Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
"This account is already in use"

Sometimes reconnecting results in said error("This account is already in use"). Apparently sometimes when you reconnect your player isn't disconnected... thus your account is stuck connected and has to wait to idle out or have a staff disconnect it before you can reconnect again.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:03 AM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
That happens to me sometimes too.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:08 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Happens to me but I haven't had it in a while.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
That's really odd when it happens.
I always thought it was an issue with graal and its process. Last time I experienced this, I closed all processes related to Graal and opened some random RC, my ingame character was still here, but nobody could see it in the map. It dissepeared after some minutes.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:02 PM
:D
SalfordJamesBoii is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SalfordJamesBoii
This happens to me alot, but when I click "Login" again it works.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
It's quite simple actually. I learned this from another game also known as Runescape. Graal does not physically have a logout function, so in Runescape if you didn't logout properly your avatar would stay in the game for 2 or 3 minutes before it disconnected it's self. So while you were waiting to login your player was still in the game. This seems to happen with Graal too, since we don't have a logout function when we leave our player stay on the server for a limited amount of time. You may or may not be seen on the server, but thats besides the point. So basically if you just wait a little bit it should log you off because you get disconnected for no playing activity. Thats just my observation I am not saying its true.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
You usually get disconnected for idling (if enabled) after 25 minutes or so, that's not a little bit
Old 02-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Graal does not physically have a logout function
ESC key logs you out.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
You usually get disconnected for idling (if enabled) after 25 minutes or so, that's not a little bit
It's not 25 minutes, its more like 10. However, I have noticed it only takes like 2 seconds, it will say "that account is currently in use" I try again about 10 seconds later and it allows me to get back in.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm pretty sure that if you log into the same server using two different clients, the second client will kick the first off. It doesn't do the same when your player has lagged out and it probably should.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
It's all related to the client pinging the server and vice versa. If your connection gets abrubtley terminated, the server might not recognize that the player has left and wont disconnect it until a few failed pings are returned.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Can't say I've had a problem like this ever, so it's quite surprising to me to see how many people are saying "This happens to me too, sometimes". If it's something with reconnecting, perhaps it's serverWarp() initiating too quickly and not giving the client a chance to send the "I've logged out" data for a server to receive. Not sure about the other things mentioned that have presented this problem though and Ziro's idea is likely on the money for the "lagged out" one, and I could be wrong about the above as it is.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-21-2010, 02:21 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It wasn't a scripted reconnect. It's going to the serverlist and trying to reconnect to the server.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It's going to the serverlist and trying to reconnect to the server.
Never happened to me when I do that..
Old 02-21-2010, 10:13 PM
SKJF91 will become famous soon enough
Graal doesn't let the second client kick the first client until I think at least one minute has passed since the first client has been logged in. - Also it usually takes about 1-3 minutes before the first client disconnects from a bad logout (like say your internet is pulled)