Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone PC
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Link doesn't work.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:23 PM
MrDunne is on a distinguished road
Zone needs proper direction. The server has been passed down from one manager to the next with varying views on what Zone should be, with much disregard to the core concepts. This involves many features being added, some of which work well with the Zone style and others which feel almost like an afterthought.

Zone needs core purpose and each feature, addition and improvement should be in direct support of that.

I don't think giving up is a good strategy but it may be a little late for that now.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:07 PM
XxTheFlashxX is on a distinguished road
"Without Gold membership, you can only play 5 hours per month." lol? Wow, Stefan... You made us pay for dinner and walk home in the rain.

I'd like to know what's happened since the last post. Been gone a while (never really visited forums hence post count) but logging into graal with no one to shoot added malaise to my boredom. So a brief update on what has happened (after what I've read here) would be appreciated, Thanks.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 AM
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTheFlashxX View Post
"Without Gold membership, you can only play 5 hours per month." lol? Wow, Stefan... You made us pay for dinner and walk home in the rain.
is that a joke? no one plays zone anymore, its hardly worth the time even if it was free now.

stefan should just remove zone and stop butt ****ing it tottaly.

Zone used to be me favourite game and stefans pure greed has ruined it, ****ing jew that man.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:34 AM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
So a brief update on what has happened (after what I've read here) would be appreciated, Thanks.
Nothing happened.
Your welcome.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptarKingOfTheOZone View Post
is that a joke? no one plays zone anymore, its hardly worth the time even if it was free now.
More so awe at it actually existing.

The only thing I can blame Stefan for is when he made it so only gold can use certain classes. Everything else I view as poor staff... unless Stefan made the guns that were overpowered. As to anything that happened after that I can't say since I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormYs View Post
Nothing happened.
Your welcome.
What a shame...
Old 12-13-2011, 02:33 PM
bahamutstevetff
Quote:
More so awe at it actually existing.

The only thing I can blame Stefan for is when he made it so only gold can use certain classes. Everything else I view as poor staff... unless Stefan made the guns that were overpowered. As to anything that happened after that I can't say since I don't know.
he made the gelat shop.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptarKingOfTheOZone View Post
he made the gelat shop.
Only thing wrong with the gelat shop was how it was implemented. I'm just assuming but I don't think Stefan had much to do with the weapons that went into it and you don't even have to remove all of them just tweak some and make them class specific. People complain about EP but if you could be a commando and use EP those complaints would skyrocket.

Granted most were ridiculous or a carbon copy of another weapon + overpowered but that just proves the people that made them either knew little of the game, didn't think about balance, and/or weren't very clever.

And if Stefan did make the guns, he falls into the "not knowing much of the game" since he raaaaarely plays and only for minutes at a time so someone who works for/with him should have questioned them beforehand.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The idea of the gelat shop was to have less things restricted to gold, and add some stuff which can be purchased regardless if you have gold subscription or not.
The iPhone version is close to completion, will be interesting to make it possible to let PC play there sometime.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:49 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
paying for power is never right and the biggest reason why so many of us quit. the iphone audience is a bit more naive so it's ok.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 AM
bahamutstevetff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The idea of the gelat shop was to have less things restricted to gold, and add some stuff which can be purchased regardless if you have gold subscription or not.
The iPhone version is close to completion, will be interesting to make it possible to let PC play there sometime.
zones niche, aside from the "village" feel to the community, was that the game was one of the few games that ran on individual skill.

No amount of time and money could give you an advantage over other players, only skill and luck. Teamwork was a taboo in most cases because zone players worked towards being brilliant at 1v1 encounters, getting killstreaks and bounty and statistics to show off to others.

then the trial changes came, where trials where put at a disadvantage by 20 hp, dosent sound like much but zone relied on these trials to run.

Then gelat shop came, where wallets could give you an advantage in battle. this ruined the uniqueness of zone. The only way to aquire weapons unavailable to other players previously had been to get to 4000 exp (a doddle) and those weapons didnt give much of an advantage anyway aside from maybe jetpack, and events, which just showed that you had partaken in and won a deathmatch that could have had 50-60 people in at some times

then it because that you could just send a text and get stronger weapons in any class. which sucked for zone.

the best idea to remedy this was to remove weapons from gelat shop and have perioud buffs such as exp and bounty gain, but you ignored that.

there are now better games out there that are free to play or at least way more value for money than anything graal has to offer.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You just don't get it, do you?

The gelat shop gives an unfair advantage to players that purchase weapons, and undermines the structure of the game. The opposing players leave, because they don't see the fun in getting constantly annihilated, which causes the players who previously purchased the overpowered weapons to leave also. Is this what you want? Do you want players to pay a sum, and then leave due to boredom? Or do you want them to stay and constantly pay for subscription?

It's your choice, Stefan. I, for one, want my old Zone back and would gladly pay to see it return.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:00 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
You just don't get it, do you?

The gelat shop gives an unfair advantage to players that purchase weapons, and undermines the structure of the game. The opposing players leave, because they don't see the fun in getting constantly annihilated, which causes the players who previously purchased the overpowered weapons to leave also. Is this what you want? Do you want players to pay a sum, and then leave due to boredom? Or do you want them to stay and constantly pay for subscription?

It's your choice, Stefan. I, for one, want my old Zone back and would gladly pay to see it return.
It's all about the money.

I think zone was awesome when it first released. Now i never see more than 4 people log on.

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfKenshin View Post
It's all about the money.

I think zone was awesome when it first released. Now i never see more than 4 people log on.
My point exactly. If Stefan really wanted to make more money, he would authorize us to remove or otherwise improve the Gelat Shop in order to balance gameplay and attract more players.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:10 PM
bahamutstevetff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
My point exactly. If Stefan really wanted to make more money, he would authorize us to remove or otherwise improve the Gelat Shop in order to balance gameplay and attract more players.
lets just hope stefan can get this point in his head, he can make money if he lets go of his pride and admits that this gelat shop, as it is now, is one big , gamebreaking failure and needs changing if zone stands even a slight chance of returning.

Zone cant be bringing in any income right now, surely editing the gelat shop is in his best interest, because even if it brings just 5 customers a month, thats 4-5 more customers zone has currently.