Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 08:43 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
I remember playing Val for a few weeks and decided to try out Graal Kingdoms. Heard it was Pay to Play and had my parents buy me a subscription (Was like 13 back then). Been on and off Graal Kingdoms for the past like 10 years. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever find a online game that was as personal to this game. I keep looking, but nothing even comes close to having 150 people you were able to specifically view on a player list and ONLY have 150 playing. Not a million and a half and not be able to talk to everybody at once.

Remember when you had to click the server name then the very last person to mass. Man, those were the days...
Old 02-18-2014, 01:20 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
2k1 =2001? lol
Yes, but the server could have been released before 2001 anyway.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
Honestly, I don't think I'll ever find a online game that was as personal as this game.
I think a lot of people feel this way, and that's why graalians tend to defend it like it's their baby and get angry when it's mistreated, but stick around anyway.

I have been around for about 16 years on and off playing this game. I can't mention any other game I would dedicate this much time and effort into.

I know more about Graal, it's history, it's systems and surroundings than any other game. Feels weird thinking about.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
Yes, but the server could have been released before 2001 anyway.
That's when it was project New World.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
That's when it was project New World.
Right, that was never released though.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
5th gen oldbie maybe?

1st gen = remembers pre p2p, when all was free (javagraal+graalv1 era) 1998-2000
2nd gen = remembers when it was free but had p2p servers (v2 era) 2001-2002
3rd gen = remembers when all went p2p and introduction of v3 linux and mac client (v2.3-4 era) 2003-2005
4th gen = remembers when observer mode was added (v5 era) 2006-2008
5th gen = Graal###### acc era 2009+

I might be wrong about the years.

EDIT:
iPhone players that started playing when iClassic came out are calling themselves oldbies now. DO YOU FEEL OLD YET?
I played in 1999 and there were definitely legions of oldbies and newbies even in those days, of course. I mean not only can everyone who played Elven Lands call themselves an oldbie, but ironically our demeanor on the server would have spoken different. That server would make these iphone creeps **** their pants, they couldn't handle something that hardcore. Pure Graal. I would also like to state my opinion now about the decline of Graal. I believe that P2P did not cause the decline but rather clearly started a golden age of possibility. I truly believe that Unholy Nation is the worst server in the history of playerworlds, and is the true haven or melting pot of corruption on the minds of Graal's players, who subsequently become Graal's developers. Very similar to what Sony Playstation did to the console gaming community. This is a personal view but I'm sure some of you will understand my 'shovelware haven' analogy.

I also think Graal would be wise to produce one or two fresh first party developed servers. This would rejuvenate the player population across the board in a very similar way that a new Mario Kart or Zelda game would hype the Nintendo console game market up again.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:27 AM
old school.
Sparkplug will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Sparkplug
Good idea Kamaeru I would definitely play those. I tried the mobile versions of the games and it is just not the same without the community aspect.

And New World looked so good, I liked that art style much more than Kingdom.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:34 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
i don't remember when i started.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:48 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I mean not only can everyone who played Elven Lands call themselves an oldbie
The server where I learned how to change my outfit and discovered the swede-shield.png.

Quote:
truly believe that Unholy Nation is the worst server in the history of playerworlds
UN was the shithole of Graal, it's a shame they tried to take themselves seriously...killed the server off tbh.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:36 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
noobs
Old 03-19-2014, 11:09 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I logged onto Facebook Classic today to check it out. All that happened was that one guy called me a noob, and his argument was that the game "wasn't around in 1999, it came out in 2011".

Old 03-19-2014, 11:19 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I logged onto Facebook Classic today to check it out. All that happened was that one guy called me a noob, and his argument was that the game "wasn't around in 1999, it came out in 2011".

r8 i gpic 1-10 best r8ing gets 2 d8 mi dog
Old 03-20-2014, 03:58 AM
G2k1
I basically owned everyone on the server simply by logging in and appearing onscreen.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
A lot of oldbies on here hello all

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 04-09-2014, 01:39 AM
DraxxTeazok is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DraxxTeazok
I didn't make the list...
That really hurts :'(
Holy cow it's been 16 years? :S