FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 05:03 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
and who would you suggest take over ETA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
Either pick an ET Admin or abolish the position and actually step in and fill the role yourself.
was this unclear or something?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
was this unclear or something?
it appears to be unclear to you. i was asking, to the general forum public, who they would pick for ETA on UN. i had already read that you think someone from another department of staff should take over the role if they have no suggestions themselves - that's fine - i would still like to hear whom people would think would be suitable for the job out of the current ET staff. i'm sure it's hard to come up with a suggestion, but now that my question is clearly stated to you, i'm sure you can get down to work on it
Old 02-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
it appears to be unclear to you. i was asking, to the general forum public, who they would pick for ETA on UN. i had already read that you think someone from another department of staff should take over the role if they have no suggestions themselves - that's fine - i would still like to hear whom people would think would be suitable for the job out of the current ET staff. i'm sure it's hard to come up with a suggestion, but now that my question is clearly stated to you, i'm sure you can get down to work on it
"You" is usually directed at one person, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link
Either pick an ET Admin or abolish the position and actually step in and fill the role yourself.
I'm not sure how the burden of finding a suitable staff member is somehow my job.

I'm quite certain that it is the job of the management though, and they have yet to do so.

You suggest there is no one capable/willing of filling the role which I severely doubt to begin with, but in that case, the part where I said "abolish the position and actually step in and fill the role yourself" applies nicely.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
"You" is usually directed at one person, no?

I'm not sure how the burden of finding a suitable staff member is somehow my job.

I'm quite certain that it is the job of the management though, and they have yet to do so.

You suggest there is no one capable/willing of filling the role which I severely doubt to begin with, but in that case, the part where I said "abolish the position and actually step in and fill the role yourself" applies nicely.
so basically you have no idea who would be suitable to take over the role, but you want someone to do it? regardless of whether or not it's management's decision (which it is) is it hameful in some way to ask player's opinions on, as you've pointed out, such a crucial part of the server's gameplay?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
so basically you have no idea who would be suitable to take over the role
I have plenty ideas of who is suitable to fill the role, but again, this is not my responsibility.
Quote:
but you want someone to do it? regardless of whether or not it's management's decision (which it is) is it hameful in some way to ask player's opinions on, as you've pointed out, such a crucial part of the server's gameplay?
It's not harmful if it's the management actually doing it.

Yes, I want someone to fill the role of managing staff members rather than allowing them to run around doing what they please unchecked. I don't understand what's so confusing to you about this.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
From what I can understand this is what I'm reading:

Hiro: Your patterns with how you are speaking implies that there's someone going to replace already or as if the problem is not even here; care to explain?

Mark Sir Link: Bro you already stated the solution; Abolish the position, have someone (Honestly anyone at this point) watch as the "Event's Team Moderator" or something and he or she would keep an eye for a character worthy of raising in rank. It's definitely not the best option for you guys considering your "horrendous biases" to worry about.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:46 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
i dont think anyone cares anymore
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
I have plenty ideas of who is suitable to fill the role, but again, this is not my responsibility.

It's not harmful if it's the management actually doing it.

Yes, I want someone to fill the role of managing staff members rather than allowing them to run around doing what they please unchecked. I don't understand what's so confusing to you about this.
just because it's not your responsibility does not mean you cannot make a suggestion, which is all i asked for. you don't seem willing to post on whom you think should be ETA, you only wish to ***** about management not picking one; fine, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
From what I can understand this is what I'm reading:

Hiro: Your patterns with how you are speaking implies that there's someone going to replace already or as if the problem is not even here; care to explain?
the problem is there - having no ETA lets the ET team run wild, as already there have been problems, such as a ET cadet paying players on the side to ensure that they take out certain players so they never win. that is obviously unfair, and should be taken care of by the ETA, except we have no ETA

so what is the reason for there being no ETA? because no one on the current events team is qualified to really perform that job adequately, and those who are have turned the job down. the solution to this problem is not just to give it to someone, that would just make more problems in the long run. it would be interesting to have the position taken down in the short-run to be run by a different department, but i don't think this is the direction management wants to take - they'd much rather find a suitable ETA once one appears and is willing to perform the job; that someone just hasn't been presented or discovered yet, according to management
Old 02-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Enthralling conversation, but this has very little to do with the fact that the ET's are still cadets after 5 whole weeks.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:05 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
perfection takes time
"perfection takes time"
"practice makes perfect"

but.. but.. no one is perfect!
No but seriously, just make the ET Cadets full so it can give you guys more time to think about who is suitable for ETA >.> If the cadets have to wait another month, I'm pretty sure Cron/Streety/Vicious will have to just hire another bundle of ET Cadets after the current ones quit.
Anyways, who cares about the Events Team. How about our non-existant LAT team?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
"perfection takes time"
"practice makes perfect"

but.. but.. no one is perfect!
No but seriously, just make the ET Cadets full so it can give you guys more time to think about who is suitable for ETA >.> If the cadets have to wait another month, I'm pretty sure Cron/Streety/Vicious will have to just hire another bundle of ET Cadets after the current ones quit.
Anyways, who cares about the Events Team. How about our non-existant LAT team?
Levelers are only useful when the necessary scripting support is given, which is usually never.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 02-16-2011, 03:30 PM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
I dont know why you keep bundling me into this "management" package. I've tried to make it pretty clear that I am in no position to make management decisions, promote cadets or assign an ETA.

It's not within my rights to do that and neither is anything else associated with it. As far as "management" goes the closest thing I've done for it is select the cadets and post news on the forums for people who ask me to (because they typically don't have those rights). I don't play any significant role in the final "promotion" of the cadets, though I have passively voiced my opinion of who I think should have been promoted.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Thanks for your input Streety, don't forget you have a voice. The problem is the other players truly don't; be the bridge for UN's needs and get this stuff done.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
What's the difference between an ET and a ET Cadet? It seems pretty stupid that an ET would be given a limited tool set since they're "new" to the job.

ETs should just be replaced with scripts anyway, that way you don't have to deal with the stupid drama but UN seems to enjoy that for some reason.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
ETs should just be replaced with scripts anyway, that way you don't have to deal with the stupid drama but UN seems to enjoy that for some reason.
Intrigued to hear this, Did it before on N-Pulse way back and it ended up as a red flag due to no security. Hope that's included in the EventBot Package