Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2013, 04:28 AM
JohnnyChimpo is on a distinguished road
Staff = line filled

Just bought a server and i was wondering why the staff = line was filled with accounts. Please let me know asap. Thanks
Old 08-02-2013, 04:29 AM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
If you have previously rented a server, that content carries over into your new rental. Is it possible you had staff added last time you purchased a server?

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
As a side-note, I'd really like to be able to have multiple staff lines (purely for organisational purposes) as you have with multiple GMap lines. The staff line gets extremely long and I'd like to be able to sort my team up into departments in their own staff line. Just a thought.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
As a side-note, I'd really like to be able to have multiple staff lines (purely for organisational purposes) as you have with multiple GMap lines. The staff line gets extremely long and I'd like to be able to sort my team up into departments in their own staff line. Just a thought.
^Great Idea :o
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 08-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
^Great Idea :o
I know Delteria's server options would benefit from this, *****.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:13 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Agreed.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
I just add people to the staff=line and then do the following to organize staff and distribute in game rights so i can control both staff that needs RC and ones that do not all from the server options

staff=Cubical,etc
dungeonmaster=Cubical, etc ->highest level rights
gamemaster=randomaccounthere,blah,blah ->second highest
playerrelations=randomaccounthere,blah,blah, -> whatever else
guest=Stefan,etc -> any guest accounts that need basic rights

Then on login I check to see if the account is in the server options and set clientr.isStaff=true and then check to what type of rights to give the player and loop through all the lower rights until i get to the top level of what the player has and add any other flags, wnpcs or classes that the player needs for whatever they are in the serveroptions. Whenever a weapon is added in the staff weapon list after login or the server options is updated it checks and reapplies accordingly.

Anyways just sharing my way of organization
Old 08-02-2013, 05:08 PM
JohnnyChimpo is on a distinguished road
Glad to see this thread sparked some other discussion too

@dylan, i have never rented a server on this account i dont know any of the account names listed under that staff list. My feeling is that it is a left over staff line from the previous owner of the server before it got shut down then reassigned to me. Could this be it?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
I just add people to the staff=line and then do the following to organize staff and distribute in game rights so i can control both staff that needs RC and ones that do not all from the server options

staff=Cubical,etc
dungeonmaster=Cubical, etc ->highest level rights
gamemaster=randomaccounthere,blah,blah ->second highest
playerrelations=randomaccounthere,blah,blah, -> whatever else
guest=Stefan,etc -> any guest accounts that need basic rights

Then on login I check to see if the account is in the server options and set clientr.isStaff=true and then check to what type of rights to give the player and loop through all the lower rights until i get to the top level of what the player has and add any other flags, wnpcs or classes that the player needs for whatever they are in the serveroptions. Whenever a weapon is added in the staff weapon list after login or the server options is updated it checks and reapplies accordingly.

Anyways just sharing my way of organization
I already do something similar to this and it's a great way to organize your staff, but when you're preparing to add somebody or remove somebody, you're going to have to filter through a giant one-line list of staff that could potentially be 20-30 accounts long (which is the case on Delteria).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
@dylan, i have never rented a server on this account i dont know any of the account names listed under that staff list. My feeling is that it is a left over staff line from the previous owner of the server before it got shut down then reassigned to me. Could this be it?
I believe servers are recycled and sometimes old server content remains on your newly rented server from when it was removed from its previous owner. I think others on the forums have had issues like this before.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:18 PM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
Yes, this could be very possible. I believe gservers are wiped before being reassigned, but possibly not. Maybe it was even just a random bug you've stumbled upon.

Check other folders (including the accounts folder) and check if this is the case.

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
Old 08-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
I already do something similar to this and it's a great way to organize your staff, but when you're preparing to add somebody or remove somebody, you're going to have to filter through a giant one-line list of staff that could potentially be 20-30 accounts long (which is the case on Delteria).

I believe servers are recycled and sometimes old server content remains on your newly rented server from when it was removed from its previous owner. I think others on the forums have had issues like this before.
Maybe it's just me but 30 people in your staff= account means it probably just needs to be cleaned out seeing as for most servers thats more than their player base and for the two top classic servers is a little under half.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Maybe it's just me but 30 people in your staff= account means it probably just needs to be cleaned out seeing as for most servers thats more than their player base and for the two top classic servers is a little under half.
Possibly, but that's not the issue here haha. I'm just saying it'd be nice (especially for larger servers with larger staff teams) to have this feature.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
why not have the serveroptions not have automatical break but define it with
NPC Code:
staff=x;

then you could go like
NPC Code:
staff=a
b
c
d;

Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
why not have the serveroptions not have automatical break but define it with
NPC Code:
staff=x;

then you could go like
NPC Code:
staff=a
b
c
d;

that's a terrible idea. if they're going to make it easier then they should either allow multiple staff lines and/or a variable method. I.e.

staff=a,b,c,d
staff=e,f,g,h

staff=$staff_managers,Graal123456
staff_managers=fowlplay4,fp4

I would prefer the variable on Zodiac because I already maintain a list of staff positions similar to how I have it and it makes it easier to reference in script.