Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Too many effects

Old 12-17-2009, 12:02 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
So, when are they releasing a Blackberry App? I know a simple converter for iphone apps to blackberry (touchscreen and track ball/pad)
I really, really doubt that. It would be virtually impossible to do.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Naytria is on a distinguished road
I think that this version of the game is actually pretty fun, indeed. If there's changes made, they should be additions, and not changes to the core part of the game.

To be honest, I enjoy playing this much more than I enjoy playing Graal on PC. Graal on PC is filled with garbage and bad-looking servers (UN, Era, etc), lots of extra stuff that doesn't work, lame things like pause. If a newbie wants to avoid being PKed, he can just go inside... Being PKed isn't that big of a deal, you respawn where you died.

Graal Classic for iPhone is just pure fun, PKing, teaming up/trying not to TK, running around in mobs looking for people, without all the hassle of bad looking playerheads, worthless playerhouses, pause, and other annoyances.

One of the things I like the most is that bombs, arrows, and sword all do .5 hearts damage, which actually makes the bow useful. For close range sword is faster, because there's the delay in the bow so it's really replacing the sword by any means.

This platform fits the iPhone perfectly, as garbage like AP bars, Q-Menus, Pausing, etc would just clutter your screen or add more unnecessary menus. You can still have fun quests, puzzles, and bosses with the same platform there is now and you wouldn't compromise any of the fun.

Being a Graal player from ages ago, this is what I've been looking for. Like when complicated Art-Deco architecture gets to it's detail breaking point and becomes simplified and modern, along with musical forms of Jazz such as bebop becoming fast and overly complicated, Miles Davis comes along and strips it to it's bare minimum.

And hey, guess what? People dig it.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:15 AM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
only bad thing is i lag terribly now that there's 50+ people on
other then that it's pretty fun
Old 12-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Why are swords now disabled in the level outside of the bank and the rest of Graal City? This is stupid now, designated PK areas make it no fun. The whole overworld should be pk.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
The 'nopk' areas arent even nopk...people just pick up signs/bushes to kill players. XD

Just enable swords everywhere....and whats the point of the one baddie outside graal castle?
Its harder than hell to beat, and its just...there. For no reason.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah. Swords should be enabled everywhere outside on the map, and in all dungeons.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Heh, so you've got a server with no quests or even a sparring system, and the only thing to do is PK and you've disabled PKing in the most popular PK spot?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
It is necessary to give new players a chance to orient oneself in the game. They will lose interest if they getting bombed and killed all the time.

I still see Classic as a quest and adventure game. Player killing is as long interesting for the amount of people as they have some victims.
Why "encourage" players to kill players even if they just want to look around or chatting with someone else?
There are PK-Zones for those who like to fight.

iPhone Classic should be an adventure and getting quests step by step.
Don't forget Eurocenter will also earn some money, so they could instead of selling outfits, limit the quests like:
quest 1-3 is Classic Vol. 1
quest 4-6 is Classic vol. 2 and so on.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It is necessary to give new players a chance to orient oneself in the game. They will lose interest if they getting bombed and killed all the time.

I still see Classic as a quest and adventure game. Player killing is as long interesting for the amount of people as they have some victims.
Why "encourage" players to kill players even if they just want to look around or chatting with someone else?
There are PK-Zones for those who like to fight.

iPhone Classic should be an adventure and getting quests step by step.
Don't forget Eurocenter will also earn some money, so they could instead of selling outfits, limit the quests like:
quest 1-3 is Classic Vol. 1
quest 4-6 is Classic vol. 2 and so on.
So what are they going to do to get oriented in the game? ... there's nothing else to do but PK. If they can't even PK(or get PKed) then all they can do is sit around.

I'm all for making the lives of newbies easier. I am a firm believer in less laming and more fun experiences... but dude, level14 is THE PK spot, and Graal city is where everything happens. Make those areas no PK and you may as well not have PK at all. Give players another area to get situated and familiar with.

I'm not even a PKer(and like I said, I hate laming and actually annoyed by PKing) and I can see it wasn't a very wise decision. Just let insides be no-pk.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Overworld should be PK, they can orient themselves if you guys make a newbie training course or something. That's enough orientation to tell them that if they go into the big bad world, they'll have to fight. If they want to be safe they can run inside.

Being killed anyways isn't bad... they just get right up again. It shouldn't be offensive.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:44 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Getting the Graal formula down is not hard, not with more than a decade of experience and history lol (especially when you've got new blood in the mix, at last).
Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
So what are they going to do to get oriented in the game? ... there's nothing else to do but PK. If they can't even PK(or get PKed) then all they can do is sit around.

I'm all for making the lives of newbies easier. I am a firm believer in less laming and more fun experiences... but dude, level14 is THE PK spot, and Graal city is where everything happens. Make those areas no PK and you may as well not have PK at all. Give players another area to get situated and familiar with.

I'm not even a PKer(and like I said, I hate laming and actually annoyed by PKing) and I can see it wasn't a very wise decision. Just let insides be no-pk.
A main problem is right now we have 2 different kind of players: those who are firm with Graal over years and those who are absolutely newbies. I am sure there are also many looking for an adventure game like Zelda and don't expect to get killed all the time.
Is it possible to meld an adventure game ala Zelda with a killing game ala Era?
If it is intended so we need at last a protection modus you can enable to be not able to kill or getting killed, but still able to use weapons on monsters.

Whenever I login with my iPhone a wild mob of players coming and throw bombs, and shot with arrows on me before I even can start to move, because of all the lag.
It reminds me of the old days when lag was the main problem on Graal.
You are right when you say there is nothing else to do, but this is because it was released a little too early without any content.

We can assume what Eurocenter is planning and make improvement suggestions, but much better would be to know what exactly they want to have: a copy of the old Classic adventure or a PK Classic game with some quests.
Really, why do we need always make a mixture of quest game, events game and killing game?
Let's make 3 games so everyone can choose his preferred kind of game.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:36 PM
If people are spamming bombs/arrows, it's already been brought up before that unlimited ammo needs to be ditched.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Stefan should add framerate-dependent movement on all objects in the game..

It's an industry standard now, you know?