FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-01-2003, 12:56 AM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by draygin

^
You the man *thumbs up*

He hit the nail on the head. You're focusing on the wrong aspects. You're all focused on war and battle. Which is ok to a point. But with the information provided you are seemingly not offering any thing else to stimulate RPing in non combative forms.
I am, and I'm sure most other RPers, are tired of war. We just want to bloody RP.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:16 AM
Moblojoe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Moblojoe
Quote:

^
You the man *thumbs up*

He hit the nail on the head. You're focusing on the wrong aspects. You're all focused on war and battle. Which is ok to a point. But with the information provided you are seemingly not offering any thing else to stimulate RPing in non combative forms.
You guys just don't realize the fact that War and simple combat is a main Portion of EVERYONE'S life. Either it be Physical or Non-Physical Combat, it still is there and if you are Role playing a Sub-Realistic, hell any types of RP you are going to have to put up with it. Besides things like Colonies and Natural Resources won't always just bring combat, it would put things like a RP-Biased Economy into place and power struggles for Citizen ran Town Offices. Citizens would mine, Fish, Farm, Bake, craft, fight, etc to not only help the upkeep of that colony but also to prosper anyway that person desires. Thus 'Stimulating' a various amount of different things a person could Roleplay.

So next time when you read one of my ideas or concepts please take things like this into consideration.

Quote:
Originally posted by brock128

I am, and I'm sure most other RPers, are tired of war. We just want to bloody RP.
And how else would you like to Roleplay, sir?
Old 05-02-2003, 05:23 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
The solution is obvious, because the only person who doesn't hate the island idea is Wryoko, all that needs to happen is that the kingdom leaders all make an agreement with eachother to collectively ignore the islands.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:33 AM
Androk is on a distinguished road
Wait so you want to put islands in middle of that large dark blue sea area? Basically you want to create islands that wil have 0 relation to kingdoms, and will not stop the invading force in any way? So the RPers will be going to islands in order to fight instead of doing it the shorter way and attacking the actual castle? I am done =P
Old 05-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Booo for MobloJoe ._.

Old 05-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Moblojoe

You guys just don't realize the fact that War and simple combat is a main Portion of EVERYONE'S life. Either it be Physical or Non-Physical Combat, it still is there and if you are Role playing a Sub-Realistic, hell any types of RP you are going to have to put up with it. Besides things like Colonies and Natural Resources won't always just bring combat, it would put things like a RP-Biased Economy into place and power struggles for Citizen ran Town Offices. Citizens would mine, Fish, Farm, Bake, craft, fight, etc to not only help the upkeep of that colony but also to prosper anyway that person desires. Thus 'Stimulating' a various amount of different things a person could Roleplay.

So next time when you read one of my ideas or concepts please take things like this into consideration.

I've taken your plans into consideration and all it promotes is fighting. Non-physical combat? How the hell is fishing,mining etc.. nonphysical combat. This whole plan is crap every one else has already stated why so I'm not going to bother going into details on how or why.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 05-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Androk
Wait so you want to put islands in middle of that large dark blue sea area? Basically you want to create islands that wil have 0 relation to kingdoms, and will not stop the invading force in any way? So the RPers will be going to islands in order to fight instead of doing it the shorter way and attacking the actual castle? I am done =P
I'm still trying to figure out where I said that I was trying to prevent an invading force from attacking the Main Castle o.O

Oh and i'd like for you to explain how they wouldn't have any relation to the kingdoms.

Quote:
I've taken your plans into consideration and all it promotes is fighting.
Well obviously you didn't because you would have realized by now 'fighting' brings various other types of RP other than just Combat. Besides What other things that don't revolve around 'fighting' could I ****ing add? I mean this is starting to really piss me off because everytime I try to start an idea post I get bull **** from people like you who always complain and complain about the smaller picture when they SHOULD be looking at the big picture of it all. Now I know why the staff refuse to even post Update Threads anymore because everytime we do we always get Arrogant, non-constructive replys.

Quote:
Non-physical combat?
Yeah like Personal Conflicts, Maybe fighting off desires of lust and such or if your character is loony, yourself(or some side of you).

Quote:
How the hell is fishing,mining etc.. nonphysical combat.
Never said it was to begin with. By Fishing, mining, etc I meant something totally different and that the citizens would make a living by selling, living off of, or buying goods and stuff like that.

Quote:
This whole plan is crap every one else has already stated why so I'm not going to bother going into details on how or why.
And so the whole 'towers' idea is suposed to be better?
Old 05-02-2003, 10:08 PM
Telmont Bandit
Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out where I said that I was trying to prevent an invading force from attacking the Main Castle o.O

Oh and i'd like for you to explain how they wouldn't have any relation to the kingdoms.

Well obviously you didn't because you would have realized by now 'fighting' brings various other types of RP other than just Combat. Besides What other things that don't revolve around 'fighting' could I ****ing add? I mean this is starting to really piss me off because everytime I try to start an idea post I get bull **** from people like you who always complain and complain about the smaller picture when they SHOULD be looking at the big picture of it all. Now I know why the staff refuse to even post Update Threads anymore because everytime we do we always get Arrogant, non-constructive replys.

Yeah like Personal Conflicts, Maybe fighting off desires of lust and such or if your character is loony, yourself(or some side of you).

Never said it was to begin with. By Fishing, mining, etc I meant something totally different and that the citizens would make a living by selling, living off of, or buying goods and stuff like that.

And so the whole 'towers' idea is suposed to be better?
I never supported the tower idea that idea was crap too. But it was already decided against so there was no need for me to make any comments on it. We dont need stupid little islands to promote RP. You can do that with the overworld if you divide it up into sections who controls what. Then add towns out posts etc.. It accomplishes the same thing.
Read your post the way you have it worded it appears that you have mining and the works tied into non combative part.
You get way to emotional not a good thing considering your position. Where am I being non-constructive? I've said your ideas are crap and I've given examples of why its not a good idea or in some cases even given alternative ideas. You're calling me arrogant but you're the one who gets his panties in a wad and cries a river every time some one disagrees with you. You cant say you're not getting emotional about it and crying a river because you're losing any points when you lower yourself to profanity to get a point across. That's really not necessary and only makes you look worst. You post updates saying I want your ideas. We post our ideas. You throw a fit about how those ideas are crap and do it your own way regardless. So yes if you're not going to listen to advice please dont ask for any as its a waste of time and annoying.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 05-02-2003, 11:18 PM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Um, perhaps just Roleplaying without any war? I mean, battling is OK, but the inter-kingdom war is just getting annoying. Heck, maybe the kingdoms should join up against some unknown force. Or somthing.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Telmont Bandit
Quote:
Originally posted by brock128

Um, perhaps just Roleplaying without any war? I mean, battling is OK, but the inter-kingdom war is just getting annoying. Heck, maybe the kingdoms should join up against some unknown force. Or somthing.
I like this idea. Rather than focus on PvP (Player vs player) Make it Player Vs game, some sort of menacing evil or what ever. Then there could be those groups who back stab or use bad things that happen to their own advantages. Then the unknown force could be vanquished. Possibly after alot of destruction. Then people could RP repairs and what not rebuilding messed up country side etc...

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 05-03-2003, 01:13 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Rather than focus on PvP (Player vs player) Make it Player Vs game
That's an even worse idea than the islands

Anyways, it's already been proven that the islands thing won't work.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:46 AM
Quote:

We dont need stupid little islands to promote RP. You can do that with the overworld if you divide it up into sections who controls what. Then add towns out posts etc.. It accomplishes the same thing.
First off I'd just like to say that Kingdom Isles are just one of a few different methods of 'promoting' rp. However I've always been for the idea of having Kingdom-owned land divided evenly but that's not always too easy. Kingdom Isles is just an alternative to having kingdom-owned land due to the fact that Jeff doesn't like the idea and I really can't help that. He says it makes BM seem more of a RP server than a Pk, Minigame, (CRAP)economy, etc server and it also would take up alot of space, space that could be used for future non-rp updates. =/

However Ghost pirate Did Propose the idea of having two different 'realms', one being the Dream World (Minigame,pk, etc) and another being the Real world (RP) and you would go between the two through your sleep. If we were to do this we could use the ENTIRE overworld for RP purposes and Evenly and fairly divide it up amongst the kingdoms.

Quote:

Read your post the way you have it worded it appears that you have mining and the works tied into non combative part.
My mistake.

Quote:
You get way to emotional not a good thing considering your position.
Well you know not everyone is always in a cheerful mood like you are all the time. Today was hell for me and I had to come home for more hell online and the internet is my temporary escape from reality some times.

Quote:

Where am I being non-constructive? I've said your ideas are crap and I've given examples of why its not a good idea or in some cases even given alternative ideas.
Everytime I post an idea you call it crap and you've just now in this reply posted an alternative idea. Instead of putting down my ideas why not Build off them? I

Quote:

You're calling me arrogant but you're the one who gets his panties in a wad and cries a river every time some one disagrees with you.
Exagerated Insults are no better than me cursing

Quote:

That's really not necessary and only makes you look worst.
Bad grammer makes you look 'worst'.

Quote:

You post updates saying I want your ideas. We post our ideas.
Calling the ideas that I post crap isn't necessarily helping anyone =/

Quote:

You throw a fit about how those ideas are crap and do it your own way regardless.
And what have I done my way regardlessly? I haven't been able to do ANYTHINg due to the lack of activity of our staff.

Quote:

So yes if you're not going to listen to advice
I had to have listened to your advice to be able to 'throw a fit' about it ne?

Quote:
please dont ask for any as its a waste of time and annoying
A waste of time for who?

Hell no one asked you to come look at this thread
Old 05-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Prepare to be monopolized
Ghost Pirate is on a distinguished road
Heres a idea

Get a manager for Graal: Bomy Moon who likes to Roleplay more than liking button smashing jobs.

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Graal2001 Graphics
Kramer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kramer
Staff* can roleplay as the enemy of kingdoms, as long as we don't do stupid things like completely destroy a kingdom, or trap players in evil candies, etc...
Play fair, be "The Bad Guys" but at the same time make it so the players are enjoying themselves.
Keep to a certain set of rules.

*Staff being RCs or even a special staff just for the role as bad guys.

~Kramer
(11:52:32 PM) Skylar: but seriously noah, you can't even call me a nerd if you took acid and installed azureus
(11:52:48 PM) Skylar: that bans you from ever calling someone a nerd
Old 05-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kramer
Staff* can roleplay as the enemy of kingdoms, as long as we don't do stupid things like completely destroy a kingdom, or trap players in evil candies, etc...
Play fair, be "The Bad Guys" but at the same time make it so the players are enjoying themselves.
Keep to a certain set of rules.

*Staff being RCs or even a special staff just for the role as bad guys.
Not a bad idea