Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum > Classic Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Item Suggestion: Personal Diary

When the remaining Classic players switched over to Unholy Nation the majority of us had already completed the quests available. However, a lot of the players had only completed the odd few and this proved to be frustrating with no real indication as to what had been completed. The only way of checking which quests had been done was either by guessing, or by running through them all again to see you got anything new. I also witness this on a daily basis when FAQ/GP staff are trying to help new players to complete their quests. It sucks.

I have hope that once Classic becomes a stable server it'll have a lot of different quests that take both time and effort to complete; I can't imagine it coming back with quests that you can just run through that are akin to the server we're playing on right now. With this in mind (and I was playing Pokémon Platinum at the time, which also tells you what you've done and when you did it) I thought it would be a nice addition to have a Diary weapon to keep track of what progress you have made.

The diary itself could have many features, and doesn't have to be restricted to quests alone. Automatic entries could also include when you win big tournaments such as a Monthly Sparring Tournament, or when you hit milestones like gaining your first 2000/75 spar rating, or 10000 kills and showing who the victim was. This would mean that all of those silly little memories that you'll be making while playing on the server would be stored in a central location for reflecting upon. Something that may also be worth looking into is allowing players to write their own entries in addition to the automatic ones, enabling them to record details of guild wars, weddings, and other things that matter to them personally that aren't really automated.

I think it would be a cute item to have with a useful reasoning behind it.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:49 PM
NBK!
Heroin will become famous soon enough
i really like that idea. wish something like that would've been implented ages ago.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
zz
XyphosMisery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XyphosMisery
Dear diary, I lamed five newbies today. Was pretty sweet. See you again tomorrow. <3
}

Old 03-10-2010, 08:36 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i like this idea o/
Old 03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
We were already planning to make something similar to the Bombers Notebook in Majoras Mask, I guess added accomplishments would also fit with this.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I like this idea!
Dear diary, I got totally slaughtered in spars today and Glad kicked me from CTF (again) cause I suck
Old 03-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
This might sound totally redundant and unnecessary, but I think a cute little camera item could go well with this.

We obviously have alt+2 and prt sc which give versatile screenshots, but they are also extremely detached from the game. A camera NPC could allow for taking screencaps to crop in-game and place into the diary. I would prefer that the photo also be saved into the Graal Screenshots folder--maybe with a toggle for this option, so we don't clutter everyone.

Along with just putting these photos into diaries, they could be a good size for posting in other places on the server as well--imagine touching a picture frame graphic on someone's wall, and a closeup of the photo appears instead of just a sign describing it. I'm sure there could be other uses for them too!

PS to be on topic I like the diary idea a lot as something functional and adorable.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
PS to be on topic I like the diary idea a lot as something functional and adoorable.
fixed

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 03-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Pretty cool idea.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:39 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
if this were around before, daltons diary would have included alot about midi.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 AM
zz
XyphosMisery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XyphosMisery
Graal Achievement system. Do it.

ex:
PvP
1000 kills
5000 kills
10000 kills
etc
1550 spar rating
1600 spar rating
1700 spar rating
etc

Could also log some things in your diary that doesnt show in your profile:
# kills with a bush/sign
# kills with a bomb/arrow
# of 100 AP players killed
Time spent at 0 AP
etc
}

Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I like this idea!
Dear diary, I got totally slaughtered in spars today and Glad kicked me from CTF (again) cause I suck
:P

Great idea rufus. I wonder if it was possible to record a victory in an event as an entry, since it would be easier to track thanks to the automated system we have in place now.

Yay or nay for event entries?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I'm on the fence when it comes to all event entries. This is supposed to be a diary of special Graalian life events like high scores, kills, etc. My concern is if you start recording absolutely everything you do it will just become a massive globulal mess that you won't ever bother to look at cause its too complicated. Maybe events played and events won as a total wouldn't be bad though.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
"Account has left CTF Large"

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)