Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2004, 04:35 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Genesis

You are 1 player out of thoasands that play I dont need to explain myself just go on the PW and look at the playerworlds look at UN and Babylon they always have high playercounts but they dont have the quality as Graal2001 has.

:edit: Oh cmon nobody was playing it in the first place that's why you closed it dont give me that excuse.
I am still a player. One of which you addressed en-mass. I don't like being spoken for, especially when what's being said for me isn't true.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Level Maker
Genesis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by haunter

I am still a player. One of which you addressed en-mass. I don't like being spoken for, especially when what's being said for me isn't true.
I never said how "you" feel I said how the majority of the players feel.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Quote:

I never said how "you" feel I said how the majority of the players feel.
No, no you didn't... Here... Let's see what you said.

Quote:
The players really dont about about the quality they care about the quanity of the servers and evetually stick with that server example Unholy Nation.
No, nope... I don't see anything remotely resembling the word majority, or anything synonymous with it for that matter.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Proteus_XP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Proteus_XP
Regardless,

The bottom line here is established: there is a difference between antagonizing buyers through popular server trends and "setting standards," which has already been done quite adequately by Spark. I remain right on this, whether people want to verbally express that or not. I care little about buddy-buddy defense tradeoffs in an attempt to win back dignity: it gets you nowhere and simply augments my presentation. I've corrected the appropriate people. Deep down, everyone knows I'm right.

I could say, "HEY, YOU'RE A HOMOSEXUAL HAHA!" and that would be true because I said it! -- Please. I've pretty much counteracted every ignorant proposal to weed out the less popular playerworlds, remained on-topic, and left whoever came up with that playerworld hieracrhy idea kicking for the surface.

POP-CHALLENGE: Come up with actual, REAL points to support such a pathetic system, or simply post to support me because you know how right I am. For an added difficulty factor, try doing it without attempting to challenge me, seeing I'm immune to desperate, myopic retorts from no-names and petty sarcasm.

Otherwise, swallow your pride and realize how right I am.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Level Maker
Quote:

No, no you didn't... Here... Let's see what you said.

No, nope... I don't see anything remotely resembling the word majority, or anything synonymous with it for that matter.

I'm not going to argue with you in a forum if you thinks its nessacery to talk about it PM me.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Quote:

I'm not going to argue with you in a fourm if you thinks its nessacery to talk about it PM me.
Hey, if you don't want to admit that you made a mistake that's fine by me... I don't feel the need to try a persuade you into doing so through private messages.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Level Maker
Quote:

Hey, if you don't want to admit that you made a mistake that's fine by me... I don't feel the need to try a persuade you into doing so through private messages.

What mistake did I make because I didn't say "majority of the players" I thought it was obvious to you when I said the players.

anyways again I will say I dont have to argue about this look at the Playercount and see what PW is at the top.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Quote:

What mistake did I make because I didn't say "majority of the players" I thought it was obvious to you when I said the players.
Yes, that's what I am talking about. And no it wasn't that obvious. I'm not some gypsy mind-reader here.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:34 PM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
another 2 cents

@Proteus_XP
1) What are people doing to antagonize PW purchasers?

2) How does any statistical rating system effect any given PW unfairly?

@The reason for this thread:

The basis of why there are so many pw with 0 users is that the people who started them got some ideas together, enough to start a world, but not enough to continue on, yet.

Basically, I suspect many of these worlds are developed more deeply in thought or on paper, and are hopeful they will get time/staff/help/players etc down the road, and are on hold more or less.

I think a lot of PW would be hesitant to join up for the simple reason that they have different hopes goals and degrees of confidence in their own vision vs the vision and dedication of others.

Anyone who starts their own server probably wants things done their way, but a cross development initiative would be a cool thing.

Now, as for ranking PW based on statistics:

The only thing that 'ranks' a PW is if it gets on the list or needs to be typed in to be found. Sure, it makes it harder to find a PW if its new, but it isn't like anyone who starts a PW should be suprised by that, they know how it works.

I don't really touch PWs, is there any resources for them?
I mean, instead of going through forums, a single place to see what ones have been updated would help playercounts.

Maybe quick world stats too, like, player count, average PC for the month, average player playtime (to see if it is just getting checked out for 5 min each or if oldbies play 20 hrs a week).
Last 10 staff update msgs, so you can see the dates and see if it is new.

Last thought: People explore lvls and quests and things a lot faster than they can be made by most PWs. So, naturally people burn out when they have trouble keeping a community, and they get a 0 playercount because they are in perpetual regrouping.

To make a sustaining community, you need to build things that have longevity that outlasts simple exploration. They paid for a PW so they have the right to try all they want to figure out what that is, or put it on hold I guess.

"Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?"
"Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror."
Old 01-15-2004, 08:41 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Proteus:

The simple fact is that your debating skills do not exist. Neither does your intelligence, and neither do your unwavering supporters. Give it up. Refer to:

It's crystal clear that you have no idea of even what you, yourself, are speaking of. You persist in inserting more advanced-sounding words in an effort to seem more intelligent, yet reading your posts yields pure laughter at the unintended word combinations you have strung together. Words have meanings - merely looking them up is not sufficient to understand how to use them.

With regards to your original, pitiful excuse for a point: Representatives of graalonline will review servers to decide if said servers are fit to represent graalonline themselves. I'll note that one of these "kids" reviewing servers is ~48 years old. But you're always right! HOW CAN THAT BE?!
Old 01-15-2004, 09:21 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Mommy Daddy stop fighting ]:!

All I've got to say is that there are many playerworlds and not enough players for most of them.

I miss small servers like xone and sanstrata. The player count was always around 30-40 and it stayed like that. Those were REAL communities. Either a server has A LOT of people or a LOW playercount these days. A lot of the reasons why people create playerworlds is for fame, power, and popularity (mixes with fame). I wish I had a time machine..
Old 01-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Proteus_XP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Proteus_XP
Continued support.

Piss on all the haters who've been put in their place.

I hate to get personal in forums and list names, because most people aren't worth talking about directly. So to the twit who CONTINUES to think he's performing himself and other people a justice by so desperately attempting to put down how precise I am in every way just because I and my (right now lazy) verbosity is something beyond their understanding...

All BOYS need to grow pubic hair and a pair before they can screw with people, including you. No one's FORCING you to read my absolutely correct posts, and I'm not shoving any "big fancy words" down your throat. You've met someone you cannot comprehend and you're threatened by it. You may of thought you were something before, Mr. Dominos, but Papa Johns is here to kick your ass; and frankly, you deserve it because you persistently provoke me. Reason: you're intimidated. Why would you otherwise randomly "INSERT" yourself into something you didn't even discuss. You're so busy trying to keep your other-smart-people-slaying abilities honed, you're becoming ignorant and demoralized.

Oh... and... your ******* pictures are overused and stale - I didn't even click on it because I saw the same link posted months, probably even a year ago. Using images to blindly support your need to feel validated and statured to superb people such as myself is either misplaced testosterone or one incredibly sad self-pathology. It exposes your need to be the superlative to everyone through some half-calculated batter-the-brainy routine. Don't condemn your betters because you yourself are incapable of distinguishing irony and ambiguity apart from one another.

Recapping what we've learned: people who want to randomly start arguments to prove themselves to THEMSELF or other people need to meet a shiny capsulated companion called sertraline HCI.

Look that up in the dictionary.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus_XP
Hmm, wait. I think I'm misunderstanding something here... You're saying that no matter what you say.. It's correct?...
Old 01-15-2004, 11:05 PM
galase galase!
mhermher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher
Quote:

ALL QUOTES HERE
Dude, don't think you'll gain any respect or fame by begin a smartass... Leave the guy alone, he did not harm you so stop playing as he did.

With quantity he meant players, not servers.. You correct him on every misstake he did, so i felt that i had to teach you a lesson by doing the same to you.

Be a nice guy, if you want others to be as nice to you.

Be a smartass, and others will be a smartass to you.

Adiarde Manager
Old 01-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mhermher

Dude, don't think you'll gain any respect or fame by begin a smartass... Leave the guy alone, he did not harm you so stop playing as he did.

With quantity he meant players, not servers.. You correct him on every misstake he did, so i felt that i had to teach you a lesson by doing the same to you.

Be a nice guy, if you want others to be as nice to you.

Be a smartass, and others will be a smartass to you.
He has to be specific. He didn't say he meant quantity of players. I assumed he meant quantity of playerworlds. If he doesn't specify things like this, people are going to make assumptions. It's human nature.