Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Some ideas

Some ideas that were discussed before, but never implemented.
Quote:
1. Gang/Party events
This would be set up like the eventbot, but for gangs. Every X amount of hours a gang/party event would open. Events would include, Team DM, Capture a specific point, etc.)

2. Fishing
The boats and script was being worked on around August of last year. I don't see how it isn't done.

3. Badges
Badges would work like achievements/trophies. There would be numerous trophies ranging from gang oriented ones to mining.

4. Move the gang bases so that they are evenly apart from the spawn locations.

5. Create a newbie city (2x2 would be sufficient) where first-time players will be able to walk around a city designed to show them how to mine, dig,shoot, and use commands.

6. Fill up all the empty buildings on the northside of the GMAP. it's a ghost town up there.

7. Create more "distraction" items. Players enjoy playing with useless items. Numerous items could be created such as remotecontrol cars/planes, waterballoons, etc.

8. Move the OSL inside a building so that the entire gmap can be a PK ZONE.

9. Host monthly events that pertain to the entire server.

10. CREATE tension on the server. Guilds strived on UN and other servers when their was tension and hatred among the guilds. Do the same on Era with gangs/parties. Host monthly tournaments for guild and gangs and reward the winners graciously.

11. Make fun story connections. For example, one server event could be a "civil war" that separates the server into 2 teams, and they battle it out in some events.
Just a couple ideas from the top of my head and from discussions over the years.

Whats your ideas?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
delete era and start a new modern server that revolves around pking instead of an economy
Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Quote:
8. Move the OSL inside a building so that the entire gmap can be a PK ZONE.
Everything you said was cool, but here comes the Problem. Now instead of idling outside, people will idle inside. Idlers just cause more lag and that's just dumb. There should be very FEW no-pk zones, and even then if you stood in a no-pk zone for more than 4 minutes (if you move in the zone this still applies) you are automatically given a pk tag over your head until you stand in a pk zone for 10 seconds without moving.

I think this would really help the server, come on, Era is supposed to be a dangerous place.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Freedom is not free
The_Federov is on a distinguished road
Three things.
91. This is my most important idea; we should have party's be able to like 5 v 5 gang's in 'guild' wars of some sort, and if the party win's, they get some form of perk. or like, party's vs gangs.
1. no sales that's a bad idea.
2. ZUES IS SEXY IRL
4. I like era
3. it's time for change!!
8.Party event's gettin me exited!
12. idc bout era's well being, only my own
-2. I like all the ideas, but what part of the g map is not pk already?
-And JKL, I'd hate to be mid trade, and get killed with 800k kthxno.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Federov View Post
Three things.
91. This is my most important idea; we should have party's be able to like 5 v 5 gang's in 'guild' wars of some sort, and if the party win's, they get some form of perk. or like, party's vs gangs.
1. no sales that's a bad idea.
2. ZUES IS SEXY IRL
4. I like era
3. it's time for change!!
8.Party event's gettin me exited!
12. idc bout era's well being, only my own
-2. I like all the ideas, but what part of the g map is not pk already?
When i was staff, me and Akeon hosted a party tournament (4 on 4 if i recall). It was quite fun IMO. I like #2 too.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
delete era and start a new modern server that revolves around pking instead of an economy
delete every weapon that isn't handgun, shotgun, ak, or uzi

ERA STATUS: HAS SEEN ME POST THIS LIKE FIVE OTHER TIMES AND STILL WON'T LISTEN
Old 04-27-2011, 01:34 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Federov View Post

obviously bring back the mall, and get 5minutes in there as well

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Zeus Condero
Cool ideas from KatieAlShire:

Penalty Points:
Penalty Points are received when you PK someone. The amount you recieve depends on who you kill. If you kill someone with a lot of PP points you get more points than say killing a newbie. You also get points for killing sprees. Assuming i understand her idea, your points would then reset after you were killed. What this allows for is Era PD (or another guild similar) to come back. Their purpose would be to kill those with high PP. This makes for a fun cat-and-mouse game, and gives the somewhat Bounty Hunters a purpose. Killing someone with a higher PP could potentially mean more money from that kill.

Another idea:

Public punishment:
Like GK, Era should implement a way to punish players publicly. On GK you can be put in a stockade. An Era version could be being chained to a sign that says "I'm being punished" or something of that variation.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:55 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Public punishment:
Like GK, Era should implement a way to punish players publicly. On GK you can be put in a stockade. An Era version could be being chained to a sign that says "I'm being punished" or something of that variation.
Chain gangs.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Give - Rep only, please.
Sonniku4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Chain gangs.
I see you're as lively as ever. Anyway, I support that one.

Fishing was delayed... I think because some guy quit and got rid of all his stuff or something. We had the GFX done, the stats, but it never actually HAPPENED. I forget why.

Nobnob city? I think I started that and plotted it out completely, it was in the comments of Tutorial or tutorial or something, any staff can take a look at it. That flopped because everyone was busy working on rennovating houses. Or something. I forget.

Personally, I'd like to have two hospitals to choose from to respawn at. I don't know why. But in any case, I know where Era's going, I'll just log on occasionally and explode trees or something, that seems to be more productive.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:16 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
delete every weapon that isn't handgun, shotgun, ak, or uzi
Yer I agree, having players face each other more equally would improve game play and make it more enjoyable for those new to graal rather then having to play for 20 hours to get enough money to buy some pwnage gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
2. Fishing
The boats and script was being worked on around August of last year. I don't see how it isn't done.

3. Badges
Badges would work like achievements/trophies. There would be numerous trophies ranging from gang oriented ones to mining.

4. Move the gang bases so that they are evenly apart from the spawn locations.

5. Create a newbie city (2x2 would be sufficient) where first-time players will be able to walk around a city designed to show them how to mine, dig,shoot, and use commands.

6. Fill up all the empty buildings on the northside of the GMAP. it's a ghost town up there. ?
Top ideas!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:25 AM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
thats what graal ghetto was
Old 04-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_killar View Post
thats what graal ghetto was
iirc, Graal Ghetto had an economy because its manager was trading GG items for Era items and USD.

+ I said delete Era not clone it.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I agree w/ sales and pojo's posts.

My 5 steps to a better Era:
1. Wil Soul = Manager, Salesman = Admin, everyone else fired... hire group of good staff to do specific jobs... don't give out rights like candy k.
2. Delete shops, money, jobs... make every gun available to everyone but require certain credentials/rankings to unlock (CoD `-`)
3. Redo all the ugly **** levels that make me cry and eye out tile errors whenever I login. (You need a good canvas to paint your server on)
4. Make everything but the hospital and osl pk. You can get shot anywhere rly.
5. Reset now.

This should fix everything, if done in this order Era will be worth playing.

All of this can be accomplished in like a week if the PWA start right now.
If not, then we can stop blaming the bad staff.. and instead the people who gave us the bad staff. Right?

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:21 PM
God-Emperor of Era
cheesemanfred is on a distinguished road
Ohey, party tourney. I'm gonna get together with Name and do another one. I also put a bug in the ear of some of the people who actually do things to get some other ideas moving, hopefully.