Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Graal on Surface Pro?

So today Microsoft began selling it's Surface Pro tablet. Wondering tho, did anyone buy it? And if so how well does graal run on it? (aside from RC2.exe not liking windows 8).

I really wan't to get one but for $899 and up... that's pricey. I would need to see how it runs the 2 games I play.

Or does anyone plan to get it?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:39 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
I'd wait for a second revision of some sort. As it is, for the $899 one, you lose almost 40gb of advertised storage space out of the box. Really not worth it given its current limitations, IMHO.

Would be interesting to see how it would handle something like Graal though..
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
I think it should "run" perfectly, considering Surface Pro is a ordinary x86-Machine with Desktop support. But I doubt that it will be fun to play it touch controlled, you will likely still need a mouse (and the touchcover).
Old 02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
With the 64GB model, half of the space is used just for windows. So I Definately would need 128 (or to use external hard drive). Since it uses USB, I can use my keyboard/mouse and not need to worry about the smaller sized cover.

I only question how it will run because I havent heard alot of benchmarks on graal with different setups. The one thing that seems to effect my gameplay on other games is my laptop's graphics card. But I see the Pro is a HD 4000, I assume that would be good to play graal. I just gotta wait to hear how well Starcraft 2 will run on it (as HOTS is comming out soon).
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
It will run fine as long as its plugged in our you change the power settings not to throttle anything. O have a computer with worse specs that I use as a Web server that runs graal without any problems.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You will need a real keyboard to play it. I would recommend getting a good laptop instead though because you will need a mouse and a good keyboard and more battery life anyway and possibly a bigger screen, or get an iPad if you just want to play Graal.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Banned
I saw some gameplay of Starcraft 2 and it looked to me a bit laggy, not sure what settings, plus some mouse bugs lol.. I might just wait on surface for now... maybe next year's model will be better.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You will need a real keyboard to play it. I would recommend getting a good laptop instead though because you will need a mouse and a good keyboard and more battery life anyway and possibly a bigger screen, or get an iPad if you just want to play Graal.
Do you know if using HDMI on the Surface shows higher resolutions on bigger displays?

iPad just wouldn't do everything how I would want to do it But yes, I would have thought needing a mouse and keyboard. Problem with alot of laptops is that they struggle to keep up with me and often tend to overheat, even with fans.