid

Old 11-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie8205 View Post
I ment the xmas item from years back but that looks good too. I've always pictured the ice shield as a snowflake duno why.
I could imagine 'Ice Shield' like that, but 'Shield of Frost' deserves something better and related to the original idea.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:47 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Tig, I know you said you'd probably never replace this, but I did an edit for Frost / Forgotten Frost Shield.

When tested in-game, the paneling on the shield should look somewhat see-through, and icicles run down the framework, as though it were like a window. I tried to stay true to the design for Shield of Frost, while cleaning it up and straightening some of the edges.

Before and after:
it needs a new graphic but definately not that one
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:01 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
it needs a new graphic but definately not that one
What would you suggest, then?
Old 11-29-2009, 04:17 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Before and after:
Sorry to be rude, but ew man.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Sorry to be rude, but ew man.
Well, it's like that because I wanted to go with the idea the original one had going on. If I were to do one with my own design instead, it would probably look something like this.

(Test shot included.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	demo.png
Views:	497
Size:	909.3 KB
ID:	49933  
Attached Images

Last edited by Draenin; 11-29-2009 at 07:32 AM..
Old 11-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Maybe something like this alternatively? A bit of a rush job and could probably be cleaned up a lot.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2009, 02:58 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Maybe something like this alternatively? A bit of a rush job and could probably be cleaned up a lot.
It's larger than the shield template allows, and you need the other views included.