Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-23-2010, 01:44 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Support Center Links

Well it occurred to me that I can no longer tell people to go to the support center when they're having trouble and/or threatening me.

Should either:

1. Re-installed for public again.

or

2. Have support center links redirect/point (http://support.graalonline.com) to the announcement with global contacts, or even a thread specialized for it.

It's just so much easier on both parties to use the support link vs discovering it through the forums.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:43 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Yeah, this is pretty important.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:57 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
They seemed to have no interest in bringing back the old support center and I don't blame them; it's been nothing but trouble and a security risk.

However, I wouldn't object to a new support center... something is sorely needed.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:02 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
something is sorely needed.
Yes, yes it is. E-mail is okay, but when 1 person e-mails more than one of us (In separate e-mails) and we both start getting involved, it introduces a new level of difficulty in solving it, especially without the ability to "Assign" and know "That's this person's case. I can look in and comment to help, but I must trust they will handle it". Also being able to "Comment" on the case file in the support centre was a valuable feature. You can't do that with e-mails.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Scripted support center!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Scripted support center!
Did I hear a "GDT!!!" or what?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Scripted support center!
wouldn't really help the people who can't log in for what ever reason.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I have recommended several new support center suites to both unixmad and Stefan, both unixmad and Stefan have said that they are not interested in having a support center any more due to the security problems we've had in the past.

I really, really hope they will reconsider this in the future though.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-23-2010, 07:31 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Well it occurred to me that I can no longer tell people to go to the support center when they're having trouble and/or threatening me.

Should either:

1. Re-installed for public again.

or

2. Have support center links redirect/point (http://support.graalonline.com) to the announcement with global contacts, or even a thread specialized for it.

It's just so much easier on both parties to use the support link vs discovering it through the forums.
I get frequent problems, the only thing I can do is tell them to either forum PM them or e-mail them.

Therefore, I'm all for a new support center if it can be created so it can't be hacked/etc.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Some kind of scripted support center from the login server would be cool, or at least better than nothing. The only thing it would be useless for is people that are globally banned (which can be dealt with via email, i guess), and people who cannot access the client and/or login server (can ask for help on the forums?).

There should also be contact information for global staff and links to the forum's tech support sections.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I not only miss the ability to assign but still monitor. I miss the ability to research history of tickets. Its also a bit annoying and time consuming when someone sends me a separate email for each response they send. I have to go back through all the emails to figure out what on earth they are talking about.

While my preference would definitely be a new support center, the alternative of at least redirecting the support links would be a plus.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Some kind of scripted support center from the login server would be cool, or at least better than nothing. The only thing it would be useless for is people that are globally banned (which can be dealt with via email, i guess), and people who cannot access the client and/or login server (can ask for help on the forums?).

There should also be contact information for global staff and links to the forum's tech support sections.
Well, I think it would be useful to do that, yes. An in-game support center could work, but there also needs to be a centralized way to contact globals if you aren't able to access the client as you said.

For this, I believe there should be a new email address ([email protected] and [email protected]) and when an email is sent to it, it automatically forwards it to all of us. That way, we can solve most issues in-game, and extreme issues via email. [email protected] could be for general support and accounts could be for account/password-related inquiries and would only be sent to those people who are handling accounts.

With this method, the globals could work together, and each time we reply to an email, could simply CC it to the email address, for example, if an email was sent to [email protected], we could respond to the client and then cc [email protected] to send a copy of the response to all of the other globals.

We cannot work as a well-oiled machine if we are all working separately as we are right now. We need some method of centralized organization in order to properly handle support.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
For this, I believe there should be a new email address ([email protected] and [email protected]) and when an email is sent to it, it automatically forwards it to all of us. That way, we can solve most issues in-game, and extreme issues via email. [email protected] could be for general support and accounts could be for account/password-related inquiries and would only be sent to those people who are handling accounts.

With this method, the globals could work together, and each time we reply to an email, could simply CC it to the email address, for example, if an email was sent to [email protected], we could respond to the client and then cc [email protected] to send a copy of the response to all of the other globals.
That's exactly what I thought myself, but it might be tricky to keep track of who is dealing with what and have people dealing with the same issues twice.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
That's exactly what I thought myself, but it might be tricky to keep track of who is dealing with what and have people dealing with the same issues twice.
Which is happening. Another issue I've noticed is that if a player emails one of us and doesn't like the outcome he emails the next person down the line to attempt to get a different result. We have no way of knowing if someone else has already investigated a situation unless a server staff member mentions it to us. While a centralized email may help resolve that it won't help if all of us are getting all the emails and we all start working on the same problem.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:00 PM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Which is happening. Another issue I've noticed is that if a player emails one of us and doesn't like the outcome he emails the next person down the line to attempt to get a different result. We have no way of knowing if someone else has already investigated a situation unless a server staff member mentions it to us. While a centralized email may help resolve that it won't help if all of us are getting all the emails and we all start working on the same problem.
Yeap, I was just about to edit my post and say this before you posted it.

Tags
pwa, staff, support center