Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2011, 02:08 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Volume Mixer on Windows 7 doesn't show Graal.

When I first installed Graal I muted its volume in the "volume mixer" of my computer. Since then it hasn't shown Graal in the list while I have it running, unlike others which display the program as muted. How do I get it to reappear so that I can un-mute it when I want to?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Did you mute it on V5 (or early versions of V6)? I know it used to appear there for me, too. Now that you've mentioned it, I noticed it's not there since the latest builds of V6. Possible V6 client coding not yet included. I'm not sure exactly how programs are built to be detected by the volume mixer.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 04-16-2011, 02:55 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm pretty sure I muted v5, but it doesn't show Graal in the list on either versions.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:22 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I was messing around with this (on latest V6) and found that it doesn't show up until you're on a server.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Zxion is on a distinguished road
This happened to me and I noticed it was because I had all of the sound in the F3 menu turned off. I don't know if you have yours set that way as well, but if you do try to turn it back on and walk around to get the walking noise to activate. After that, check the volume window, it should be listed again. Also, even if you don't hear any sound after walking, be sure to check it because it might be muted within the volume control window itself. Hope it helps!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:43 AM
It seems I forgot to change the tryloadsoundson64bit option in game_config.txt on this installation. Maybe it should be enabled by default or something! Thanks for the help anyway.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:07 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
wait is that problem still there on v6? why on earth WOULDNT it try to load sounds if you're using 64bit...
Old 04-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It doesn't use that anymore. It will however not load the sounds stuff until something actually plays a sound effect. Normally that monster on the start screen is breathing fire.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:20 AM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It doesn't use that anymore. It will however not load the sounds stuff until something actually plays a sound effect. Normally that monster on the start screen is breathing fire.
There should be some type of easter egg with that monster.

You click it and it makes one of the dying sound effects from Graal Kingdoms or something. Would be funny

Supporter of G2K1 revision. Even though it never will be what it was..