Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
File cache on iDevices

I don't know how things work on there, but it's really not as good as it is on the PC. When images are overwritten they sometimes might replace the old, might not, maybe if you restart your application, maybe not. It's all very random and really not good for the uploading system where people still see their old heads instead of their replacements. I see people on a daily basis constantly resubmitting files because the "uploader has added the wrong file" but I know that it's just the cache on images. It's not just a case of heads though, as I've had to completely reinstall the application a few times just to see updated NPCs.

Please make this better!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
It's every 24 hours it checks. (I can remember asking Stefan, and pretty sure he said this)

There is a trial on the 'uploader' on Era iPhone, which gives out a unique id (so to say) to each file. So far it's going well, I think it will be added to iClassic shortly which should prevent this.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Yes will copy it to Classic very soon, each upload will get a unique filename then. The 24-hour-update protection can be disabled by the server option mobilealwaysupdatefile=true