Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-27-2003, 07:26 PM
Moblojoe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Moblojoe
Post I'm accepting ideas for RP and such

Okay people I've seen alot of spontaneous ideas pop up all over the forum and I'd like for you all to put all your ideas, concepts, etc in this thread. If I like the idea I might even consider adding it into the RP system 1.0 that will be released when BM is Re-opened. Later I may even add my ideas for the First RP system

Anyway Post away
Old 04-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Have A Drink On Me
AlexH is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AlexH Send a message via MSN to AlexH
There are special areas dotted around the overworld which can be taken over by each kingdom.
Could be things like shops etc. If you making kingdom funds again also buildings like joinery which a kingdom would need to own to build things.

Using the shop for example. Say Zormite own it. They could buy bombs, arrows or whatever there and say it costs them 10g for 20 bombs for example. All the other kingdoms could still use the shop but it would be more expensive for them to buy goods at that shop. Say 10g would only get them 10 bombs.

If you plan on having destructable NPCs like guard towers etc for the kingdoms main area they may need to use the joinery for example. Again both kingdoms could use it but again the kingdom which owns it would get a discount in price. In addition to that they would also get better quality building. For example it's health would start at 100% whereas if they do not own the building it's health may start at 70%.

I guess that kind of system could be used with other buildings too but I'm too lazy to think of some more right now.

The buildings would be defended in kingdom battles. However more arenas would need to be made so it adds to RPing. As if they are trying to take over a shop they magically appear on some islands to fight for it. They should be able to fight inside a building similar to the building they are trying to capture, except with more space and weapons. These events would need to be arranged by some sort of RP person so that the players can't just chop and change it to their liking.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:16 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
That sounds like a great idea AlexH.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 04-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Use the old kingdom names.

Compulsary uniforms (fish heads for Zormite etc)

Making things more interactive and benefitial to the economy such as paying you or someone in the rp team to perform numerous task like act as miners and such to blow a wall to invade a kingdom.

Hold role-play events that don't include war and all kingdoms could participate in with such things as celebrating the day the Bomy Moon was made by feasting and partying ;p

Do not destroy any kingdoms just because they were "destroyed in war" and do not allow Kings to be replaced and such because of stupidity like a gang of 5 from another say "let's take over that kingdom by killing their king." I've seen it before and it's just stupid, the only way a war should take place or a throne being replaced is if the leader(s) agrees to it unless of course they are enemies in which case invasions and such could take place without consent of both leaders but taking the throne can't ;p

Old 04-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Banned
magicbud3344 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to magicbud3344
OLD NAMES
there is no point in changing kingdom names then saying WE WILL MAKE NEW LEVELS SOON
if your going to change the kingdom names, change the levels first.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:10 AM
Xeph0ria is on a distinguished road
-Make kingdoms use a currency besides gralats, and have there be things that a kingdom can buy to make it better (Special RPing weapons like catapults/more defenses for the kingdom itself/player rooms/bigger base/etc)

-Old names

-Don't let kingdoms/leaders fall just because 2 people from Kingdom B attacked the king of kingdom 2 when nobody else from Kingdom 2 was on.

-PIRATE CREW BACK PLZKTHX.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:07 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexH
Funny thing about this, Androk and I proposed an idea like this to Jeff and Wryoko before, and they shot it down. I still have where I thought they could go. They are the things called towers, but are basically like forts etc. Ignore the areas of Dustari and Samurai, that was another idea. Just the towers.

Old 04-28-2003, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Waltz5

Funny thing about this, Androk and I proposed an idea like this to Jeff and Wryoko before, and they shot it down. I still have where I thought they could go. They are the things called towers, but are basically like forts etc. Ignore the areas of Dustari and Samurai, that was another idea. Just the towers.
Trust me Gryffon's idea for Kingdom Isles is alot better than 'towers' that will only congest the overworld up even more.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:35 PM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Moblojoe

Kingdom Isles
OH GOD NOT 2K2 AAARG *shoot self*
Seriously, if this turn out to be copying 2k2, I am going to kick sombody in the gut 3 times.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Out posts, One big problem is there is only one castle for each kingdom so if they want to attack where do they go? The main castle. Now if there where small villages and outposts fort type things etc.. it would give things for smaller bandit groups to raid and what not since no intelligent bandit group would attack a super castle of the king.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 04-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Moblojoe

Trust me Gryffon's idea for Kingdom Isles is alot better than 'towers' that will only congest the overworld up even more.
Yes because the overworld is so congested with empty land and trees.

Old 04-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by brock128

OH GOD NOT 2K2 AAARG *shoot self*
Seriously, if this turn out to be copying 2k2, I am going to kick sombody in the gut 3 times.
No no kingdoms will stay where they are now, What I mean is that we will extend the southern Seas and add in 2-3 islands that the kingdoms could control. There they could build fortifications, colonies, etc to maintain that kingdom's influence over said island(s). Also various types of resources will be scattered amongst Each island that kingdom could use to it's advantage. I was also thinking about having the islands as a whole or each seperate island have it's own history, Maybe NPC tribes of People native to that island or to all the islands that we could use to either promote a sort of hostile enviroment or have it so kingdoms could hire (Or enslave) them to help draw in Resources.

Anyway that's enough detail on that to hold you off, Suggestions?
Old 04-30-2003, 10:43 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
I only have one.

No kingdom funds.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Islands are a stupid idea cause everyone would just want to conquer them and rping would just turn into constant war especially with such a small amount (2-3) which sucks. Adding too many would suck also cause it would sort of be copying kingdoms ._. Booo ._.

Old 04-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by --Chris--
Islands are a stupid idea cause everyone would just want to conquer them and rping would just turn into constant war especially with such a small amount (2-3) which sucks. Adding too many would suck also cause it would sort of be copying kingdoms ._. Booo ._.
^
You the man *thumbs up*

He hit the nail on the head. You're focusing on the wrong aspects. You're all focused on war and battle. Which is ok to a point. But with the information provided you are seemingly not offering any thing else to stimulate RPing in non combative forms.

I stole Spanky's gold!