Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2003, 11:07 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Thats exactly what I had in mind kingdoms having citizens like they used to. Who are strictly non militant. Then this brings way for possible taxes and what not to raise kingdom funds etc... then kingdom funds to be used for randsoms or building food for citizens what ever.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 03-27-2003, 11:17 PM
Moblojoe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Moblojoe
Quote:
Originally posted by draygin
Thats exactly what I had in mind kingdoms having citizens like they used to. Who are strictly non militant. Then this brings way for possible taxes and what not to raise kingdom funds etc... then kingdom funds to be used for randsoms or building food for citizens what ever.
Yep and with our ever-dedicated new Developer (Scripter) LordCG, This could be done pretty soon.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:20 AM
One Quality Chocolate Bar
MilkyWay0016 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MilkyWay0016
Ughn...... NO TAXES!

That'll just make it so people will be FORCED to spend 1000 hours making bread or whatever -_-;;
Old 03-28-2003, 02:31 AM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016
Ughn...... NO TAXES!

That'll just make it so people will be FORCED to spend 1000 hours making bread or whatever -_-;;
No if you're in a kingdom your and you RP job is to make bread then it will force you to.. *gasp* make bread! Same with fishing and farming what ever. But it should all be based on where its done at etc.. Might even make a tax collector RP job :]

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 03-28-2003, 08:15 AM
Zatoichi
TrueHeaT is an unknown quantity at this point
Taxes is a stupid idea. It just promotes scamming and stealing and that's out of character for pretty much every kingdom.

If anyone has any of my tilesets and graphics, please PM me as I would really love to have them.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:01 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Moblojoe
Mind your mouth, You don't even really know me or what I have all planned.
Do I need to? You've already shown what kind of roleplayer you are - the one who thinks that roleplaying is just PKing with a flag tied to your arm.

Quote:
I'm talking about Suggestions or examples of non-combat oriented RP elements. What else can I add in that is non-combat?
You missed the point. Combat is fine but it must be handled in a non-competitive manner. The people must understand that the objective is not to take over the world, and focusing on the fighting alone will not make them understand this. It must be a creative, dramatic world with fun events, not a group of people killing each other just because they're on the other team.

Quote:
Just because RP isn't always about Combat doesn't mean it's bad to have it that way, It may be to you but it's not like you rp ever on bm, you just like to sit back and critisize people by Second Hand Info.
I don't need to roleplay often to know how it should be done. If you want to ignore my opinions then that's your prerogative, but it's incredibly foolish to brush aside all criticism without giving it due consideration.

Quote:
Why is it you guys must give the new KA a hard time? You haven't seen my ideas yet and I haven't had much of a chance to explain myself since I'm managing to come up with new ideas each day.
As I've already stated: You've shown what kind of person you are by the posts you've made in this thread.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:02 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by TrueHeaT
Taxes is a stupid idea. It just promotes scamming and stealing and that's out of character for pretty much every kingdom.
"I'm calling in to talk about taxes."

"You mean Texas, right? The Lonestar State?"
Old 03-28-2003, 09:07 AM
Zatoichi
Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

"I'm calling in to talk about taxes."

"You mean Texas, right? The Lonestar State?"
HAHAHAHHAA
I forget what that is from but I've seen it and it's hilarious.

If anyone has any of my tilesets and graphics, please PM me as I would really love to have them.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:07 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by TrueHeaT

HAHAHAHHAA
I forget what that is from but I've seen it and it's hilarious.
Grand Theft Auto 3.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Zatoichi
Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

Grand Theft Auto 3.
Ah, that's right.

Old 03-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

*Bleet*
Did you entirely miss my ideas about implying more Internal Role play?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:24 PM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Did you entirely miss my ideas about implying more Internal Role play?
They're nice ideas but completely unworkable. You don't understand the average MMORPG player.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I hate to say it, but Madmartigan and Kaimetsu are correct as usual.

The focus of the kingdoms should be on having and using pseudo-medieval characters. Sort of like the SCA but even less realistic.

Of course, this DOES mean some wars, but all wars should have a cause. No "omg let's blow up the zormites today because they sux0r" or "roffel ghost pirate said i cant rp ill show him im a bett3r rper than him anyday! Plz king nightrose let me figt gost pirat its my lifelong dream!" Rather, "We are crowded. Let us conquer the Zormite Empire" or "Those bloody pirates have been lurking off our coast for too long, intercepting our trade vessels and impressing our merchant mariners. Your majesty, let us annihilate them!"

I remember back in the good old days, when RPing meant chasing after one of the only girls in the kingdom, and everyone hanging out in the Dustari and Zormite bars.....them were the days, way back in the Golden Age of Newmain.
Version: 3.12
GO d+ s++:+ !a C++ UL+(UL+++)@ P+ L+(++)>+++ E---- W++@ N- !o ?K w(w--) !O !M@ !V PS- PE+ Y PGP t+ 5 X R tv(tv+) b++(b+)>b++++ DI(DI+) D-- G e->e++++ h! !r y
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Old 03-29-2003, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff
I hate to say it, but Madmartigan and Kaimetsu are correct as usual.

The focus of the kingdoms should be on having and using pseudo-medieval characters. Sort of like the SCA but even less realistic.

Of course, this DOES mean some wars, but all wars should have a cause. No "omg let's blow up the zormites today because they sux0r" or "roffel ghost pirate said i cant rp ill show him im a bett3r rper than him anyday! Plz king nightrose let me figt gost pirat its my lifelong dream!" Rather, "We are crowded. Let us conquer the Zormite Empire" or "Those bloody pirates have been lurking off our coast for too long, intercepting our trade vessels and impressing our merchant mariners. Your majesty, let us annihilate them!"
Uhh where in the hell did I say anything about attacking other kingdoms mindlessly??

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff

I remember back in the good old days, when RPing meant chasing after one of the only girls in the kingdom, and everyone hanging out in the Dustari and Zormite bars.....them were the days, way back in the Golden Age of Newmain.
Good ol days?? Are you kidding me?! Hahaha, they were almost as worse as they are now!

Btw Kaimetsu It's not completly un-do-able, It just takes a few (Or alot) of Restrictions to balance it out. Anything is possible if you keep an enthusiastic Output on things
Old 03-29-2003, 03:03 AM
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Italics are my responses.

Quote:

Uhh where in the hell did I say anything about attacking other kingdoms mindlessly??

That's what comes of anything when war is the main form of roleplaying.

Good ol days?? Are you kidding me?! Hahaha, they were almost as worse as they are now!

No joke.
Version: 3.12
GO d+ s++:+ !a C++ UL+(UL+++)@ P+ L+(++)>+++ E---- W++@ N- !o ?K w(w--) !O !M@ !V PS- PE+ Y PGP t+ 5 X R tv(tv+) b++(b+)>b++++ DI(DI+) D-- G e->e++++ h! !r y
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------