Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 10:39 PM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
Zone iPhone - How much is ACTUALLY zone?

I've been wondering for awhile- what about Zone iPhone actually links itself to Zone PC?

I can think of a few things, but for the most part, it's just incorporated many servers into one (Shangri-La, Bomy Island, Skills) and called it Zone iPhone, as it takes place in a futuristic realm. It's ditched the 8-dir weapon system and made it a full 360 degree turning system. If I'm right, didn't Zone PC actually have a 360 degree system once upon a time? Along with click shooting?

The character sprite layout that make Kingdoms and Zone somewhat stand out has been ditched for the oldschool sprites. While some of the enemies have the old zone character layout, I doubt that will last for long.

So, what makes Zone iPhone relevant to Zone PC? Some shared weapon sprites and a map or two with Zone PC tiles? That, to me, doesn't justify the right to reserve the title of "Zone iPhone." Even with the weapon tiles, it still has the ugly and blotchy bullets that are supposedly "lasers."

Codein once said that obviously the direction of Zone PC didn't work, so Zone iPhone would be taking a different direction. If you want to change a server the the point of making it almost unrecognizable to the parent, rename the damn thing.

Why not just take the current Zone PC, remaster it will iOS integration, then re-release for both PC and iOS? It makes no sense whatsoever to release a product that seems to have hierarchy to another product, but carries no relevance beyond one or two aspects.

My point is that if you want to make a server that is formed out of multiple past servers, change the damn name to something unique, rather than just taking a name of one of the servers and slapping it on.

Sorry for being such a negative nancy, it just burdens me to see this being carried out...
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Zone iPhone hardly has any connections to Zone PC.

Zone PC never had 360 degree shooting, it had eight directional. It did have clicking, but had to abide by the same rules as keyboards.

Never knew that, that's just being lazy.

Thank you. iZone shouldn't be called what it is.

Codein doesn't know **** and can't handle talking to players, which is one the reasons he left Zone PC in his short span as manager of Zone PC and left his manager position at iZone. Despite what those idiots will say, Zone PC does work.

Zone PC is being shut down and replaced by the iOS version eventually. When however, is yet to be seen.

iZone shouldn't be what it's called.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Nobody said PC Zone didn't work, or at least i have never heard or said that. The content wasn't up to par hence the player count when it was active. We are still working to expand such features as you've stated.

iPhone maket revenue is grand i'm sure, hence the attention. That should explain alot.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 PM
AGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Nobody said PC Zone didn't work
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
We will be replacing PC Zone with new Zone soon, with new controls. It makes more sense to move forward away from something that obviously isn't working. After all, it has 0 players and has had that many for the past week solid.

You may have preferred PC Zone but the figures do not lie.
Quote:
The content wasn't up to par hence the player count when it was active.
You're telling me that for PC, this isn't a lot of players?

Look at the radar, that's an awful lot of players for a server "with content that isn't up to par," therefore I think we can render your statement as invalid.

Quote:
We are still working to expand such features as you've stated.
What do you mean? I've tried to give iZone another chance to recover in relevance, but all it's done is spun further away.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Führer Glazey
I would also like to point out that Jester has said that Zone PC doesn't work at all too.

and this photo to add to Dylan's evidence.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
BS. Zone never has more than 0 players. Photoshopped
Old 02-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Führer Glazey
Well damn, you caught us in our plan!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 PM
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan View Post
I've been wondering for awhile- what about Zone iPhone actually links itself to Zone PC?

I can think of a few things, but for the most part, it's just incorporated many servers into one (Shangri-La, Bomy Island, Skills) and called it Zone iPhone, as it takes place in a futuristic realm. It's ditched the 8-dir weapon system and made it a full 360 degree turning system. If I'm right, didn't Zone PC actually have a 360 degree system once upon a time? Along with click shooting?

it didnt, click to shoot was just bugged, it was basically 16 directions shooting and unbalanced the game slightly, it was fixed though, i believe.

the zone game play was unique and using the mouse to shoot system as standard means this zone can never possibly feel like pc zone.

not to me anyway.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan View Post
You're telling me that for PC, this isn't a lot of players?

And how old was that screenshot?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
well witkonjin is playing there so its a good 6-7 years old, maybe more
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well if you want to have keyboard movement on touch screen, that just wont work

An online game is always in development and doesn't stay like it is. Zone started with unique characters, then they were replaced with Kingdoms characters, and now with the Classic style characters. We added a lot of content on the Zone iPhone server which was never available on Zone PC.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 PM
AGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well if you want to have keyboard movement on touch screen, that just wont work
Could you not just replace keystrokes with virtual keys?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:23 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
iZone is exactly how Stefan intended it to be.

Essentially iEra with a leveling system and "futuristic" content from other places like your mentioned.

Personally I'm impressed they could find a much worse and harder to read font than the one they used on iEra.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Führer Glazey
Quote:
We're talking about when it was actually a good server.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I miss when zone had 200+ players