Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 02:31 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Why not helping for the new Zone? It will be much more interesting. There will be several things which will also be available later for Era and Classic on iPhone. For the current Zone PC I would expect staff to more focus on events or so, not developing.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Well people on Graal PC still cares about Zone PC....Maybe they are not interested in helping an Iphone Server. Dont know....

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 03-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Why not helping for the new Zone? It will be much more interesting. There will be several things which will also be available later for Era and Classic on iPhone. For the current Zone PC I would expect staff to more focus on events or so, not developing.
Not everyone has an iPhone, myself included. Plus, many people like the idea of playing on something larger than a 960x640 screen. If you give us the opportunity, we can bring ZonePC into the spotlight. At least give us the chance, Stefan.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:52 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
That bolded part seriously pisses me off.

A server SHOULD NEVER BE BASED AROUND EVENTS.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:56 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
A server SHOULD NEVER BE BASED AROUND EVENTS.

But I enjoy playing this

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 PM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
Quote:
For the current Zone PC I would expect staff to more focus on events or so, not developing.
It's almost as if he truly believes that events are going to save Zone. And how do you suggest we get get a playercount for those events anyways?

because rly nobody is going on zod and mass msging ''COME ON ZONE FOR EVENTS PLOX''
Old 03-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Free weapons for everyone!

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
There will be several things which will also be available later for Era and Classic on iPhone
iClassic is getting some guns and hoverboards? WHOOP!!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Führer Glazey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post

But I enjoy playing this
yeah but those don't suck and isn't limited to three events that are spammed 6 hours a day.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 PM
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Events kill the server, they are boring and repetative. you are making 0 money from zone, just let programmer try and fix it up. PC zone was a skill game unlike any other ive played, you dont get it. people dont want to play zone to get more guns or play events, people want to play zone to show skill (or lame).

When zone had players, upgrading to gold basically ment you could show off, save money and exp, earn ranks, buy some simple weapons that dont unbalance the game, ect.

then you changed it so all this was free, and you pay for power, you pay for advantage over other players, which is not what people in zone really wanted, some might have, but it eventually killed zone, and if you make a new izone game with this attitude, when free players are spat on and paying players have temporary boosts, then its likely doomed to fail.

you should really just let the people willing to help you actually help you build a player count, i imagine they have a much better idea of what they could put in gelat shop that would be worth buying without ruining anyones gameplay.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:36 AM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Let them have fun with it, your ideals are absolutely coming from a wrong direction. It shouldn't be "Don't change anything", it should be "have at it, try and make it popular, two sources of income are better than one."
Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
So what will it be Stefan? Will you abandon ZonePC and a potential source of revenue or let us fix it up?

Your choice.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Führer Glazey
Answer: Lol no, iZone will replace Zone PC and it will bring me infinite monies.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Wolfey Xanadu
Wolfey will become famous soon enough
Errr

Didn't Zone iphone epically fail a couple years ago?

For Christs sake; just admit it Stefan, you fail at running Gold Servers...

Give Tig Full 100% Reign on GK ((and tig work on the damn prayers/ spells that are broken as well as other content that you stated you can not do))

Give Tench 100% Reign on Zone ((and Tench fix the hideous piles of crap that the past managers and Stefan have crapped all over the server))

If you want Stefan, if it makes you feel important you can create a rank called "Supper Manager" so you feel important while dev work gets done =/

Tenchry has more ideas in his little finger about PC graal then you do about any graal server at any given time. Just admit your failures and let someone who knows how to get the job done get to work.

Just step aside and let the community get to work like we always do, whats the worse thing that happens you actually make money?

/end rant

Retired Developer
Old 04-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
While I do sympathise Zone's predicament, some of these posts are only worsening the lack of trust towards the community + volunteer developers to oversee money related issues. For Zone to be taken seriously rather than shrugged off, there needs to be a detailed and presentable plan, and input of as much work as humanly possible to back it up with some credence.

Ofcourse this would be difficult under current circumstances, but it's necessary for circumstances to ever be improved.