Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Moblojoe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Moblojoe
Smile The first of many new RP systems to be released.

I'd just like to inform you if you didn't already know, I am your new Kingdoms Administrator. I'm going to try my best to keep order in Graal Bomy Moon RP and not unleash havoc like Vermain did..(No offense)

Anyway I'd like to get opinnions and feedback on an already approved new Rp System. This system will allow kingdoms to attack rival kingdoms WITHOUT my help.

(Please excuse any typos or incomplete sentences, when I brainstorm amongst myself I get so caught up in it I don't focus on my grammer lol)

Kingdom Funds,

Kingdom funds will be used to Buy equipment, Hire Npc's, and Repair damaged or destroyed Structures. Also the king will NOT be able to withdraw from the funds rather it would be automatically subtracted when The ruler or a certain person Performs an action.

Structures:
Structures will have a Damage Limit, Sort of like a HP bar. If a structure Reaches a certain Point of damage, It'll be 'destroyed' but not entirely. You will see rubble of the destroyed structure which a certain person of that kingdom would go and use a certain npc to 'repair' it. Just to note, Only certain things can affect a structure.. For instance a Castle wall, I mean come on your not gonna see some guy run up to it and hack away with his sword, so yeah Only a few things will affect it (Siege Weapons).

How to repair structures,
A certain person like a certain class in the kingdom would go to their Engineering HQ (Name to be hopefully changed) and talk to the Head Engineer. The Head engineer would sell him the supplys to repair the destroyed structure (like you would see a bag over his back or something and a repair hammer in his hand) Once he gains the supplys to repair a structure it'll slow his speed in half and make him more vurnible to attack. Once he arrives to the destroyed structure, He will hit 'a' on the strucuture and he will drop the supplys on the ground. After that he just keeps using the repair hammer on the structure till it's at 100%.

Npc's:
Short and simple, a ruler could hire NPC guards of different varietys (Swordsman, archer, knight, etc) to guard their castle gates, village(s), and the keep. This would be done through the Kingdom's Barracks, A ruler or high authority person would talk to the Kingdom Recruiter in the barracks and choose out of a list of npc's to hire. When your hire a npc, every certain amount of days ( I was thinking every week) you would have to pay so much for each npc soldier so for example:

"I have hired two guards, each one would charge 10 g a week. so at the end of the week automatically 20 g will be subtracted from the Kingdom funds."(Note that this is just an example and not actual data =P)

We will have to figure out a way to order these guys around, I was thinking like giving high authoritys and the ruler a npc called like Guard controls. They set patrol paths for each guard and can set modes, Like Agressive mode and Peaceful Mode. Agressive mode would attack anyone who came into sight who's NOT in that kingdom. Peaceful would ignore anyone that comes by But if anyone attacks another person in his range of view (Or level if it's easier to script) he'll attack that person (Of course if it's a person in his kingdom attacking a person not in his kingdom, he'll attack the one not in the kingdom).

Equipment:
Through the Armory, Kingdom would buy Siege Equipment to attack other Kingdom with and use ONLY this to attack kingdoms with.

Siege equipment would include,

Siege Ladders (To cross moats with, It slows the person who carrying the ladder by 1/4 or something and the ladder itself has a 150 hp limit. It will allow only one person at a time to cross the ladder.
(The gani would look like it's having a hard time to balance)

Siege Explosives (Like a bomb that does a mass amount of damage)

Siege Torches (To light houses on fire with, the fire will die out eventually so not one torch will destroy a house.)

And things we could add in the future,
Siege Rams
Siege Catapults
Siege Obelisks
etc.

Anyway Once a kingdom member buys a siege Equipment from the Armory, A bag image would appear over his back indacting that he carrying a siege weapon. He can only carry one Siege Weapon at a time.

One more thing I'd like to add,
When you are carrying a siege weapon, I was thinking like making the bag image on your back would have a certain symbol or the color of the bag would be different depending on the siege weapon you have in it. So like when you have a siege explosive in a bag and you walk up to a castle wall, The people guarding the castle wall will know what you have and try to take you out first.

Okay well I'm gonna get off and get some sleep, *sick* hehe Give me some constructive comments!

Last edited by Moblojoe; 02-21-2003 at 08:30 PM..
Old 02-21-2003, 05:59 PM
my stapler..
MrCharles will become famous soon enough
Make it so we dont have to ask you to attack.

Make it so when people die they have to stay in heaven until you let everyone out, and unstick me is somehow unusable.

Didnt read all the stuff so if you answered either of these forgive me.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrCharles

Make it so when people die they have to stay in heaven until you let everyone out, and unstick me is somehow unusable.

Didnt read all the stuff so if you answered either of these forgive me.
I did answer the first part and the RP death system is still being worked on.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:

Hell.. and if he aint going to be there, then how is he going to let everyone out of hell?
Old 02-21-2003, 06:17 PM
my stapler..
MrCharles will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Hell.. and if he aint going to be there, then how is he going to let everyone out of hell?
...they sit there and die.:]
Old 02-21-2003, 07:56 PM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

...they sit there and die.:]
Are you an RPer, anyway?
Old 02-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Quote:
Originally posted by brock128

Are you an RPer, anyway?
Orc.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 02-21-2003, 11:36 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
I think we should keep it where Kings/leaders can take money out though. :] Some times we like to put our money in the kingdom funds if we're going to be rping in a non rpzone. That way if we die we dont sit there and lose it.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 02-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by draygin
I think we should keep it where Kings/leaders can take money out though. :] Some times we like to put our money in the kingdom funds if we're going to be rping in a non rpzone. That way if we die we dont sit there and lose it.
Nah, the kingdom isn't like a ph x-x
Old 02-22-2003, 12:07 AM
-Axel- is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to -Axel-
Your doing a horrible job and I hope this while improve rping, since it only got worse.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by -Axel-
Your doing a horrible job and I hope this while improve rping, since it only got worse.
Whatever axel, I'm doing alot better than Vermain did. Things are back to how they used to be. So I don't know how things got worse -_-.

I've been helping everyone out.
I would just love to see you try and take up the job, 20 million pm's every minute, must answer all of them or people will be angry with you. Organizing RP events is a very, VERY challenging task, ass.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:31 AM
More often known as Karsh
Dude6252000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dude6252000
Vermain just good, he was just a little lazy.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/karsheth/
Old 02-22-2003, 12:31 AM
-Axel- is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to -Axel-
Quote:
Originally posted by Moblojoe

Whatever axel, I'm doing alot better than Vermain did. Things are back to how they used to be. So I don't know how things got worse -_-.

I've been helping everyone out.
I would just love to see you try and take up the job, 20 million pm's every minute, must answer all of them or people will be angry with you. Organizing RP events is a very, VERY challenging task, ass.
Better than Vermain? I thought Vermain did a wonderful job. I'm sure you get "20 million" PMs every minute of your time on, but I don't find how a job thats composed of taking old levels and putting them online is hard. Organizing RP events isn't a challenging thing, as well,
ass.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:30 AM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
On your profile in Bomy Moon there should be RP Kills and RP Deaths. And the Kingdom Wins and Kingdoms Losts. Those will help manage your stats and if you die or not.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by -Axel-

Organizing RP events isn't a challenging thing
Hahahahaha, You have NO Idea Axel XD