Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
In a real life situation where someone is guarding something, nobody expects them to move out of the way when someone wants to steal whatever they are guarding.

In a real game of CTF, would you stand in someone's way or allow them to pass?

The no blocking rule is stupid, and everyone needs to stop *****ing.
this statement of urs makes it obvious that u dnt play the game, otherwise ud know that blocking in an event means an easy and cheap win, this is era not call of duty
Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Continuing this thread, some kid just won CTF by capturing the flag when he had broken UPD settings. Myself and JEM (the only people on our team with guns) couldn't see, shoot, block, or do anything to him. I swapped my settings both ways twice and it still wouldn't make him appear, we killed the entire team (I never even got shot once, flawlessly killed 4 players) without losing any team members.

Seth kicked all 7 of us and gave this kid EC even though we were telling him and I even offered to give screen shots.

Wtf?
Old 01-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
he was probably hacking, or he would've shown up when u changed ur udp settings
Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Continuing this thread, some kid just won CTF by capturing the flag when he had broken UPD settings. Myself and JEM (the only people on our team with guns) couldn't see, shoot, block, or do anything to him. I swapped my settings both ways twice and it still wouldn't make him appear, we killed the entire team (I never even got shot once, flawlessly killed 4 players) without losing any team members.

Seth kicked all 7 of us and gave this kid EC even though we were telling him and I even offered to give screen shots.

Wtf?
It always happens to you guys, i never experience any form of such, but when i see you have that problem i see both of you guys moving and shooting randomly. Funny to watch though.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Blocking is making it so an exit is not reachable (such as blocking a ladder, door, level entrance) but to slow up the flag carrier I feel you should be able to do some sort of blocking or something because if there is no "blocking" how the hell are you supposed to stop the flag carrier?

I agree with Rouge, add a speed deficit on the flag carrier. Make him run around 1.00 or something..

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
Blocking is making it so an exit is not reachable (such as blocking a ladder, door, level entrance) but to slow up the flag carrier I feel you should be able to do some sort of blocking or something because if there is no "blocking" how the hell are you supposed to stop the flag carrier?
^ This, pure and simple. The blocking rule was created for the problem of people blocking physical door, ladder or similar entry/exit points, not for the actual aim of stopping your enemy[ies]. "It's Era" is the worst cop-out I've ever heard in this regard and we've all heard some pretty lame ones over the years.

RE: ET getting on tag after being otherwise removed from the event him/herself- Lenience has always been shown to those who come back as mere spectators but only a fool allows such interferences to go unpunished. If it's the ETA, that's even worse. Even judge's IRL are forced to recuse themselves from further judgment's should they find themselves personally involved. As a leader, the ETA is not the exception to the case.

On a side note, I'm leaving this thread open so long as it doesn't delve into forum-rule-breaking discussions that include attacking other people directly, like a couple of posts that are no longer visible earlier in the thread. "What is?" and "What isn't?" discussions are exactly the type of thing we should be discussing here.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·

Last edited by TSAdmin; 01-10-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Era since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
e if there is no "blocking" how the hell are you supposed to stop the flag carrier?
by shooting him? stopping the flag carrier should be a team effort
and lol at slowing down flag carrier, have u ever played gang ctf? it's not exactly easy to cap a flag if there r 3-4 enemies shooting at u, assuming they have chosen their positions wisely
Old 01-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
by shooting him? stopping the flag carrier should be a team effort
and lol at slowing down flag carrier, have u ever played gang ctf? it's not exactly easy to cap a flag if there r 3-4 enemies shooting at u, assuming they have chosen their positions wisely
That's a pretty rare and specific occasion that differs from the 10-25 normal CTFs hosted daily. In this example every player would be prepared and equipped with a weapon and possess formidable skill and competence to be apart of the gang.

The normal case usually only has about 1-4 of these equipped, competent, and skilled players (As in my example, myself and JEM did everything for our team... in the case neither of us can see, shoot, block, etc. a player, the 'team' aspect dies and it becomes an utter lost cause) are present for an event, and they are randomly sorted to teams as opposed to being a predefined and unified group of players with a plan.

Oh, and Gang CTF is more than likely played with the dual flag map, as it is easier to host than the normal CTF that was rarely done by admins awhile back.

I find your point fairly invalid, the best option (at this point) for generic 1 flag CTF would be to add a slow effect to the flag carrier.
-----
Oh and dbags on the Events Team, our guild says Defender for a reason, we're not going to step out of the way when someone who possesses the object we're subject to defend runs at us. If the Raider initiates the situation (runs into a dead end, rushes at you in a hallway) it is not blocking, it is strictly 'defending'. Learn this.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
That's a pretty rare and specific occasion that differs from the 10-25 normal CTFs hosted daily. In this example every player would be prepared and equipped with a weapon and possess formidable skill and competence to be apart of the gang.

The normal case usually only has about 1-4 of these equipped, competent, and skilled players (As in my example, myself and JEM did everything for our team... in the case neither of us can see, shoot, block, etc. a player, the 'team' aspect dies and it becomes an utter lost cause) are present for an event, and they are randomly sorted to teams as opposed to being a predefined and unified group of players with a plan.

Oh, and Gang CTF is more than likely played with the dual flag map, as it is easier to host than the normal CTF that was rarely done by admins awhile back.

I find your point fairly invalid, the best option (at this point) for generic 1 flag CTF would be to add a slow effect to the flag carrier.
-----
Oh and dbags on the Events Team, our guild says Defender for a reason, we're not going to step out of the way when someone who possesses the object we're subject to defend runs at us. If the Raider initiates the situation (runs into a dead end, rushes at you in a hallway) it is not blocking, it is strictly 'defending'. Learn this.
And honestly, the Raiding TEAM in CTF isn't just a one man show. It's the job of the whole team to make sure that you can get in, get the flag, and get out.

One person shouldn't expect to get a free walk just because they don't want to work as a team. In fact I'd say that if it is possible for one person to cap a flag entirely on their own then there is something terribly wrong with the balance of the event as a whole.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Era since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
And honestly, the Raiding TEAM in CTF isn't just a one man show. It's the job of the whole team to make sure that you can get in, get the flag, and get out.

One person shouldn't expect to get a free walk just because they don't want to work as a team. In fact I'd say that if it is possible for one person to cap a flag entirely on their own then there is something terribly wrong with the balance of the event as a whole.
uv never seen me run
Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
uv never seen me run
you always used to run from me noob.

gg.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
well i havent seen this problem with the new ctf, it seems to be set up quite well. old one should just be scrapped
Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
We have a new events team admin :o
Old 01-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRenji View Post
We have a new events team admin :o
This mean George has time to run for Manager now.
George 2k12!

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 01-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
George 2k12!