Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2003, 05:46 AM
Moblojoe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Moblojoe
Quote:
Originally posted by TrueHeaT
Grr, shut your mouth about Vermain. He's possibly the best and most versatile Graal RPer around and he was a great Kingdoms admin.

What the hell do you have against him?

Also:

That is so wrong on so many levels and I think you're doing a terrible job already.
I haven't had much of a job to do other than develop new things due to the fact no one ever RP's on BM anymore.

Besides I don't have anything personal agianst him just the things I hear about him and how he just gave up on the kingdoms at the end.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:51 AM
Zatoichi
TrueHeaT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Moblojoe

Besides I don't have anything personal agianst him just the things I hear about him and
Good reason to pull stuff out of a hat and insult a legend, smartballs!

If anyone has any of my tilesets and graphics, please PM me as I would really love to have them.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:08 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Vermain killed RPing when he deleted Dustari.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:14 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:

I don't see how Structural Damage and a FAIR RP death System would disrupt real RPing compared to what we have now.
I said that combat itself disrupts RPing. It creates an OTT 'us vs them' mindset which makes people unlikely to roleplay with the 'enemy'. It makes kings think the objective is to take over the world when really the objective is to make everybody have the most fun possible.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:14 AM
Zatoichi
TrueHeaT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Googi
Vermain killed RPing when he deleted Dustari.
No, he killed Dustari when he deleted Dustari.
Players killed roleplaying when they refused to move on to new things and different characters.

If anyone has any of my tilesets and graphics, please PM me as I would really love to have them.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

I said that combat itself disrupts RPing. It creates an OTT 'us vs them' mindset which makes people unlikely to roleplay with the 'enemy'. It makes kings think the objective is to take over the world when really the objective is to make everybody have the most fun possible.
Hasn't it always been that way though? I mean if you tell me I'm doing my job wrong at least do the respectable thing and tell me how to do it right.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TrueHeaT

Good reason to pull stuff out of a hat and insult a legend, smartballs!
Not only did I hear things from liable Sources I also SAW things that he did that was VERY unproffesional. Smartballs.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:32 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

how he just gave up on the kingdoms at the end.
EXACTLY, DAMNIT.

He gave up on Kingdoms and that was when everyone decided he was so atrocious. No one took note of all the good he did nor how fantastic he was, until the END, when he GAVE UP, because it was worthless to do work that was not only unappreciated by the masses, but ignored by the higher-ups on a dying server.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:48 AM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

EXACTLY, DAMNIT.

He gave up on Kingdoms and that was when everyone decided he was so atrocious. No one took note of all the good he did nor how fantastic he was, until the END, when he GAVE UP, because it was worthless to do work that was not only unappreciated by the masses, but ignored by the higher-ups on a dying server.
He did a damned good job before he gave up.

Anyone who doesn't believe so is horribly wrong.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 03-27-2003, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

EXACTLY, DAMNIT.

Well that's probally due to the fact that the majority probally doesn't know what good things he's done and only knows about him giving up. You can't blame anybody for it I mean yeah it sucks but C'mon unless someone were to do something to remind everyone of what he did people will keep thinking that way. And it's the same with you Kamuii You might have done things in the past, Big things but I will never know because you won't tell me.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Hasn't it always been that way though?
At least Vermain tried to channel the players in the right direction. You just don't understand RPing.

Quote:
I mean if you tell me I'm doing my job wrong at least do the respectable thing and tell me how to do it right.
I already did.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Quote:

At least Vermain tried to channel the players in the right direction. You just don't understand RPing.
Mind your mouth, You don't even really know me or what I have all planned.

Quote:

I already did.
I'm talking about Suggestions or examples of non-combat oriented RP elements. What else can I add in that is non-combat?

Just because RP isn't always about Combat doesn't mean it's bad to have it that way, It may be to you but it's not like you rp ever on bm, you just like to sit back and critisize people by Second Hand Info.

Why is it you guys must give the new KA a hard time? You haven't seen my ideas yet and I haven't had much of a chance to explain myself since I'm managing to come up with new ideas each day.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
I'm willing to give you a chance, Wyroko, because I know you're capable of doing a great job.

But, that combat statement did upset me as well ;X
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 03-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
The problem with rping is as Kaimetsu stated its all.

kingdom1: You have insulted my family it is time to die.

kingdom2: You are no match for me you pitiful fool.

*slash slash hack hack die* hahahaha no one can stand before the might of (winning kingdom)

When you have nothing but combatants it messes up RPing. I recall when Dustari had a butcher and he was in almost every battle. It was just wacked. Most recently with the Orc's part of our rping was mining in the caves. As a non combat form of rping. People say there is nothing to do. You dont need two kingdoms on to RP. God forbid some one rp with out having a war. You can RP farming, fishing, hunting, mining, Hell going to the local pub for a pint with some friends. If anything Combat should only be a minor side to it that doesnt happen every single day. That's one thing I liked about KT alot of our rping was internal with just members. Ghost Pirate did an excellent job with that as well when he was running PC way back. Not sure about the other groups. But some where along the line every one forgot what RPing truly was and all fell into the must Prove the might and right of our kingdom over others destroy all bwahahahahaha!!! So for some fun for RPing how about folks try and actually do some non combat RP.

Which reminds me I actually RP'd a fisherman long before I was in a kingdom. Then I ended up joining Pirate Crew because it fit my RP persona. But I got tired of RPing a fisherman type person so I went with a new character and eventually joined KT after RPing with them for a while and liking how well they did at it. Even though they had a bad rep for how they used to be.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 03-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by draygin
*Quote excluded*
I know exactly what you mean and I agree with you totally but I need to attend to these issues first because it's causing the biggest problems.

Afterwards I'm gonna be working certain things like Gryffon proposed a RP community Idea where people will LIVE in a kingdom, Work (Fishing, Farming, Poaching, And other jobs I'm coming up with), Maybe include other things like a more detailed Clergy with a vivid Background, Have it so the people can run the town Office (Have Governers, a councel, etc), and stuff like that (I'd appreciate suggestions )
This also gave me the idea about a RP-Oriented Economy. This doesn't mean i'm gonna have Jeff replace the old economy and make it strictly RP Just for the 3 Kingdoms and their Inhabitants or Traveling Merchants who wish to sell their Goods. Have things like Tusks, hides, furs, etc from Hunting and have other Edible things like Spices, Grain, Meats, etc.
The items from hunting (And mining) could be used to make Jewelry, Certain Siege Weapons, Banners, Coats, Certain Hats, Etc
The edible items would be used to make Food that would obviously heal the player but maybe give a temporary ability Booster.

I get what you all are saying and stuff like this could be a start at improving Internal RP. So what do you guys think (Btw most of this is just random ideas I came up with right now so it could definately use improvement)?