Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 04:40 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Not at all, I only recently started playing TF2 again after first trying it when there was no additional weapons and I can easily say that there is a big disadvantage to the original weapons compared to the additional but that's a whole different game and a whole different topic. The weapons are all based off of the original guns and are replaceable not extra-usable. Which is why they are so balanced, you can't use 2 of the same class, e.g 2 ak47s and 1 glock or something of the same, with Frankies class system it would be; 1 ak47, 1 pbp and 1 glock, so if there is any balanced format in TF2 (Which I'm still yet to find from replaying the game) its based off of the principle of only getting to replace guns and not use 2 of the same type.
I'm not talking about the starting guns. Those are the equivalent of an Ak47 or Uzi on Era. I'm talking about the other guns. Those are all pretty much balanced with each other. But yeah, that's a different kind of game.

All I'm saying is you don't have to sacrifice variety.

I do agree, though, that having more realistic gun archetypes would be cool. Like SMGs being fast, innaccurate, and weak, assault rifles being medium fire rate, more accurate, and stronger, etc.
Right now, stats don't line up with how guns are in real life at all. An AK47 should do significantly more damage than an MP5.
But you know how people are. The second you mention the word "realistic", people immediately dismiss whatever you're saying with "lol you dodge bullets and respawn when you die."

One thing that has been a part of shooters for a while now, but has never found its way into Era, is moving at different speeds based on what weapon you're using. Like using an LMG would make you run slower than using an Assault Rifle, and an SMG would make you run faster than using either of those, etc. That would be cool to see and would probably do more to differentiate guns than a lot of other stat changes.

(and just saying, I'd much rather play a 2D TF2 than a 2D CoD or CS:GO. I love class-based shooters because classes add an extra layer of strategy by making you consider the different interclass dynamics. Like you would handle a pyro differently based on if you're a medic, heavy, sniper etc.)

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 12-27-2013 at 05:02 AM..
Old 12-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I have 6 hotkey slots though. 6 gun types please.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:53 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
not going to read all of that but frankie you had a nice idea but a few tweaks.
killing other players would give each player money, we will keep the bounty system except everyone has an automatic $75 bounty on their head, when they kill another player this will increase. in pk events this will be disabled of course sort of like zone which would still be alive today if it hadnt been for players not wanting to pay for the game.

i dont agree with the gun loadout idea, guns should still be purchased just not tradeable only pawnable but the only thing that would be bought is food, ammo, instruments, etc

needing ecs to buy instruments was always a dumb idea anyway..

since guns wont be tradeable or sellable, and the only way to obtain money is through pking, we will see who has the most skill by who has the biggest bounty, wallet, and best weapons. no more grinding those first few weeks unless you want to keep the jobs so people could buy misc items.

just a few thoughts
Old 12-27-2013, 04:03 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I like the idea of bounties increasing with kills, but I feel like that would cause some problems. A) wil would get too much money. B) players would run more to avoid losing their bounty.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
S> Bounty for half the cost.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I like the idea of bounties increasing with kills, but I feel like that would cause some problems. A) wil would get too much money. B) players would run more to avoid losing their bounty.
That first problem is unavoidable if we're talking about moving to a skill-based economy rather than a work-based economy. Wil is always going to get the most money in that case.
I don't really see that as a problem, though. There's always going to be someone making the most money, so why not Wil, rather than Seth? XD
Old 12-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:

too much money cause a problem? noo noo Tim we avoid this problem because money is only used for buying things from NPCs. there will be no trading in the future because we want to base Era solely on skill.

more kills = more money
more money = more items

in order to stop people from running then we will provide no incentive for having a high bounty..well no i take that back highest bounty that day/week will recieve $$+ ec coins if you decide to keep them (btw nitros should be back in EC shop)

another way to stop running would be to make those who are at 7+ killstreaks pkable ANYWHERE. even the hospital, if youre that deadly then youll constantly have to be on guard and No idling except for EC house or gang place or lottery. Yes even in GP or AM you can get whacked.

i like this new idea and it was all impromptu.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:16 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Actually A) was a joke lol. I like the idea.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 PM
GanNing is on a distinguished road
Aye keep that pking stuff outside of AM (unless you got that 5 sec count). Let the players buy ammo in peace.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I'm honestly in-love with the load-out idea Frankie suggested, although I doubt it will ever become a real thing, It would benefit the server a lot more and make it all revolve around PKing, you could add and take away guns from the load outs etc at any time, mess around with different combos of primaries and secondaries.

The only real reason people would be against it is if they have an accumulation of wealth that they don't want to get taken away.

This has been the longest time since Era has been reset, they used to reset the server every year/2 years and now everyone has a ridiculous amount of wealth for no reason because you can't really do anything with 10+ Million that people have.

I think the basis of Era was lost, no one was actually supposed to be able to own every item or have every gun, you were supposed to work up to the best weapon, hence why there is a visible path of weapons to own at each price etc.

My opinion;
Reset
Implement the load-out idea (5 Guns to chose from to put in each slot of 3 hotkeys.
Make novelty items the new rares/thing to get/show off.
If you start losing variety, replace guns with new guns
Make all the guns have unique stats.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:59 AM
a true gentlemen
Stefan would never allow us to reset the server. We've been trying for years.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Stefan would never allow us to reset the server. We've been trying for years.
Well I guess you would have to delete all guns then impliment the system, completely eliminate a reset from the equation.

Last edited by Godzilla; 12-28-2013 at 03:01 PM..
Old 12-28-2013, 04:42 PM
yea load out is pro

hmmm how can we reset the server without actually resetting the server?
we cant implement the system without first making everyone poor because people that have 10+ million would be highly displeased and might quit.

BUT there might be a chance that they wouldnt care, think about it, the people who have that much money are the "elite" and surely wouldnt have a problem racking up a lot of kills in a short amount of time, i see the daily kills reach about 500 a day, that

500 x $75 = $37500/day
on top of that, the gang bounties and juggernaut so players can make $50k a day.
yea gonna have to nerf that
Old 12-28-2013, 06:52 PM
a true gentlemen
Tk would still be upset. He's terrible at pking.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Tk wasn't bad he had good guns to put him at an advantage
Closed Thread