Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Implement Bomy Battling??
Yes! 18 90.00%
No. 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Moblojoe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Moblojoe
Question Bomy Battling..

Remember the whole Bomy Battling idea Konidias came up with along time ago? Well I was starting to think of how it would be fun and it would grab alot of people's interest. I asked a few of my friends and so far I've gotten a definate Yes for each one of them. So I'd like to know what you think we should do, Implement this idea or just forget about the whole thing.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:23 AM
FFXRikku is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FFXRikku
Yes.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FFXRikku
Yes.
Why do you want it to be implemented? What do you expect out of it?
Old 03-28-2003, 12:25 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Everyone wants it implemented.

Noone knows how to script it :x
Old 03-28-2003, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Googi
Everyone wants it implemented.

Noone knows how to script it :x
Actually I think Konidias has done alot of it. I found a few very big scripts all related to the Bomy battling system in the NC Script Listings.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:29 AM
I think it would add some excitement to 2k1. I mean, pet bomies don't really do much except follow you, so this would be a nice addition, in my opinion.

It could turn out to be pretty fun. If this is implemented the events team people could hold bomy battling events for those who have pet bomies.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FFXRikku
I think it would add some excitement to 2k1. I mean, pet bomies don't really do much except follow you, so this would be a nice addition, in my opinion.

It could turn out to be pretty fun. If this is implemented the events team people could hold bomy battling events for those who have pet bomies.
Yeah it would be, We could then release alot more bomys with their own Strengths and Weaknesses so alot more people can enjoy the feature. What about allowing bomy pets to attack other users, Good or bad?
Old 03-28-2003, 12:38 AM
-Axel- is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to -Axel-
Bomy Battling= Yes

Advantages: Fun, another event, will also get GBM more players.
Disadvantages: Only rich people with be able to do it.

Attacking People= no.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:39 AM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
I remember testing that on Providence with SK and Koni since SK had more rights on Prov it was easier for them to work there. It looked promising with some pretty cool graphics. But all in all I have one thing to say to this

Finish all other projects before working on this. We have so many unfinished projects right now its not even funny. How about actually going through with the projects before adding another one to the playing field. Get the LAT"s to make insides for all buildings that have none. Stop adding levels with out insides example: the idiot who added the GBM bar entrance before he/she even had insides for it. (really really really stupid) Example of scripted things that need finish SEIGE SYSTEM, Some use for the kingdom funds such as buying materials etc...

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by -Axel-

Disadvantages: Only rich people with be able to do it.
That's why we will put more bomys into the economy to make them alot cheaper, however a GOOD bomy would be hard to get =x

Quote:
Originally posted by -Axel-

Attacking People= no.
Haha Just a thought XD

Next question: Should we use a level system for the Bomys to gain 'power' or should it be baised on the owner's battling skills. I have no idea how it would be done I'm just wondering.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:41 AM
Yeah. Like Draktha and Kagon bomies could have a fire strength because they are dragon-like, and Severian bomy could have water strength, because it's a water bomy.

Maybe they should only be able to attack players if they bother them or try to harm them.

Just a thought.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by draygin
I remember testing that on Providence with SK and Koni since SK had more rights on Prov it was easier for them to work there. It looked promising with some pretty cool graphics. But all in all I have one thing to say to this

Finish all other projects before working on this. We have so many unfinished projects right now its not even funny. How about actually going through with the projects before adding another one to the playing field. Get the LAT"s to make insides for all buildings that have none. Stop adding levels with out insides example: the idiot who added the GBM bar entrance before he/she even had insides for it. (really really really stupid) Example of scripted things that need finish SEIGE SYSTEM, Some use for the kingdom funds such as buying materials etc...
1) What projects were there that are unfinished?
2) I'm KA I am only working on the RP system I just thought this would be a cool idea to motivate some of the developers on BM
and 3) Stupid lats =x
Old 03-28-2003, 12:47 AM
Telmont Bandit
Quote:
Originally posted by Moblojoe

1) What projects were there that are unfinished?
2) I'm KA I am only working on the RP system I just thought this would be a cool idea to motivate some of the developers on BM
and 3) Stupid lats =x
The RP System should be finished before this. The motivation to the developers get off your duff or you're fired. I had this philosophy on Providence when I was running it we went through alot of staff but we also got alot of work done and for the most part had a good time. at least those who worked did. There are projects but at the moment the only one I can think of is that kingdom system. What about the market was it ever fixed?

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by draygin

The RP System should be finished before this. The motivation to the developers get off your duff or you're fired. I had this philosophy on Providence when I was running it we went through alot of staff but we also got alot of work done and for the most part had a good time. at least those who worked did. There are projects but at the moment the only one I can think of is that kingdom system. What about the market was it ever fixed?
Uhh yeah I'm pretty sure it was.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:52 AM
Telmont Bandit
Quote:
Originally posted by Moblojoe

Uhh yeah I'm pretty sure it was.
Also I wasnt referring to you not finishing projects just the staff in general. People are making new levels when there are alot of old ones that need finished. People are making new scripts when old ones need finished or fixed. For levels they need at least 2 lats one working on current projects one updating old levels adding missing insides etc.. same with scripters and if people complain about it being boring they can take turns as long as progress is being made on it. I'm not flaming the staff I'm just saying need to spread them out a bit and bring the old projects up to date with the current ones. Rather than starting just new ones while the old ones gather dust. ;x

I stole Spanky's gold!