Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2010, 03:05 AM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You're telling me there's some sort of anti-magical community of graphic artists that revel in images comprised of purely bad PS effects? That there is place where this image belongs? That is truly terrifying.
You seriously need to shut the **** up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 08-15-2010, 04:11 AM
You can call me noto.
FrozenLies0 will become famous soon enough
Wow you guys sure like to troll people.
How about some constructive criticism instead of OH THAT LOOKS SO HORRIBLE GO AWAY DIDEIDIEIDIEIDIEDIEIDIEIDIE
Yea real helpful guys ^

anyways, I'd say work on the shape of the tree a bit more, it just looks like it was all blended together into a mess.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:24 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenLies0 View Post
troll
You don't seem to know what that word means.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:28 AM
You can call me noto.
Pretty sure I know what it means,unless you think of its meaning different than I? But if it'll make you feel happier about yourself I'll say "bag."
Wow you guys sure like to bag [on] people['s artwork].

Edit: also i'm not going to get into a big war on what words mean. If you obviously know what I meant, then leave it as it. troll in my book, means exactly the same as a flamer.
WHICH IN MY BOOK MEANS, talk trash on and or off topic.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdumdidi View Post
Recently been using Photoshop to do graphics. Pretty amazing method i would say.
Took quite a while to do. But here's my try at getting a tree done
All thats left is the trunk

Oh, if you squint u can see a dragon in the crown of the tree.
Personally you shouldn't be using photoshop for graphics for a game like graal for when you're doing photoshop work you shouldn't be using it for parts of a gmap or tileset that usually should be simple and easy on the eyes, My comment earlier when I looked at it I saw either two of the things.

Brussels Sprouts or a giant head of lettuce.

The effect you used for leafing the tree is very grotesque and unappealing. For things such as trees stick to pixeling it by hand.

A big example where this applies, GK. GK's trees are very hideous and that alone is self explanatory., Some games can pull off high details in their landscapes such as Maplestory because they have the artists and the artistic ability. You however have small potential, just not through photoshop.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:59 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenLies0 View Post
troll
A troll is not someone who is bluntly honest or disagrees with you.

All I have been in this thread is a cynical ***hole. I vomited in my mouth when I saw this tree, and as a critic, I told him just that. PS effects look like trash here, and I made sure I let him know that's what I thought.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:03 AM
You can call me noto.
It kind of looks like a deformed mystical egg, but as Fulgore said I agree that you should stick to pixeling by hand ( if for graal that is )
overall it needs some leaves to be defined and trees shouldn't be so circular unless it's a very large neatly trimmed tree..?
but i doubt it

good luck in the future

edit: @ kia key point being, i don't think people find it appreciative when they ask people to critique their work to be *******s about it.
"all i have been in this thread is a cynical *******" i think troll covers "*******". anyways done posting on this forum. goodluck with your tree !
Old 08-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
"Please don't feed the troll" covers it up quite nicely for you frozen. But he doesn't appear to be trolling the thread, more or so trolling you now, Have fun being the target.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:24 AM
You can call me noto.
umm, idc who/what he trolls. just sayin' is all, but thanks for agreeing with me that he's a troll.
**final post promise <3<3
Old 08-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
I don't agree of him being a troll, I agree he is trolling you. No more to it but whatever floats your boat.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:31 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
"Please don't feed the troll" covers it up quite nicely for you frozen. But he doesn't appear to be trolling the thread, more or so trolling you now, Have fun being the target.
SSHHH be quiet
Old 08-15-2010, 05:33 AM
You can call me noto.
you can't be a troll without trolling
you can't be a thinker without thinking
you can't be a kicker without kicking
you can't be an eater without eating

trolling comes from troll.
but whatever floats your boat right ?

sorry, just had to comment. was funny to me XD
Old 08-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Looks like it would work better as a rock to me. Maybe put some sort of rope or banner on it, could be the entrance to a temple or something.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 08-15-2010, 08:24 AM
i can haz gold plz
Dumdumdidi will become famous soon enough
The original image was meant to be an experiment lol.
Here's my real progress by pixelling with hand.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
I'm now interested to see the finished product. Keep it up.